Which Pro's Pro machine ? Manual/Digital ? Fixed Clamps or not ? Should I pay more ?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Densha, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Densha

Densha Regular Member

Student
    Hello,
    I have been browsing this forum for a while now.
    I'm interested in purchasing a PP Shuttle express only for badminton, but a friend of mine has told me that fixed clamps are better for maintaining the tension. Many BCers are using this machine when they begin.

I plan to put a WISE 2086 later as soon as I get my money back stringing for few mates.

My question is should I pay more and get :
    a - Pro's Pro Pilot which seems to be a good manual and linear with fixed clamps
    b - Pro's Pro TX 500n or 600a - low price digital machines, but I don't see many reviews for these machines
    c - Pro's Pro Shuttle Express, no fixed clamps, and i will add WISE 2086 later

edit : I am planning to add a WISE 2086 on any machine I would pick, but I don't know if it would fit on TX 500 or 600.

a = 320 €, b = 400 €, c = 200 €

I have already order Yonex flying clamps for about 30 € both.

Thanks for your help, I know that many threads of this kind exist, but i can't even decide.

Densha

2. _Rav_

_Rav_ Regular Member

Gofer
    I have a PP shuttle express, and i think from what we could tell, you'll need to make a longer keel bar to accomodate a WISE. The Alpha Shuttle Express has a longer bar to start with.

I think the biggest factor with tension loss will be your technique, and only the last 5-10% down to the clamps. I use the 2 PP supplied, plus 2 YY clamps on the mains, and just the two YY on the crosses, so i move the clamp only to the adjacent string, rather than top to bottom.

3. Michal

Michal Regular Member

I'm using Psp tx500 with custom stand and custom side side supports (pictures).
    This stringing system IMO is inefficient. It works, but I need long piece of string (last main and last crosses), waste of string. Second disadvantage is relatively slowness. I think that crank would be slightly faster.
    Advantages: mounting system, stability and price.
    About clamps: I have got only psp flying (I'm not using tennis fixed).

If I bouoght second time I would think about P'sP Xp Plus (crank with stand and Wise 2086 in the future) or P's P Electronic P-103 (new model-arfaian side, with stand too).
    Crank with Wise will be quite expensive (~300€+~400€), but P-103 (540€) is unknown quality. It's difficult choice.

4. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Get the Pilot - it's the best value-for-money base machine for a WISE. The fixed rotary gripper does, indeed, waste string; you can get a WISE very close to the turntable of a Pilot, at least as close as the crank can get.

5. Densha

Densha Regular Member

Student
    ok thank you so much for your answers. I don't get when you say " The fixed rotary gripper does, indeed, waste string" what do you mean ? I don't know a damn thing about stringing sorry.

6. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

You need extra string just to reach it, and that string ends up being cut off after you tie your knot.

7. Densha

Densha Regular Member

Student
    thank you for your kindness Mark A. I see now what you mean. I'll probably go for Pro's Pilot then, but it looks out of stock till Feb. Can't wait that long to practice now that I use BG 66 UM I break my strings more often :/