Results 1 to 17 of 448
01-03-2012, 08:13 AM #1
2012 Korea Open SSP: Wed 04-Jan (Round 1)
The 2012 Korea Open SSP Round 1 matches.
I was quite happy that many TPE and HKG players have qualified from the Qualification Rounds. Unfortunately, none of the INA qualifiers could make it into the Main Draws.
To follow the players in the Main Draw, we have;
* For Schedule of Matches:
* For Time in Korea;
* For Live Streaming, perhaps BCers from different countries can post the links that are working for their regions. Different countries sometimes cannot use the same links. So far these links are pretty good:
* For our BC PAW Game, Sandy has posted:
01-03-2012, 09:30 AM #2
Looking forward to the Ng sister's match against Jauhari/Polii.
01-03-2012, 09:32 AM #3
Greysia's injure still not 100% yet. But i still hope they can progress to QF. They really need more points now as Greysia's injure really affecting their perfomance!
01-03-2012, 09:38 AM #4
01-03-2012, 03:00 PM #5
I have just selected 20 Singles players I expect to win in Round 1 in our BC PAW Game (giving reasonable/PAWable scoring points);
* Liu Xin (CHN)
* Cheng Shao Chieh (TPE)
* Ratchanok Inthanon (THA)
* Pai Hsiao Ma (TPE)
* Wang Xin (CHN)
* Porntip-B (THA)
* Sung Ji Hyun (KOR)
* Yip Pui Yin (HKG)
* Shon Wan Ho (KOR)
* Nguyen Tien Minh (VIE)
* Park Sung Min (KOR)
* Peter Hoeg Gade (DEN)
* Hans-K. Vittinghus (DEN)
* Kazushi Yamada (JPN)
* Taufik Hidayat (INA)
* Wang Zhengming (CHN)
* Sho Sasaki (JPN)
* Marc Zwiebler (GER)
* Jan O Jorgensen (DEN)
* Lee Hyun Il (KOR)
If I can get more than 50% correct, I shall be very happy.
01-03-2012, 06:18 PM #6
Some matches to look forward to:
• MD - CB/GZD v Markis/Hendra. Oh, how the mighty once INA pair has regressed.
• WD - Jwala/Ashwini v Hoo/Woon. Two evenly matched pairs with the former more established and the latter knocking hard at the door
• WS - Schenk v LX. Intriguing. Can the hardworking German blunt the CHN youngster?
• MS - NTM v Tago. Should be a close, lung-bursting, drawn-out encounter.
To be continued
01-03-2012, 06:37 PM #7
How much is the prize money? Is this still the richest tournament?
01-03-2012, 06:40 PM #8
Tough for qualifier. Yesterday played 2 matches. Must be super human to be able to do well. Good exposure tho.
Will pablo do miracles? lol. ariba ariba...
01-03-2012, 06:47 PM #9
wake up early to watch the rematch of 2011 london XD finals
01-03-2012, 06:57 PM #10
More matches to look forward to:
• WD - Mel/Greys v Ng sisters. INA v MAS has always been fun to watch. The off-form but higher ranked INA pair will have all they can handle with the independent MAS duo.
• MS - Boonsak v WZM. Both have been off colour of late. An excellent for one of them to get their motor running.
• XD - Chan/Goh v Diju/Jwala. Inconsistent but evenly matched pairs will fancy the opportunity to pick up valuable ranking points.
• WS - Michelle Li v Tine. Will the up and coming Michelle learn from their last encounter when Tine taught her a good lesson?
• WS - BYJ v WX. As good a time as any for them patriotic line judges to make an appearance.
• WS - TTY v SJH. The return of the Tai-phoon will be eagerly anticipated.
01-03-2012, 07:02 PM #11
limsy liked this post
01-03-2012, 07:12 PM #12
Adcock/Bankier getting everything back. Zhang/Zhao seem a little lackadaisical in their play so far.
01-03-2012, 07:13 PM #13
Bad draws for INA players/pairs will mean most will be eliminated today. INA might only have 2 representatives in MS, 3 in MD, 1 in WD, and 1 in XD by tomorrow.
Simon Santoso  vs Kazushi Yamada - despite his injury, I still expect Simon to progress.
Taufik Hidayat vs Rajiv Ouseph - should be a manageable tie for Taufik. He has a chance to win 6050 pts here as Simon is still not fully fit yet.
Tommy Sugiarto vs Sho Sasaki  - it will represent a progress if Tommy can beat the much-improved Sho.
Dionysius Hayom Rumbaka vs Jan O Jorgensen - might be exit door yet again for Hayom against the recently crowned Copenhagen Masters champion.
Chai Biao/Guo Zhendong  vs Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan - Kido/Hendra need to win this and progress to QF to salvage any remaining hopes of an Olympic qualification. Failure to secure 6,050 pts this week will seriously hamper their progress. But I still think they are not fit enough.
Bona Septano/Mohd Ahsan  vs Naoki Kawamae/Shoji Sato - Bona/Ahsan should take this one.
Liao Min Chun/Wu Chun Wei vs Angga Pratama/Rian Agung Saputro - high hope is placed on Rian/Angga to climb to the top 15 or even higher by this year.
Chen Hung Ling/Lin Yu Lang vs Hendra A. Gunawan/Alvent Yulianto Chandra - AG/Alvent to take this.
Meiliana Jauhari/Greysia Polii  vs Ng Hui Lin/Ng Hui Ern - Grace's injury has seriously affected this pair's performance over the past 4 months. The draw is reasonably kind to them and they need a QF finish this week.
Vita Marissa/Nadya Melati vs Reika Kakiiwa/Mizuki Fujii  - I don't think Vita/Nadya can repeat their victory over the Japanese pair in the INA SSP last year.
Nitya Krishinda Maheswari/Anneke Feinya Agustine vs Tian Qing/Zhao Yunlei  - tough luck for Nitya/Feinya. Any scores above 16 in both sets will be a good outcome for them.
Mohd Rijal/Debby Susanto vs He Hanbin/Bao Yixin - it will be a nice surprise if Rijal/Debby can beat the CHN pair.
Tontowi Ahmad/Liliyana Natsir  vs Michael Fuchs/Birgit Michels - Towi/Butet will have another chance at Zhang/Zhao this week. Can they fulfill their seeding first? They better do!
Nova Widianto/Vita Marissa vs Xu Chen/Ma Jin  - Xu/Ma to advance.
01-03-2012, 07:13 PM #14
Adcock smashes at ZYL off a short backhand lift by ZN. GB 12-10
01-03-2012, 07:18 PM #15
I'm finding LiveScore lagging behind the live action
01-03-2012, 07:23 PM #16
Imogen Bankier outplayed ZYL in G1 to give her and Adcock a 21-19 win. She was extremely calm and alert and her defence was awesome. ZYL/ZN continue to sleepwalk.
01-03-2012, 07:24 PM #17
I can't watch HJE any more. It's pretty frustrating.
By chris-ccc in forum Korea Open / Malaysia Open 2012Replies: 332: 01-21-2012, 02:02 PM
By chris-ccc in forum Korea Open / Malaysia Open 2012Replies: 455: 01-12-2012, 08:12 AM
By extremenanopowe in forum Korea Open / Malaysia Open 2012Replies: 0: 01-10-2012, 09:02 AM
By limsy in forum Korea Open / Malaysia Open 2010Replies: 33: 01-13-2010, 05:01 AM
By yannie in forum Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2007Replies: 0: 01-25-2007, 02:49 PM