Which racket is the RIGHT one?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by derekso, Jan 3, 2012.

1. derekso

derekso Regular Member

can any of you pros out there help me select a right racket?
    i currently have a carbonex 8400ti.
    I want to play singles because i don't have a partner that is mentally agreeing with me at times ;).
    anways. My foot work is pretty ok. I can reach any spot in the court. I have a lot of speed but no statmina. For the first 10 points or so i can return every birdie nicely. then i start falling bad XD.
    i like to defend shots until the opponent messes up and i kill them with a smash.
    O and my power. All my coaches say that i have immense power. I can cross court clear with just a snap of the wrist. No turning of the body or even following through the hit.
    Which racket do you guys reccomend, and should i play singles with what i can do?
    i wanna get a cab 35? is that okay?

2. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

Carbonex 35 is relatively cheap compared to the other high end Yonex racquets. If you are used to playing with Carbonex racquets then it is definitely a good choice.

Regarding your literal question of "which racquet is the RIGHT one", the actual answer is NONE, and ALL. It depends solely on you, what you personally are comfortable with and what you like to do with it. You must try them all then decide which is "correct". Similarly, I doubt that you would follow someone's suggestion here to wear a size XS shirt (because of whatever reason the person might offer) if your shirt size is L, would you?

3. derekso

derekso Regular Member

i was just wondering about technical stuff like racket stiffness, the weight, balance. and the other stuff. Like according to my description, what racket would best compliment my strengths and help out my weaknesses?

4. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

your current racket is a medium flex...

have you try out any of your friends/coaches racket?

5. derekso

derekso Regular Member

i tried an Arc Z. The smashes were amazing. but the head felt a pretty heavy to me and my shots were not very acurate.
    i tried nano speed 9900. Extremely agile but smashes didnt give the "umph".
    The cab 35 seemed like a pretty good compromises for the problems. (well balanced)

6. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    @darekso
    Have you tried Cab 35 before? If you feel comfortable with it, go for it then, since you are from Cab users, oh yeah btw, Cab 30 Muscle worth a try too...

You could try Arc 7 or Arc 9, if you want a racket with isometric head shape.

7. Phuongrocks

Phuongrocks Regular Member

none
    No I think you should go with isometric. Maybe go with Voltric 80. :)

8. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    ARCSABER 5DX or ARCSABER 8DX GOOO AND BUY NOW!!!!!

Forget the rest of the ArcSabers....

OR GO AND BUY

A Voltric 60 or a Voltric 70~~~~!!!!!

Another option might be a MusclePower 99 !!!!

REMEMBER, racquets are not the main problem here...

Getting a Yonex made in Taiwan $70-90 racquet and a $150 - $250 made in Japan racquet is no difference.

Just make sure the racquet is around 3U or 4U range (I prefer 3U though, 4U is a tad light for me)

Make sure that it is a Carbon graphite/fiber or whatever

String it to a tension depending your skill level and use the string of your playing style (ATTACKING, DEFENSING etc.)

Now all it matters is your skills and techniques...

Even if you have the top of the line YONEX NanoSpeed 9900, or Voltric 80, or ArcSaber 10/Z-Slash, or MusclePower 100, or Armortech 900 P/T,

The question is DOES IT REALLY MATTER???!??!??!???

If you are not going to be that good at technique, just spend less money on a flashy racquet and more money in getting a court to practice or maybe get a little bit of lessons....

NOT TO MENTION, grips are actually more important than a racquet...
    MAKE SURE you get a good grip size when you order your racquet that fits your hand. OR you can always build the grip with overgraps, but the balance will no longer be the original manufacturer's balance, and also the weight of the racquet might go a little higher (depending on how many grips you are building with.)

String is important, if you bought a Z-Slash and strung it with crappy BG-8s you will not get the desired performance. Try BG-80/85/65 Ti (a bit slippy though)/66 (Ultimax/Maxima)/Nanogy 98 etc.

Does it matter if your racquet has that "(Ultra) High Modulus Carbon Graphite", "(X)-Fullerene", G-Force Ti", "Ultra PEF", "Elastic Ti", Cup-Stacked Carbon Nanotubes", or even just the traditional "Carbon Nanotubes" ???!??!??!

THE ANSWER IS NOOOOO!!!!! IT DOES NOT MATTER....

These thing are just minimal additive that is part of Yonex's Marketing Campaign tio build up hype..

In reality, the performance is similar to other racquets of the same balance, stiffness and weight.....

Forget about all those fancy YONEX vocab (Ultra HM Carbon, Sound Filter, X-Fullerene)....

I mean will I really hear a difference of sound filter or not on the Voltric 80?
    The Answer is NO, I WILL NOT HEAR A DIFFERENCE.

Yonex Sound Filter my ass

Just get some BG 66s/80s or Nanogy 98s and you are SET!!!!!!

9. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

Based on above writing, your technique must be above avarage. But still, racket choices are very personal. So the ideal racket for everyone still doesn't exist in my opinion. The best thing you can do is try some rackets, and look at the specs where they are designed for. If you have a good reference, you can narrow your scope and try different rackets with the same specs. The problem here is that I think there are not a lot of people here owning a Carbonex 8600ti and owning a high(er) end racket also to compare. If you have that immense power, it's time to move to a higher class racket, because YOU will feel the difference.