User Tag List

Page 16 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 66 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by a|extan View Post
    nola.... u dun get my joke....

its okie..

cheers
    Ohhh! Sorry. Very slow of me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AzrinRain View Post
    Frankly, that does not make a difference long term. The racket will be copied eventually.
    Yonex trusts Chong Wei (or even Kien Keat and Boon Heong) enough to try out their prototypes.
    Look where it had benefitted Yonex? This thread is living proof.
    So, even if Chong Wei gave that to a fan, Yonex won't lose much. All they need to do is to move up the launch date.
    im sure they have decided the launch date, they just havent decided on out of the 3 prototype balance point which balance point will be used for the production model......

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooc67 View Post
    A picture :
    The VT ZF has a revolutionary double-shafted design... not unlike those double-barrelled guitars used by rock maestros.

WOOTZ!!!

4. Likes visor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pre-Launch rackets or even prototypes for the players is only used by the players. Yonex has a very strict rule for players who give those protos to the public. Unless after it is launched. Usually prototypes are
    given back to Yonex unless they are given notice or approval to keep it. But still giving it to public is very unlikely.

Anyway all the best in guessing what racket is being used since most of you already seen it on T.V or
    somewhere else.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope it will be out in the end of this month... I would love to try something new

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ants View Post
    Pre-Launch rackets or even prototypes for the players is only used by the players. Yonex has a very strict rule for players who give those protos to the public. Unless after it is launched. Usually prototypes are
    given back to Yonex unless they are given notice or approval to keep it. But still giving it to public is very unlikely.

Anyway all the best in guessing what racket is being used since most of you already seen it on T.V or
    somewhere else.
    Ants, do you know when the launch is scheduled for?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

somewhere else.
    It seems odd to call it a prototype. It looks like a finished product. I remember the Arc 10 was a black prototype. Also, it's been used in two highly visible events so it would seem a pure idiocy on the part of Yonex Marketing not to make some kind of announcement regarding this product to capatalize on the buzz that's been generated. There's going to a lull in big events until the AE and it would be silly not do anything while they've got this momentum. Of course maybe there waiting for the results from some lame-ass fastest smash lab test before releasing it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha! Nice one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, there are certain thing you don't know about the development of the racket. They have prototypes
    with full on paint job. If you are in KL, i can show you some Protos that i have with full on paint jobs. ARCZSlash also have an all White version. But you don't see the players use them. Anyway this is all i can say.

Quote Originally Posted by thunder.tw View Post
    It seems odd to call it a prototype. It looks like a finished product. I remember the Arc 10 was a black prototype. Also, it's been used in two highly visible events so it would seem a pure idiocy on the part of Yonex Marketing not to make some kind of announcement regarding this product to capatalize on the buzz that's been generated. There's going to a lull in big events until the AE and it would be silly not do anything while they've got this momentum. Of course maybe there waiting for the results from some lame-ass fastest smash lab test before releasing it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, there are certain thing you don't know about the development of the racket. They have prototypes
    with full on paint job. If you are in KL, i can show you some Protos that i have with full on paint jobs. ARCZSlash also have an all White version. But you don't see the players use them. Anyway this is all i can say.

Quote Originally Posted by thunder.tw View Post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a product designer, there are various levels of prototyping. As badminton rackets are pretty simple things, once you have a mould made, there are infinite ways you can change the matrix/schedule/layup and still retain the basic form. If the mould is set in stone, the naming/branding decided upon, then I see no reason not to refine the specifications in full regalia.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, their marketing dept. is just going for hype.. if results are poor (like for TBH/KKK) they can just say it was "other" specs of that proto and still tweaking, and if results are good, they can state this is the specs going to be introduced in AE 2012...

If they where NOT interested in the marketing buzz they would have just painted the prototypes like older models to test in silence without buzz/fuzz..

/T

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, they could have finally realised that it's not a bad idea seeing that you've payed this guy bazillions of ducats that he could actually be used as a direct promotional tool for rackets.

In the past Yonex have just made token 'signature' rackets, but this seems to me the first time that they have so closely aligned a player with a racket from the get-go. (discounting the TBH/KKK debarcle).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    Also, they could have finally realised that it's not a bad idea seeing that you've payed this guy bazillions of ducats that he could actually be used as a direct promotional tool for rackets.

In the past Yonex have just made token 'signature' rackets, but this seems to me the first time that they have so closely aligned a player with a racket from the get-go. (discounting the TBH/KKK debarcle).
    Probably a good thing to do.. The earlier they test, design around LCWs needs, the better I think. But it seems like they still kind of has the design more or less done and then just tweak some parts based on LCWs preferences instead of designing for him from the ground up to optimize his Olympic "weapon"...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very true. Nothing to say that there is anything 'off the shelf' about LCW's rackets anyway. People just presume they are, but if you look at say the LYD Bravesword, the specification is nothing like the Bravesword 09 that he's been using for years.....there was also some KRP coded Braveswords for sale recently which weren't the specifications you and me can buy.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are a lot of things I don't don't know about the development of the raquet. However it beggers the imagination the LCW would compete in two high profile tournaments with an incomplete racquet in need of tweaking. From a marketing perspective it's sheer folly not to make some kind of comment about the racquet even if it is just a fluff release indicating something new is coming (they've done this before). I can't see how squandering the momentum that's been created is a good idea. What's the point of sponsoring the #1 player in the world, introducing a new racquet that he then uses to come roaring back in the new season especially after ending the last season weakly. This is a dream scenario for any equipment supplier. But I'm not in marketing so perhaps a better strategy is to wait for the AE and risk another one of LCWs mental collapses. I suppose if that happens you can always just release a marketing video showing a couple of lab technicians dropping the thing from the roof of a 30 ft building.

Even if Yonex doesn't have a new racquet ready they should just put that paint job on a bunch of Arcsaber 7s. People will still snap them up and most of them will be convinced its a new racquet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm, if the rumoured launch date in March(or late Feb) is true, then what we saw might not be a prototype. Yonex should have at least enough made for a worldwide distribution already.
    If that is not the case, then i'd say that this is a GM seed(technical term for one release before the final product outcome). All Yonex needs is feedback from the testers, and to see if the color/design is all right, based on the hype generated.

But the question that begs answering is why only three get to test it? And all three are Malaysian shuttlers. Should've at least given some to TH and some to the Danes as well.

Page 16 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 66 ... LastLast