User Tag List

Page 18 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 68 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    A possible scenario for YY's silence: that LCW possibly pushed to use this racquet because he was very pleased with it, and KKK/TBH jumped on the bandwagon. ...but Yonex is not yet fully prepared to make the market release. Many issues could be the reason; publicity campaign not ready; production not ramped up; distribution not fully on board....
    That's what I would assume as well. VT80 production also started in December already prior to the All England release 2 1/2 months later in March. But still leaves open the final paintjob might differ ... (ARC10 production had also already started when the black ones were still in use)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voltric View Post
    Bernama Sports
    Jan. 16, 2012

A happy Lee Chong Wei was pursued by the Malaysian Press yesterday after winning the Malaysian Open. One of the biggest questions posed to the World No. 1 was his "new" racket, and the fact that he won the first two Super Series tournaments with a racket that looked like a prototype Voltric. When asked about it, Lee Chong Wei made several revealing remarks for all racket enthusiasts.

"I am somewhat glad that my new racket has garnered a lot of interest from the public. So much so that I was informed of a long (though useless) thread on one of the Internet forums regarding my new weapon of choice. But I am here to tell you that it is an APACS, dressed up as a Yonex. I have been secretly buying APACS for the last two years, disguised as a priest, and it has helped me accomplish a lot of success on the Super Series circuit. In fact I only used the Voltric once, during training, in which I was soundly beaten by Wong Choon Hann. After that I used APACS Tantrums exclusively. And do you really think Lin Dan won the World Championship using a Li Ning? It's actually a painted on APACS Slayer. Ditto Chen Long, who uses a dressed up Nano Power."

There you have it, mystery solved.
    Anyone believe the above story? Be careful, Bernama may take action if it is not true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can someone tell me how Yonex has acted in the past before realeasing a top-of-the-range model? I wasn't around when the ones like Z-Slash were realeased, so I can't compare.
    Secondly, I don't know how the situation is in the big badminton countries like malaysia, but here in Luxembourg where we do have quite an established community, the players aren't as focussed on new racquets, many don't even now of the Voltric 80. I see that there's a lot of talk going on here on Badmintoncentral, but is this also true for other places?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe that the tendency of consumerism for badminton products is very high in south east asian region

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bernama Sports
    Jan. 16, 2012

A happy Lee Chong Wei was pursued by the Malaysian Press yesterday after winning the Malaysian Open. One of the biggest questions posed to the World No. 1 was his "new" racket, and the fact that he won the first two Super Series tournaments with a racket that looked like a prototype Voltric. When asked about it, Lee Chong Wei made several revealing remarks for all racket enthusiasts.

"I am somewhat glad that my new racket has garnered a lot of interest from the public. So much so that I was informed of a long (though useless) thread on one of the Internet forums regarding my new weapon of choice. But I am here to tell you that it is an APACS, dressed up as a Yonex. I have been secretly buying APACS for the last two years, disguised as a priest, and it has helped me accomplish a lot of success on the Super Series circuit. In fact I only used the Voltric once, during training, in which I was soundly beaten by Wong Choon Hann. After that I used APACS Tantrums exclusively. And do you really think Lin Dan won the World Championship using a Li Ning? It's actually a painted on APACS Slayer. Ditto Chen Long, who uses a dressed up Nano Power."

Hmm, I think you have way too much free time on your hands. My personal take is that Yonex has some ingenious new marketing strategy. The sole purpose of which is to convert Twobeer into a Yonex fanboy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Another shot taken from 2012 Victor Korean Open

http://www.badmintondaily.co.kr/
    Name:  naver_com_20120119_163940.jpg
Views: 2066
Size:  127.6 KBName:  naver_com_20120119_164004.jpg
Views: 1994
Size:  123.3 KB
    Name:  naver_com_20120119_164033.jpg
Views: 2169
Size:  119.0 KB
    Name:  naver_com_20120119_164115.jpg
Views: 2101
Size:  136.8 KB

These pictures are taken by the badminton journalist during the MS final, Lee VS Lin. Copyrights are belong to the journalist, Kim, Hong Kyoung, and the Badmintondaily

http://www.badmintondaily.co.kr/

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

photo courtesy of Edwin Leung who responded to my requests for a photo.

THANK YOU EDWIN!

Name:  401729_10150504399883860_773238859_8850307_411883183_n.jpg
Views: 7654
Size:  47.7 KB

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In that close up pic of the racket above, are my eyes tricking me or do I only count 3 shared holes on half of the racket?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bernama Sports
    Jan. 16, 2012

That sounds very fishy. Why would Lee Chong Wei admit to the public that he has been using a racquet of another company repainted as Yonex? Would Yonex allow such news to be made public even if this information was true? How would Lee Chong Wei know the racquets that his opponents use?

There you have it, mystery still fishy.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Looking at it carefully, I count 39 holes on one half of the racket, so does that mean it could be 78 hole design?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Looking at it carefully, I count 39 holes on one half of the racket, so does that mean it could be 78 hole design?
    i counted 4 pairs of non-shared holes on top and no pairs of non-shared holes at the bottom. that should make it the same pattern as the Z-Slash.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post
    i counted 4 pairs of non-shared holes on top and no pairs of non-shared holes at the bottom. that should make it the same pattern as the Z-Slash.
    That makes sense, since this new racket is a Z variant!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    That makes sense, since this new racket is a Z variant!
    yes. and i think in the future when we see any Z-Smash, Z-Kill, Z-Force, Z-Slice, Z-Drop, Z-ipper, it will probably have the similar pattern too!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

is it me or does the 2nd cross string from the top look super loose?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bernama Sports
    Jan. 16, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Jonster View Post
    That sounds very fishy. Why would Lee Chong Wei admit to the public that he has been using a racquet of another company repainted as Yonex? Would Yonex allow such news to be made public even if this information was true? How would Lee Chong Wei know the racquets that his opponents use?

There you have it, mystery still fishy.
    Hmmm, I too doubt this story from both LD and CL using them, LCW openly admitting so while endorsing the paymaster YY, and beaten by old man WCH with the latest Voltric, and if LCW rebranded YY to look like APAC then whoever did it has done a good rebranding job. I think the writer posted this as a prank and see if anyone takes the bite.
    On the other hand, I do like and use APACs is because the Tantrum and Lethal are very good rackets, IMO better than YY/LN at the same price range. Still, I much prefer the YY/LN that LCW,TH,LD endorse. The real reason I buy APACs is they are cheap-cheap at 1/3 the price of YY and more savings than LD's LN at Pertama Complex in KL.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneToughBirdie View Post
    Hmmm, I too doubt this story from both LD and CL using them, LCW openly admitting so while endorsing the paymaster YY, and beaten by old man WCH with the latest Voltric, and if LCW rebranded YY to look like APAC then whoever did it has done a good rebranding job. I think the writer posted this as a prank and see if anyone takes the bite.
    On the other hand, I do like and use APACs is because the Tantrum and Lethal are very good rackets, IMO better than YY/LN at the same price range. Still, I much prefer the YY/LN that LCW,TH,LD endorse. The real reason I buy APACs is they are cheap-cheap at 1/3 the price of YY and more savings than LD's LN at Pertama Complex in KL.
    It's really no question whether that is true or not. It's simply a prank, and not a good one

Page 18 of 74 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 68 ... LastLast