User Tag List

Page 27 of 74 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Saw a smash speed comparison with the VT-80 and the Force carried the speed through much longer:
    VT80: 415 vs VT-ZF: 414 and ended at VT80: 88kmph vs VT-ZF: 120kmph
    It's quite impossible for controlled tests to show the above. Reason being the only energy transferred to the shuttles is kinetic energy:

where m = mass of shuttles and v = initial velocities (415 vs 414)

This holds true whichever racquets are used, or for that matter, a special contraption invented in the lab to simulate string-bed striking the shutte.

As the shuttle flies through the air, air resistance will act on it and retard its speed. Assuming perfect conditions (identical shuttles) and conrolled testing over a large no. of samples, the shuttles would have the same flight-paths, so its terminal velocity when striking the ground, should be more or less, the same figures.... around the same area.

Unless of course, YY marketing department forgot to mention the layer of invisible fairy dust imparted by the VT-ZF during initial impact, which enables it to negate the tenacious hold of the pesky phenemenon known as air resistance.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yurimaster2010 View Post
    bro,
    bcoz u ve a blank cheque that y never need a pocket
    haha
    To be honest I don't think I'll be buying this racket in a hurry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hands down the most anticipated racket of 2012...
    Name:  vtzfrs.JPG
Views: 2581
Size:  77.0 KB

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Upper part of the frame look like mp99.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A news from Japan said VT-Z Force will launch at March with 3U G4/5, 4U G4/5 and a model of Limited Edition with 4U G5 (White, gold and purple colour for LTD)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A news from Japan said VT-Z Force will launch at March with 3U G4/5, 4U G4/5 and a model of Limited Edition with 4U G5 (White, gold and purple colour for LTD)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks like the top cross string is so close to the frame that even LCW's personal stringer (I did not mention "professional") had to finish the cross on the second from the top and tie off at top 14 due to the restriction to his clamp. That explains the akwardly loose top second cross that was bothering kwun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think YY has to start built a racket according to their sponsor player want. so a lot of people interested to buy YY racket if that player win or play well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn, tat must be bg66sharp...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to rethink... actually... doesn't look that bad at all

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by axl886 View Post
    It's quite impossible for controlled tests to show the above. Reason being the only energy transferred to the shuttles is kinetic energy:

where m = mass of shuttles and v = initial velocities (415 vs 414)

This holds true whichever racquets are used, or for that matter, a special contraption invented in the lab to simulate string-bed striking the shutte.

As the shuttle flies through the air, air resistance will act on it and retard its speed. Assuming perfect conditions (identical shuttles) and conrolled testing over a large no. of samples, the shuttles would have the same flight-paths, so its terminal velocity when striking the ground, should be more or less, the same figures.... around the same area.

Unless of course, YY marketing department forgot to mention the layer of invisible fairy dust imparted by the VT-ZF during initial impact, which enables it to negate the tenacious hold of the pesky phenemenon known as air resistance.
    I believe Yonex' flawed measuring system for top speed could play an important factor here (unlike the VT80 test, these numbers were only posted on a chinese forum without they typical Yonex lab slides). As we know from the Z-SLash test only the most minimal of travel distance was measured to take this top speed from and my assumption here is that the shuttle is still deformed in this stage. As mentioned by others practically the only explanation for the difference is deformation of the shuttle ...
    But hey, I'm just the messenger ... no shooto me . After all we still have some time to go before the release, need some gossip to kill the time .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the most demanding racket in the universe perhaps?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    I believe Yonex' flawed measuring system for top speed could play an important factor here (unlike the VT80 test, these numbers were only posted on a chinese forum without they typical Yonex lab slides). As we know from the Z-SLash test only the most minimal of travel distance was measured to take this top speed from and my assumption here is that the shuttle is still deformed in this stage. As mentioned by others practically the only explanation for the difference is deformation of the shuttle ...
    But hey, I'm just the messenger ... no shooto me . After all we still have some time to go before the release, need some gossip to kill the time .
    Take a look at what Zhang Jun would have scored if he were to be put into the same nonsensical speed test they used to qualify Tan Boon Heong with the Z-Slash into the Guiness World Records

Thanks to george@chongwei for the picture all the way from Malaysian Open 2012

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzzards View Post
    Take a look at what Zhang Jun would have scored if he were to be put into the same nonsensical speed test they used to qualify Tan Boon Heong with the Z-Slash into the Guiness World Records

Thanks to george@chongwei for the picture all the way from Malaysian Open 2012
    502Km/H ???!?!?!? O.O
    I think the Voltric Z-Force looks inbetween the Nanoray and Voltric

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want something like that at the GO!!! Damn. Why is Badminton such a 2nd-rate sport here?^^
    Anyhow, disagree with the kinetic energy stuff - what you can actually transfer to another object is IMPULSE. Which is just m*v, which explains why head-heavy rackets seem to be better for hard smashing than head light ones...otherwise, everyone would try build the lightest racket possible.
    Anyhow, this is not the point of the discussion, so let's ogle the pics. Those of the racket, of course

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@ j4ckie: Re impulse vs kinetic energy.

That's what i thought for the longest time, but there's been a few other discussion threads on this topic showing that for higher velocities, the laws of conservation of KE is more appropriate than momentum.

Anyways, KE is what Yonex themselves used in a chart somewhere re Z slash or perhaps re vt80, I can't recall exactly.
    Last edited by visor; 01-30-2012 at 04:24 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

IMPULSE is what you blame when you buy a racquet like a VT-ZF when you know you don't have the game to go with it. Or the muscle power.... ...speaking for myself, that is...

Anyways, I'm still leaning towards this racquet being relatively less head-heavy than the VT80. Time will tell if I'm right, I suppose...

Page 27 of 74 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast