User Tag List

Page 28 of 74 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    IMPULSE is what you blame when you buy a racquet like a VT-ZF when you know you don't have the game to go with it. Or the muscle power.... ...speaking for myself, that is...

Anyways, I'm still leaning towards this racquet being relatively less head-heavy than the VT80. Time will tell if I'm right, I suppose...
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...92#post1836892

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah, I had read that! But I still have this feeling...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    I want something like that at the GO!!! Damn. Why is Badminton such a 2nd-rate sport here?^^
    If you just watched the Tennis Australian Open you'll understand why Badminton IS a second rate sport. Compared to the Athletes at the top of the sport of Tennis the Badminton elite are an embarrassment.

Anyhow, disagree with the kinetic energy stuff - what you can actually transfer to another object is IMPULSE. Which is just m*v, which explains why head-heavy rackets seem to be better for hard smashing than head light ones...otherwise, everyone would try build the lightest racket possible.
    Your reasoning is goofy but, have it your way. Let's say it is momentum (let's call it M). So we have M=mv.

So your theory is that more momentum is imparted by the VT-ZF than the VT-80. So then looking at the tests where the two initial velocities are the same. How is there more momentum in the VT-ZF case? The velocity would have to be greater unless you are claiming that the VT-ZF has some magic that causes the shuttle to gain mass when it struck by the VT-ZF?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thunder.tw View Post
    Let's say it is momentum (let's call it M). So we have M=mv.

So your theory is that more momentum is imparted by the VT-ZF than the VT-80. So then looking at the tests where the two initial velocities are the same. How is there more momentum in the VT-ZF case? The velocity would have to be greater unless you are claiming that the VT-ZF has some magic that causes the shuttle to gain mass when it struck by the VT-ZF?
    You missed the discussion about the ZF being more head heavy than the VT80.

So based on your argument this would mean more mass for the ZF compared to the VT80 so more theoretical momentum. I'm guessing that the ZF would also have a more stable frame to effectively transfer the energy to the shuttle to impart the said momentum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzzards View Post
    You missed the discussion about the ZF being more head heavy than the VT80.

So based on your argument this would mean more mass for the ZF compared to the VT80 so more theoretical momentum. I'm guessing that the ZF would also have a more stable frame to effectively transfer the energy to the shuttle to impart the said momentum.
    Doesn't matter, head heavy, head light, or super massive. The characteristics of the racquet are irrelevant once the shuttle has left the string bed.

IF there was more momentum transferred to the shuttle then that can only manifest itself in one way, a higher velocity. If that was the case the initial velocity of the shuttle for the VT-ZF would have to me much greater than for the VT-80. It's not.

So there are only two possibilities

1. The initial velocity is being measured incorrectly (the racquet is still in contact with the shuttle at the point of measurement) or

2. The shuttle is deformed for a longer period by the VT-ZF so that it loses energy due to drag at a slower rate.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thunder.tw View Post
    2. The shuttle is deformed for a longer period by the VT-ZF so that it loses energy due to drag at a slower rate.
    I'm guessing this may be the case. Either way I do not plan to get the racquet when it comes out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anticipate for so long....goto http://www.yonex.co.jp/z/index.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hau23 View Post
    Anticipate for so long....goto http://www.yonex.co.jp/z/index.html
    19 KG weight for a racket...wow huh ?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't see for the life of me how two identical shuttles with the same initial velocity have different terminal velocities under identical conditions. Maybe what they're doing is firing a shuttle at a stationary racket at a given velocity, and they're counting THAT as the initial velocity?

Yonex' marketing department sure do have a big issue with reality

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    I can't see for the life of me how two identical shuttles with the same initial velocity have different terminal velocities under identical conditions. Maybe what they're doing is firing a shuttle at a stationary racket at a given velocity, and they're counting THAT as the initial velocity?

Yonex' marketing department sure do have a big issue with reality
    that's why it is called the Z-force. there is an invisible force field behind the shuttle...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well heck, why not come out with it and say "The Yonex Z-Force. It bends the fabric of space-time"

?

lolz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's for the sake of argument assume that the shuttlecock leaves the stringbed at the same speed. If one leaves and spins faster than the other, will it cause the shuttlecock to lose it's speed faster?Wild imagination. LOL

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zombiez View Post
    Let's for the sake of argument assume that the shuttlecock leaves the stringbed at the same speed. If one leaves and spins faster than the other, will it cause the shuttlecock to lose it's speed faster?Wild imagination. LOL
    It will, but that's dependant on how you hit the shuttle (if/in which direction you slice it) and not the racket. So, the only way this 'measurement' could be accurate is that the ZF deformes the shuttle more strongly so that it takes longer to return to it's original shape....which I find unlikely. In any case, it won't make a difference to any of us anyway

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklike Tier View Post
    Well heck, why not come out with it and say "The Yonex Z-Force. It bends the fabric of space-time"

?

lolz
    They already "have" - at the All England next month.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actally, the shuttles they tested disappeared shortly after leaving the racket, re-appearing about 50cm further. That's what threw Lin Dan off in the Korea Open, he was just unable to anticipate where the shuttle would re-appear. However, the used technology is too expensive for ordinary customers, so the sold racket will have a toned-down version of that incredible step forward in technology. While the shuttle will not disappear, the feathers will be frozen in time for a short while, which causes the difference in terminal velocity.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Yonex Z-Hadron Collider

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    Wrong thread...... •Delete post•
    Don't worry, this is the right thread to discuss about rackets. It's just some folks have decided to take a left turn to talk about theoretical physics and such.

Page 28 of 74 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast