User Tag List

Page 33 of 74 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

go back to question..why player put the weight at end of butt cap?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by riffsuad View Post
    I think he is making the butt cap wider to prevent his hand from slipping when he holds the handle at the very end.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you look carefully at Carsten Mogensen's racquet, you would notice that he uses towel grips, and he has a bulge or ridge at the butt cap to prevent his grip from sipping of the handle when he grips low to smash. He is not adding weight to the butt cap but is making the said ridge using athlete's tape as shown in the photo.

The tape adds considerable weight (probably 1 - 2 grams) but it is not like the significant weight that you're talking about.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes i know one of the reason to prevent from slipping... but the most important reason is what is said before. Name:  wps end plate1.jpg
Views: 2254
Size:  42.2 KBdo u notice about this new RSL 2012 EVOLUTION racket? feel free readthis thread. I just share u the truth, whether u take it or leave it. http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...evolution+2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I must agree with Blitzzards regarding Carsten's grip-slip prevention.

Obviously hinting on adding weight at the butt end meant altering an original racquet in general (It does make it heavier from end to end after the augmentation while the shaft has to auger at its original flex).

What you said first is really a query (you already had a preconceived answer but perhaps doubtful or just wanted to hammer or nail a point). Your intent really wasn't making a question (enquiry)...thus comes in the RSL advert.

Now the RSL advert is only applicable to their non-altered/non-customised original racquet spec.

P.S. The hammer comparison is quite different because the whole length of the handle does not flex in the same manner as the racquet shaft (only the vibration is much harsher).
    Last edited by King's; 02-20-2012 at 03:14 AM.

6. Likes Blitzzards liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i stick to my point, adding a little weight at butt cap will increase racket maneuverability.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adding weight on the handle will never increase maneuvrability. It's simple, absolutely basic mechanics - adding weight to something will not decrease the moment of inertia. It may change how the racket feels (slightly), but it'll only be a feeling and you won't be any quicker actually.
    You may increase control a bit as you're now handling a heavier racket, whereas the head weight hasn't changed - but that's personal preference and not applicable to everyone. This has also been discussed to death in other threads, with no definite result.

Back to topic, now

The ZF seems to be quite popular already - is it the next Yonex classic? Or just the next VT80 (hyped up at release, but abandonded quickly by many)?

9. Likes Blitzzards liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i stick to my point, adding a little weight at butt cap will increase racket maneuverability.
    You are missing the point here.

If you read carefully what you posted:

yes i know one of the reason to prevent from slipping... but the most important reason is what is said before.

do u notice about this new RSL 2012 EVOLUTION racket? feel free readthis thread. I just share u the truth, whether u take it or leave it. http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...evolution+2012
    You will notice the quote "improves manoeuvrability when gripping higher up the handle", which is exactly what I posted in the first place in reply to your hammer analogy.

Now the more important point is "changes the feel of the racket by altering the balance point". It is what King's mentioned when he said it makes the racquet feel slightly more flexible (my explanation is above, please read).

Moreover, simple physics logic will tell you that increased weight will not improve manoeuvrability of a racquet, as what I have explained (also in reply to your hammer analogy, please scroll up and read).

How scientifically correct is the RSL advertisement anyway? For instance when Yonex claimed that Tan Boon Heong clocked in a smash at 421km/h and entered that into the Guiness World records, Zhan Jun played around with the same technology and clocked in at 502km/h at the Yonex booth at Malaysia Open 2012.

Truth will only be available for those who search with intelligence and not for those who follow others blindly

11. Likes King's liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Adding weight on the handle will never increase maneuvrability. It's simple, absolutely basic mechanics - adding weight to something will not decrease the moment of inertia. It may change how the racket feels (slightly), but it'll only be a feeling and you won't be any quicker actually.
    You may increase control a bit as you're now handling a heavier racket, whereas the head weight hasn't changed - but that's personal preference and not applicable to everyone. This has also been discussed to death in other threads, with no definite result.

Back to topic, now

The ZF seems to be quite popular already - is it the next Yonex classic? Or just the next VT80 (hyped up at release, but abandonded quickly by many)?
    Seems there was more hype with the Z-Slash than it was with VT80. But yes, I wanted for ZF to be that good in my hands as opposed to what it is claimed for!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzzards View Post
    How scientifically correct is the RSL advertisement anyway? For instance when Yonex claimed that Tan Boon Heong clocked in a smash at 421km/h and entered that into the Guiness World records, Zhan Jun played around with the same technology and clocked in at 502km/h at the Yonex booth at Malaysia Open 2012.

Truth will only be available for those who search with intelligence and not for those who follow others blindly
    first u argued about my statement, then now argued about RSL advertisement..huuuuhhh.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good god. As if RSL employed any real engineers -.- Just because a racket company states something as a fact, it's not necessarily true. The adjustable butt cap is simply for comfort, not to actually gain speed by ADDING weight. THINK for once, and don't follow ads blindly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by j4ckie View Post
    Good god. As if RSL employed any real engineers -.- Just because a racket company states something as a fact, it's not necessarily true. The adjustable butt cap is simply for comfort, not to actually gain speed by ADDING weight. THINK for once, and don't follow ads blindly.
    did i mentioned increase speed or / and power?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

j4ckie, are you getting a GR or GP coded racquet at your end for the ZF?

Stands for, Zo Fun?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did i mentioned increase speed or / and power?
    Yes you did - maneuvrability is very nearly the same in this context. However, I could've written "...improve maneuvrability by adding weight.", it's still the same - maneuvrability is increased by
    -better aerodynamics reducing air resistance
    -lower weight (with same BP) reducing moment of inertia
    -lower BP (with same weight) reducing moment of inertia
    or a mix of the above. Lowering the BP by adding weight at the bottom will increase the overall weight and result in the same moment of inertia as before (looking just at the rotation around the handle, not the overall movement, where the m.o.i. will increase by adding weight).

If you seek a way to improve your speed, just warm up with a training/squash racket - if you get used to the higher weight, your forearm muscles will be more tense and your gripping action will be harder. You'll lose touch on the soft shots, though.

@King's: If I decided to get one, it would be a GR coded one - although I'm pretty sure that won't be soon, as I just stocked up on rackets which cost half what Yonex will charge for the ZF. And as I have no sponsor, money is a big motivator now that I break rackets occasionally

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Vtzf

http://www.yonexusa.com/images/badmi...splashpage.swf
    [flash]http://www.yonexusa.com/images/badminton/Yonex-Badminton-splashpage.swf[/flash]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:  1111.PNG
Views: 601
Size:  147.2 KB
    !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good physics teory, but i didnt say that, but u did turn my words upside down.

Page 33 of 74 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast