User Tag List

Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 22 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 LastLast
Results 1,208 to 1,224 of 1255
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Aryan:

The best and easiest way is for you to get a training racket, say 120-150g, and for sure you'll build up your forearm and shoulder muscles to handle the VZTF beast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought a VT-ZF yesterday and had it strung at 23lbs with BG66UM. No problems with the stickers here! Looks brand new still! The racket shop uses a Yonex string machine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wingu View Post
    I bought a VT-ZF yesterday and had it strung at 23lbs with BG66UM. No problems with the stickers here! Looks brand new still! The racket shop uses a Yonex string machine.
    You won't get the full potential with just 23 #s ... that's almost factory strung tension with the less expensive pre-strung racquets. You'd need at least 26 #s, to get some control especially at the net and drop-shots.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let the frame work, not the spring bed. 26lbs, depending on used string would be my minimum too.

One of my 2 ZF got a broken string.

advanced level, hard hitter, control/sound/durability is more important than power

NBG95 @ 29lbs maybe? Or does BG65 at 29lbs just do it too due to that given tension?

I love the expression on the faces when you smash and the shuttle vanishes for a moment till it hits the ground. It just didn't sounded that metallic, sharp and high pitched like my unfortunately broken NS9000 S. (sure a readjustment of the swing is needed, but it can be done)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sFrog View Post
    Let the frame work, not the spring bed. 26lbs, depending on used string would be my minimum too.

One of my 2 ZF got a broken string.

advanced level, hard hitter, control/sound/durability is more important than power

NBG95 @ 29lbs maybe? Or does BG65 at 29lbs just do it too due to that given tension?

I love the expression on the faces when you smash and the shuttle vanishes for a moment till it hits the ground. It just didn't sounded that metallic, sharp and high pitched like my unfortunately broken NS9000 S. (sure a readjustment of the swing is needed, but it can be done)
    Tried many different strings, and the ones with the best feel and pop are the thin ones, like Zymax 62, Maxima, and the latest BG80P which lasts the longest...tension and durability. My favourite tension has always been 26/28 #s.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for your input. I'll go for BG80P then, I hope my stringer's got that string. Never tried it. Maybe it's the damn right time now

€... but NBG99 looks delicious too... and I never tried it out. I'm not so tempted to cut the NBG95 on my other ZF now.
    Last edited by sFrog; 07-08-2012 at 04:39 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out of the VT-ZF and ZFLTD I would buy the limited one because I think that is coated in glossy and protective layer so it doesn't damage the stickers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chilli View Post
    You won't get the full potential with just 23 #s ... that's almost factory strung tension with the less expensive pre-strung racquets. You'd need at least 26 #s, to get some control especially at the net and drop-shots.
    Each to his own friend! I've always had around 22-23 on my rackets and am pretty pleased with it! Thanks for the tip though. About the glossy finish vs the mat finish, both versions have the same sticker so I wonder if it really matters.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wingu, do u mind sharing how much u paid for the vtzf ltd/vtzf in Japan? Was it a 4U or 3U? I'll be heading to Japan sometime next month, was thinking Bout getting few, I heard rumors saying that the vtzf ltd is out of production and amost sold off, any idea?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stan77 View Post
    Wingu, do u mind sharing how much u paid for the vtzf ltd/vtzf in Japan? Was it a 4U or 3U? I'll be heading to Japan sometime next month, was thinking Bout getting few, I heard rumors saying that the vtzf ltd is out of production and amost sold off, any idea?
    There's a chain called Racket Shop Fuji where I usually buy my badminton goods at. Most of the shops are in the Kanto area though. The shopkeepers are really good stringers as well.

From Friday the 6th until today, Sunday the 8th, they had a sale with 30% off (of the Recommended price by the makers) on everything. I paid about 17 000 yen and it's a 4UG5. Usually the racket costs 20150 yen I think, both LTD and the usual version.At the shops I usually go to they still had plenty of LTDs left.

Otherwise you can always order online on Rakuten. The normal edition on Rakuten goes for around 19 000 yen including shipping fee, while the LTD costs a bit over 20 000. I don't know about the LTD being out of production though. I bought LCWs and Hidayats Olympic uniforms (the tank top ones) and they're already sold out. Haven't showed up since on Rakuten. Might be the same for the ZF LTD as it is after all a limited edition. If you have any friends in Japan, you could always order online to get one before they're sold out.

The normal edition comes in 3UG4 / G5 and 4UG4 / G5 while the limited edition only exists (I asked the shopkeeper) in 4UG5.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wingu View Post
    There's a chain called Racket Shop Fuji where I usually buy my badminton goods at. Most of the shops are in the Kanto area though. The shopkeepers are really good stringers as well.

From Friday the 6th until today, Sunday the 8th, they had a sale with 30% off (of the Recommended price by the makers) on everything. I paid about 17 000 yen and it's a 4UG5. Usually the racket costs 20150 yen I think, both LTD and the usual version.At the shops I usually go to they still had plenty of LTDs left.

Otherwise you can always order online on Rakuten. The normal edition on Rakuten goes for around 19 000 yen including shipping fee, while the LTD costs a bit over 20 000. I don't know about the LTD being out of production though. I bought LCWs and Hidayats Olympic uniforms (the tank top ones) and they're already sold out. Haven't showed up since on Rakuten. Might be the same for the ZF LTD as it is after all a limited edition. If you have any friends in Japan, you could always order online to get one before they're sold out.

The normal edition comes in 3UG4 / G5 and 4UG4 / G5 while the limited edition only exists (I asked the shopkeeper) in 4UG5.

I agree with Wingu San

Yonex japan website (http://www.yonex.co.jp/products/badracquet/vtzf.html) put the suggested retail price of VTZF (green) at 25,200 Yen.

I purchased VTZF (green) through Rakuten online, at 25% discounted price of 18,900 Yen.
    I also purchased VTZF Ltd (gold) from the same seller in Rakuten at the same price of 18,900 Yen.
    The delivery package of EMS Japan would calculate the weight of 900 Gram / per box containing 1 (one) racket.

In addition, the JP code of VTZF Ltd (gold) only available in 4U / G5 specs, and there is no other specs.

If Windu paid 17,000 Yen for the VTZF, then he got the discounted price at the rate of 33%. Good bargain though.

IMHO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by clawhammers View Post
    I agree with Wingu San Yonex japan website (http://www.yonex.co.jp/products/badracquet/vtzf.html) put the suggested retail price of VTZF (green) at 25,200 Yen.I purchased VTZF (green) through Rakuten online, at 25% discounted price of 18,900 Yen.I also purchased VTZF Ltd (gold) from the same seller in Rakuten at the same price of 18,900 Yen.The delivery package of EMS Japan would calculate the weight of 900 Gram / per box containing 1 (one) racket.In addition, the JP code of VTZF Ltd (gold) only available in 4U / G5 specs, and there is no other specs.If Windu paid 17,000 Yen for the VTZF, then he got the discounted price at the rate of 33%. Good bargain though. IMHO
    I bought it for a little but more than 17 000. Can't remember the exact price but it was 30% of the recommended price. Should be noted though that Racket Shop Fuji's rackets do not come stringed. If you order online from raiuten they usually offer stringed ones, although the stings are usually not from Yonex or any of the other known makers. That bing said, after I got it stringed with a BG66UM, the price was about the same as if you would buy it from Rakuten. However, a good string and quality stringing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank u Wingu, great information, I'm afraid by the time I arrived Japan itll be sold out. About Rakuten, they r highly reliable and and do they do oversea delivery to Malaysia?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stan77 View Post
    Thank u Wingu, great information, I'm afraid by the time I arrived Japan itll be sold out. About Rakuten, they r highly reliable and and do they do oversea delivery to Malaysia?
    Rakuten is reliable. I've used it loads of times and never had a problem. If you are unsure you can always chose payment method. There's an option where you can chose to pay when delivered.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Wingu = available options concerning payment method only applicable to domestic sales.

Whilst for International sales order, the traders in Rakuten only accept credit card payments (visa or mastercard). Even paypal is also not acceptable for them.
    Last edited by clawhammers; 07-09-2012 at 10:55 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by clawhammers View Post
    @Wingu = available options concerning payment method only applicable to domestic sales.Whilst for International sales order, the traders in Rakuten only accept credit card payments (visa or mastercard). Even paypal is also not acceptable for them.
    Thanks for adding that. I forgot to

On another note, I got to try out the racket yesterday and I must say that I'm very impressed. Even though it's only a 4U, the speed of my smashes went up some compared to when I played with my VT70 and VT80. The racket feels lighter than expected and works very well at the net as well as in the backcourt. However, I did find there to be some timing issues as the head is smaller. But that's something one have to get used to.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 22 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 LastLast