Results 1 to 17 of 516
01-04-2012, 12:32 PM #1
2012 Korea Open SSP: Thu 05-Jan (Rounds of 16)
The 2012 Korea Open SSP Rounds of 16 matches.
Surprise, surprise !!! Chen Long won't be here.
* For Schedule of Matches:
* For Time in Korea;
* For Live Streaming, perhaps BCers from different countries can post the links that are working for their regions. Different countries sometimes cannot use the same links. So far these links are showing OK:
* For our BC PAW Game, Sandy has posted:
01-04-2012, 12:46 PM #2
Yesterday, I PAWed 20 entries, but scored only 10 correct. Still happy - because that's my usual results: Half right, half wrong.
Today, I will pick these players (who are giving reasonable/PAWable scoring points) to win;
* Cheng Shao Chieh (TPE)
* Ratchanok Inthanon (THA)
* Li Xuerui (CHN)
* Wang Zhengming (CHN)
01-04-2012, 04:29 PM #3
Singles matches I am looking forward to:
• MS - CJ v JOJ. JOJ could do PG a huge favour by knocking CJ out. I call this a 50/50 match
• MS - LD v LHI. So many possible permutations with the outcome. KOR's best hope for MS glory could use some "help"
• MS - WZM v SS. The third piece of the LYB puzzle lies in this match. SS has the edge and a win by him would mean keeping LD involved in the tournament.
• WS - Saina v CSC. 2 of the top non-CHN contenders. I saw CSC labouring a little against bouncy Sayaka yesterday while Saina breezed past an injured Egelstaff. I think the fresher Saina will edge it.
• WS - Tine v LXR. LXR had to fight tooth and nail to eliminate young Carolina Marin. Tine dismantled a disappointing Michelle Li. Tine in a close one.
• WS - Yippy v WSX. This will be Yippy's best chance to scalp WSX, who, must be said, is showing vulnerability. The key for Yippy is patience. However I think WSX will have just enough to hold her off.
Last but not least...
WYH v HHY. Auntie YJ has woken the tigress up and I think she will devour poor HHY whole. HHY won't be able to outrun or outpower WYH, so just enjoy the match. All in all, a good tournament for HY.
01-04-2012, 04:56 PM #4
01-04-2012, 05:04 PM #5
You have more faith in HHY's ability than me (bad me! ). If Aunty YJ hadn't woken WYH up, it would be a closer match.
As for JOJ, he is one of these guys that win "ugly", but nonetheless, wins. He has good mental strength and knows how to win. I think he has played quite well recently and wouldn't be surprised if he picked up a result.
01-04-2012, 05:44 PM #6
Haha... we all know HHY, she wants to play badminton and I think she loves badminton. . All the best for her today. And yeah, I recalled watching JOJ match and find his attitude is good. Like you said, he is quite confident with his ability, which I rarely find with Indonesian player lately.
Sometimes I watched old clips while having lunch and really miss those 'spirit' from Ina players. I mean, we can't win every match but sure we can fight in every match.
bal-bal liked this post
01-04-2012, 06:40 PM #7
LCW Vs SWH will a good match to watch.................
01-04-2012, 07:29 PM #8
The 1st round of the Victor Korea Open 2012 saw some upsets and ‘retirements’.
Chen Long retired in the 1st game, 15-20, in his match against Hsu Jen Hao and Ajay Jayaram against Wan Ho Shon with both hardly lifting their rackets.
Lin Dan was stretched 21-18, 20-22, 21-10 by Pablo Abian.
Peter Gade, Taufik Hidayat and Wang Xin were shown the exits by lesser-ranked rivals and so also the top seeded XD pairing of Zhang Nan/Zhao Yunlei who were whipped in 2 games by Chris Adcock/Imogen Bankier 21-19, 21-16.
Nguyen Tien Minh has seen better days and bows out quite regularly in earlier rounds and this time to Kenichi Tago in 3 games 19-21 21-10 21-9. The same situation applies to Pi Honyan.
Porntip B was a surprise loser to Gu Juan in 3 games.
01-04-2012, 08:13 PM #9
In our PAW Game thread, we have many PAWers picking Wang Zhengming to win. Let's see if he can defeat the No.6 seed, Sho Sasaki.
01-04-2012, 08:38 PM #10
Dokkie liked this post
01-04-2012, 09:03 PM #11
11 am in Korea now but livescore still blank...
01-04-2012, 09:07 PM #12
I vote for LHI to defeat LD..
aril79 liked this post
01-04-2012, 09:10 PM #13
01-04-2012, 09:11 PM #14
Looks like Koo/Tan have modified their game a little. Much flatter and taking the offensive initiative. 11-4
01-04-2012, 09:12 PM #15
suddenly start and the score 10-4 to KKK/TBH
01-04-2012, 09:12 PM #16
Koo / Tan save 1st game interval 13 - 4, now
On the other court wang xiao li / Yu yang still warming up with India WD
01-04-2012, 09:14 PM #17
Can't believe how ordinary Fang/Lee have become since sensationally bursting on the scene 2 years ago. Everyone is beating them these days. Koo/Tan 15-5
By chris-ccc in forum Korea Open / Malaysia Open 2012Replies: 188: 02-27-2012, 12:17 PM
By miksss in forum Korea Open / Malaysia Open 2012Replies: 9: 01-06-2012, 05:09 PM
By chris-ccc in forum Korea Open 2008Replies: 59: 01-22-2008, 09:44 PM
By hcyong in forum Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2007Replies: 71: 02-08-2007, 03:50 AM
By event in forum Korea Open / Hong Kong Open 2006Replies: 16: 08-24-2006, 08:33 PM