User Tag List

Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Racket Recomendation

    I am looking to upgrade up to a better racket.

    I play 3-4 times a week, and very serious to develop as a badminton player.
    All around type of player; clear’s, drops, precision shots, smashes
    I want a Performance type racket.
    I am willing to spend anything.
    I also play a combination of singles and doubles.

    Also, I was looking at the ArcSaber 10? Any suggestions.

    Thanks,

    -baddymania

  2. #2
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,216
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Arc 10 is a good start. Its a good all rounder for both singles and doubles.

    What are you using currently?

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Arc 10 is a good start. Its a good all rounder for both singles and doubles.

    What are you using currently?
    I am currently using a Nanospeed 300, newly restring, but I feel I am not getting enough power. But my starter is a racket I picked up at school, I beleive it is 360 athletics.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Asia
    Posts
    3,954
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Have you tried Arc 10 before? it is a good all rounder racket...Just like Visor said..

  5. #5
    Regular Member ucantseeme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Germany, Northrhine Westfalia
    Posts
    871
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    You are damn funny.Name:  clown.gif
Views: 421
Size:  178 Bytes 2 threads in under 60 minutes about the same racket. In one thread you wrote you play 1-2 times per week, in this thread 3-4 times per week.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,474
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ucantseeme View Post
    You are damn funny.Name:  clown.gif
Views: 421
Size:  178 Bytes 2 threads in under 60 minutes about the same racket. In one thread you wrote you play 1-2 times per week, in this thread 3-4 times per week.
    You know what else is funny? He signs it as baddymania instead of baddytime. Hmmm.....

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,857
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Geez, give the newbie a break guys!

    baddytime, what other rackets have you used? Do you like the Nanospeed you have? It is likely lighter in head than an Arc 10, so there will be an adjustment. It's cool that you have unlimited funds to buy , but nothing beats trying out lots and lots of friends' rackets to get a really good idea of what you want. Good Luck!

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,474
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I think baddytime = baddymania. Probably forgot his password or something. But as Fidget says...best to try out a friends racket if possible.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have always been interested in the Arc 10, but have never tried it. From players with experience with it, they say they love it. But would it take a long time to get used to? Does this racket suit my style of play?

    Also with my Nanospeed 300, I like the racket, but I feel I am not getting enough power on my smashes, but my drop shots and clears, are great. Like I said before, I predominanltly play singles, but do play a fair amount of doubles. Just to clarify, this racket is good for both doubles and sinlges?

  10. #10
    Regular Member ucantseeme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Germany, Northrhine Westfalia
    Posts
    871
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Give the ARC10 a try. If it doesn't suit you the resale value and request is very good, so you can sell it without much loss.

    The Nanospeed 300 is an entry level racket. Max. Tension 22lbs, midflex and even.
    If you want to enjoy high tension above 24lbs with warranty you should not stay with Yonex.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ucantseeme View Post
    Give the ARC10 a try. If it doesn't suit you the resale value and request is very good, so you can sell it without much loss.

    The Nanospeed 300 is an entry level racket. Max. Tension 22lbs, midflex and even.
    If you want to enjoy high tension above 24lbs with warranty you should not stay with Yonex.
    What is the max tension of the Arc 10? And is that tension good enough to play with. Any other suggestions on rackets that you can let me know of.

  12. #12
    Regular Member ucantseeme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Germany, Northrhine Westfalia
    Posts
    871
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baddytime View Post
    What is the max tension of the Arc 10? And is that tension good enough to play with. Any other suggestions on rackets that you can let me know of.
    If the stringer do it with Yonex pattern and 4 knots:
    With warranty from Yonex: 24lbs
    With a really good stringer without warranty: 30lbs and a bit above
    With bad stringer and without warranty and a broken racket: 25lbs


    24lbs can be a decent tension, too high tension or too low tension. Depends on the players technique and strength, string and liking.
    Some people here wrote that there is a LN very close to the Arc10. This can take 30lbs with warranty.
    Last edited by ucantseeme; 01-05-2012 at 02:15 PM.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yeah my Li Ning N55 is similar but is slightly more head heavy and a bit more flexible = a bit more power, not sacrificing anything else, its also red and looks great! (not that looks matter :P)

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ucantseeme View Post
    If the stringer do it with Yonex pattern and 4 knots:
    With warranty from Yonex: 24lbs
    With a really good stringer without warranty: 30lbs and a bit above
    With bad stringer and without warranty and a broken racket: 25lbs


    24lbs can be a decent tension, too high tension or too low tension. Depends on the players technique and strength, string and liking.
    Some people here wrote that there is a LN very close to the Arc10. This can take 30lbs with warranty.
    Would it be safe to say 28 - 29lbs, with a really good stringer? How much can I expect the tension to drop in a month. Will 28-29lbs be good?

    My technique is above par, but nothing special, and I have heard that the Arcsaber 10's potential is truly maximized when the tension is above 25lbs. Is this true?

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,857
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    A racket has no "potential" except as a system with your arm.
    Don't jump 8 or 10lb up from your regular tension and expect a terrific smash. However, experimenting with different tensions might be very instructive in finding what suits you with that racket. As long as you can afford it, the process can be fun.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    29
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Any other rackets anyone can suggest that would be good for both singles and doubles, and where I can get more power?

Similar Threads

  1. Need Recomendation For Racket..
    By DannyMorello in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 5
    : 07-04-2010, 08:38 PM
  2. I Need Recomendation For New Racket
    By maharo in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 6
    : 06-16-2009, 11:37 PM
  3. pro-ace racket recomendation
    By kjkam in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 1
    : 09-09-2008, 01:51 AM
  4. Racket recomendation
    By Burger_King in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 14
    : 07-03-2007, 10:00 AM
  5. racket recomendation.
    By Burger_King in forum Racket Recommendation / Comparison
    Replies: 10
    : 06-02-2007, 03:46 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •