User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems that i have not found any professional stringer in Kuala Lumpur wanting to do the job.
    I thought the one i sent to was one of the best, clearly was mistaken.
    Calling out to any professional stringers at BC residing in KL?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AzrinRain View Post
    @awekuda, i love the feel of the Ultimax, especially at high tensions.
    Going to be hard for me to change to another string. What is your setup like? Have you experienced Maxima as well before?
    i strung bg66um @25lbs ECP..never try maxima also....now i'm using BG85 and happy with it. actually i never broke any string others than vertical line in the middle.. even bg66 but with smaller diameter string such as zymax62 and gosen R4X 100 always broke @ the side of the frame .. thinner string not for me i guess ..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think when the fraying starts to worsen you should cut them it might break your racket if the strings break

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is pointless to string BG66UM at high tension. 1st it wont last. 2nd when it loses tension, it becomes an ultimate dead fish. The pros wont know that as they string new for every match. So if i were to rate it without due consideration of it's durability and retention, it certainly at the pinnacle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by istringforyou View Post
    It is pointless to string BG66UM at high tension. 1st it wont last. 2nd when it loses tension, it becomes an ultimate dead fish. The pros wont know that as they string new for every match. So if i were to rate it without due consideration of it's durability and retention, it certainly at the pinnacle.
    What would your string recommendation be for someone like me, who plays 30lbs and likes to maintain the characteristics of BG66UM?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AzrinRain View Post
    What would your string recommendation be for someone like me, who plays 30lbs and likes to maintain the characteristics of BG66UM?
    I second that. Need to know this too, altho I play lower at 28-ish Ultimax. And I couldnt play with BG80, even at 24-26lbs, if let say BG80 is one of the alternative.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm... I cannot said it is 100% ... but there is a good reason to bring it back to the stringer to verify. Some string do cut the gromet and cause breakage in the surface during stringing. Check with the stringer will be a good start. As a stringer myself I normally check any surface damage prior to return the racket to the owner, and if I spoted anything like that I will first notify the owner and discuss the best option

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mizivincible View Post
    I second that. Need to know this too, altho I play lower at 28-ish Ultimax. And I couldnt play with BG80, even at 24-26lbs, if let say BG80 is one of the alternative.
    I personally play ard 28LB say for BG80, NBG98, VS850, BG85 and other similar strings. But i find at 26LB, BG66UM plays as well as the above at 28LB and more forgiving due to a little more bounciness. So it depends on the reasons why you like BG80 at 30LB.

I feel that a <=28LB BG66UM will have the same properties as a 30LB BG80. But if you like the hardness of BG80 at 30LB, then BG66UM will probably be hard to satisfy u. So different strings work differently. And racket stiffness is a factor too. So you have to try it out yourself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2