Need help with racket choice

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by r1z1a, Jan 6, 2012.

1. r1z1a

r1z1a Regular Member

Hi i have recently broken my Carbonex-30M.

and now i need to get a new racket .

i have looked around and found few i like the sound of

Victor Super Inside Wave 32

Li-Ning N77-II

Ashaway Superligh 99SQ

But im not limited to just these choices, so i would like some input for people to help me out.

I prefer lighter rackets, and as my CAB30 was head light and long shaft im kind of used to that, but always open to learning to play with something different

Thanks in advance

2. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Are you mainly playing in Doubles?
    If yes, please try Yonex Nanospeed 9900, it is a light & fast racket, defense well & pack a punch too...
    If you do play single, then you could try Arc 7...

3. r1z1a

r1z1a Regular Member

Thank you i have thought about getting NS9900 but its just quite a lot more expensive than the others, same for Arc7, just because they are Yonex

I do mainly play doubles, and sometimes singles

If i get a chance to test Arc7 i will give it a try, i hav tried NS9900 and enjoyed playing with it but it is two times the price of the Victor or Ashaway so it might be difficult to get one.

4. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    If you don't mind, since you enjoy playing with NS9900, you might consider buy 2nd hand NS9900, it will be cheaper than a brand new..

Victor BS series worth a try too..the price would be cheaper than NS9900 but not much, at least it is in my area.

5. r1z1a

r1z1a Regular Member

Also what do people think about Carlton Razor V1.1, its same price range as NS9900 and Arc7, but the stringing is really weird on it, but also it isn't massive head like the NS9900.

6. r1z1a

r1z1a Regular Member

Which one of the BS series, as far as i have read 10 and 11 are very similar, but have not heard much about others.

7. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    As i have only played with BS10 & BS11, i suggest you try those..

8. visor

visor Regular Member

out of all the bs series, bs10 would be the most similar to ns9900

you may also want to consider the mx80, much stiffer and faster and more powerful than both

9. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    You are in Switzerland, so you can get the BS10 for 90€ plus 10€ for shipping from germany. Give it a try. It's a good offer and worthy. :) Go for it.
    SW32 is at 85€ but not the best choice.

10. r1z1a

r1z1a Regular Member

yeah i think i will probably get that, and maybe few other things so then i might not need to pay postage.(i just hope they can let me put on like 24/26lb or 23/25lb tenssion. but they have it in kilos:confused:, and most places u can only choose up to 12kg, which is confusing, unless its not a 2:1 ratio.(which it probly isnt so 12kg might be 25-26lb which will be good)

(tho would need to find somewhere to send it in germany as postage to Switzerland will be like 30 euros, plus ill have to pay the customs fee which is like another 25, and i would only get 20% or racket price back, which only is 18euro, so i better find someone at work who is willing to let me send it to their address :D )