looking for a place to play near soongsil university

Discussion in 'Japan / Korea' started by robby, Jan 6, 2012.

1. robby

robby New Member

student
    I will be in seoul from Jan 11 to the end of april 2012. I will be living about a block away from Soongsil university, Sando-dong.
    Any recommendations? I would like to join a club, a team or have someone to play with as I don't know any badminton player in seoul.
    Thanks for any help,

Rob

2. robby

robby New Member

student
    Can I also add: if anyone knows where I can get authentic yonex badminton raquet? I am thinking of not bringing my raquet, just buy one there. Is it a good idea? Do you know the price of of the voltric and/or nanoray series (not sure which one to get), I currently play with the old nanospeed 7000, absolutely love it.

3. event

event Regular Member

Well, you can look here for prices. Badminton Mart is one of Korea's bigger online badminton shops. I've never noticed a big difference between online prices and those in the physical shops. There are pro shops in or in front of various badminton gyms and there are some Yonex showrooms in the country, one in Seoul and one in Suwon, for example.

Soongshil is very near SNU, so you can check out the group here. You can also check out the clubs I mentioned here. The ones in Yeongdeungpo Middle and High School are very close to you. Actually, even closer is #15 on this list, which I posted to the other thread. That club plays at Sadang Middle School, just to the southeast of Soongshil U. #14 is also close, at Gooksabong M.S. #11 is likely the closest. It's at Sanghyeon M.S., just across the street from your uni. #6 is just a little farther, at Gangnam Elementary School, just north of your uni.

All of the ones I mention seem to play in the evenings. Hope that helps.

#3 event, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  4. event

event Regular Member

Hi Robby.

Did you have any luck finding a place to play? I might be heading up there soon to play a little.