Victor Super Waves 30 (SW30) anyone?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by icecoldcoke, Jan 8, 2012.

1. icecoldcoke

icecoldcoke Regular Member

2. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

It looks like a Babolat X-Feel. :rolleyes:

Why o' why has Victor had this hemorrhage of new products in the last 2-3 years? Many of the models are excellent. But they deserve a longer honeymoon with the consumer. That's how classics are born. People who would might be loyal fans feel jilted if their beloved 1 year old Victor quickly becomes "old" in a cataract of new products. To my mind they are marketing to the wrong human weakness ("new and shiny" vs. "prestigious status symbol").

Sorry. Didn't mean to hijack your thread. Onwards and upwards with SW30! :)

3. awekuda

awekuda Regular Member

Pemukul Bulu
    you should read the description on the victor page :D.. its said 2012 model.. yet to be release to asian market..

4. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I agree. It's very bad marketing. There were a lot good Victor rackets, like the SW35 which could improved due better paint, different paintjob and as Collector's edition.
    This new one, new one and new one speaks for bad marketing and there ar much unnoticed models.
    Their releases look like trial and error method.
    They made the bumblebees, they made the spiras which didn't find their place in the market.
    Victor is too boostful and quick for the customers.
    It would be nice if they would give the rackets 3-4 years time to grow in the market, become a classic and find their way to the players.
    I'm a bit disappointed in terms of their marketing. I think Yonex do a better job with their models.
    I think I will skip all this new ones. I'm happy with the SW35, but the paint durability is bad, which could be improved. I love the BS10 for doubles and the MX80 can be a good racket which is the best of both worlds.
    Victor should make more smart moves than flooding the market.

5. alana07

alana07 Regular Member

looks like Ha Jung Eun has already started using this racket at the just concluded Korea Open 2012.

6. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I will be getting the SW30 as soon as it is released, hopefully that will be soon:)

I know that it is 4/5 for both stiffness and HH, but I can't quite remember the SW35 stats, I know it's 5/5 for stiffness, but can't remember if it's 5/5 for HH or 4/5.

Looking forward to receiving it:)

7. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

What a dull racket - did KOR run out of blue and red paint? Also, G2 grip??? I'm not Robert Wadlow!

IMO Victor should make the SW35 until the factory is liquified by quantum tunneling, never mind these middle-of-the-road "compromise" rackets:p.

8. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I've never had a problem with the paint on my SW35's. I am known to throw my rackets about the place, and still have never faced much problems in the way of paint coming off, the only time I had paint come off is when I hit the net post when killing the shuttle, not even the racket falling out my hands, while performing a all out smash did any damage to the frame, let alone the paint.

Maybe you got a bad batch?

I don't seem to notice too much of a difference between G2&3, infact I wouldn't mind the G2 to be even thinner!

And yes they should just make 1000 SW35, and just send them in a couple of crates to my house:)

9. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

That's high praise from a head-light racket guy! The SW35 is indeed a nice racket and the paint does indeed seem fine. Of course, the brighter and fancier the design, the more a chip shows.
    (BTW, am I the only chump who wasted 30 seconds Googling Robert Wadlow?)

10. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

BY g2, are you referring to the the yonex sizing?

most of the victor rackets I see in HK are g2. victor g2 is around the same as yonex g4/5

11. radmaszeal

radmaszeal Regular Member

engineer
    SW35 is even balanced (3/5) according to victor website.

btw if check victor website, there is a new racket. meteor x 2012 london.

all the new rackets are 4/5 stiffness and 4/5 HH, SW30, BSLYD, meteor x 2012. hmmmmmmm

12. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Is the Victor grip nomenclature upside-down with respect to Yonex? If so - whoops:D. If Victor uses the Li Ning system, then G2 is pretty much bang on (but, like LD, Yonex G5 could be another 1/8 thinner for me).

I'm backsliding lately - up to 288 with my N50 and trying a 299 prototype shortly - pray for me! Despite my reluctance to play with baseball bats like the SW35, I can certainly appreciate that it's the best example of its kind. Who knows, if I can lose 10-15 pounds and start playing singles regularly again...

13. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    JD520059.jpg

I don't think that's a bad batch. My cone is so chipped through adding towelgrips and removing, so the paint sticked on the glue. But I still love this racket. I have no problems with the head and shaft it's only the cone problem. I compared the quality to the improved paint quality of my MX80s and my BS10s (2. gen) where never a chip at this area came off.

14. ucantseeme

Z-Force II
    Never ever is the SW35 in terms of balance a 3/5 in real world. My 4 SW35 have all a slightly higher to same balance point like my MX80s (4/5) and 8 mm under the balance point of my BS10s (2nd Gen) which are 3/5. Correctly it must be 4/5. Maybe it differ because of different region. My Victor rackets are all DE coded.

15. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Yes, maybe a YY G6 would be best for both of us, but too hard to come by.:(

Your towel grip looks thin, is it victor one?

I grip my rackets like that aswell, and i have no problems, the paint doesnt peel of like yours does and it's DE code too:) anyway if you always grip your rackets like that, then there is no problem.:)

I actually think its between 3 and 4 out of 5, still the SW30 will be an interesting prospect:) maybe a SW39 featuring a 5/5 HH and 5/5 S chart would be exciting:)

16. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Can't you guys keep the SW35 bashing and love-fest to the Sw35 thread. This thread is solely for a racket that's not even released yet, and me personally would like to see some in depth analysis and discussion to this fine racket that nobody has played with....especially some feisty comments on its looks from people with no taste.

17. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

No. We can't.:p

I will get it as soon as its released:p in fact I will try and get it beforehand:p and I dont mind how it looks, it looks quite nice to me:)

18. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Haha!

I agree actually - I think the 30 looks really good. As do all the new Victors. :D

I was almost going to agree with an earlier poster that said the Victor range is getting too messy and rackets weren't given enough time to be 'classics'......but then I looked over at the LiNing range :rolleyes:

19. ucantseeme

Z-Force II

It was just a comparison, my experience and venture between SW35 to the new one (SW30) in terms of paint and balance. Don't be so sensitive.

20. icecoldcoke

icecoldcoke Regular Member

Well, its true that the sw30 is not released so not much can be talked about it except it's awesome design:)