'Injury' that destroyed Malaysia Badminton Players' Career

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by ngkt67, Jan 8, 2012.

1. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

Haven't you all noticed that some MAS boys, girls, men and women players once got injury and have to take medical leave for long time period. After they recovered, they then unable to perform well in any tournaments which they supposingly play in top form before they got injured.

Here's are the MAS players that got injuries and thus had destroyed their career:

Wong Choong Hann - Suppose to be the reliable MS for MAS (along with Datuk Lee Chong Wei), but his fate turned in cliffhanger as he got injured during Thomas Cup Finals 2006 QF against South Korea's Park Sung Hwan. Recovered in 4th quarter of 2007, only unable to play in best form just like he played during 2000-2006. Therefore he decided to quit BAM and turn as independent player under Dunlop Sponsorship.

Julia Wong - Injured during match against Hong Kong in Sudirman Cup 2009. It takes more than a year to recover but unfortunately she have to retired from MAS squad but join KLRC to continue her career.

Wong Mew Choo - Injured possibly during 2009 (when the rising of Saina Nelwal, Tine Baun and some Thai ws players. She then no choice but to retire from badminton in order not to rise more heavy injury that burden her. She's maybe currently coaching MAS ws junior squad.

Wong Pei Thy - She played in very top form with her partner Chin Ee Hui (gaining under top 5 ranking), even CHN's Yu Yang/Du Jing (that time was World No.1) were struggling against them. Until Wong got injured from unknown situation, and she soon deform throughout they years till today. Might retired with Ee Hui after OG 2012.

There are more players unmentioned that got injuries through the years. And here's are the players that currently and still recovering from injuries (hope they get well and recover soon and faster):

1. Hoon Thien How (body weight injury?!)
    2. Teo Kok Siang (Knee injury)
    3. Chooi Kah Ming (somewhere around leg injury)
    4. Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong (Mental injury)

2. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Lee Wan Wah who had 2 knee surgeries.
    Chooi had knee surgery

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    It happens to other players as well. Puella Gopichand is a good example and eventually retired.

4. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

lol..............

5. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Life is short

6. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

just like i said, Koo/Tan truly having MENTAL INJURY all along...how sad...
    and they also having "KOREANPHOBIA", worse than "KIMJONGILIA"...!!

7. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

right now Sonia Cheah is the current player under injury, need to recover till next year.
    who else MAS player still under injury prone?

8. tcgien

tcgien Regular Member

mental injury... haha

9. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    its tough mentally to return after injury....

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it is not just MAS players. and there is also LCW who came back from shoulder injury and came back to play the Olympics in a few months at exactly the same level as he achieved 4 years before.

(lol on KKK/TBH's "mental injury", that seems to be permanent... ;) )

11. visor

visor Regular Member

Dang... with so many injuries, who said sports is good for your health...
    and it seems like kinesio tape is being used more often now.

Lol at mental injury... :D

12. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    rash poop another cause of injuries. that's over now thank fully.

ps. pls see my post in the injury thread. outdated badminton training regimes need to be relooked into.

13. lung5488

lung5488 Regular Member

cant stop laughing at kkk/tbh's mental injury!

14. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Had to lol at 'bodyweight injury' and 'mental injury' :D That HTH is fat is his own fault, personally I don't understand how he's still part of the squad....these guys are professional athletes. They don't all have to be in LCW's unbelievable shape, but as a professional athlete you can't really afford to carry around a gut that wouldn't look misplaced on a mid-40s American with a desk job and a unhealthy attraction to fatty fast foods.
    Same goes for Kido, btw, but at least he's not carried by a national association which conveniently overlooks that big big room for improvement.

Personally I think WCH was incredibly unlucky. A ruptured Achilles tendon can in fact hamper you permanently, and such injuries may occur spontaneously without any warning signs. If he did show warning signs, however, fielding him in that competition would have been completely irresponsible. Still, I respect him for coming back from that kind of horrifying injury. Many people are unable to recover from those kind of things and rather quite their sport in his circumstances.

15. gemini12

gemini12 Regular Member

Lyddia, Soniia Sister is now undergoing treatment on the shoulder,arm and ankles due to over training and overuse. She quitted national team under the advice of doctors as worried about overtraining will make her injury worse and she wont be able to progress under such condition. She is now under rehab and hopes to recover fully before resume her own training

16. vixter

vixter Regular Member

Any news on Soniia recovery? I hope to see her return this year.

17. blabl

blabl Regular Member

As a Korean I must say that I am so shocked to read about the injuries of the Malaysian players. Gosh so many players are injured. So how will they play on? I heard that recently goh v shem had a very serious injury on his right knee and it seems that his right knee has a thinning cartilage too. Then his left knee is also swollen and badly injured now. No offense here but I was just wondering why goh v shem is still playing in tournaments if his knee is injured? Isn't it dangerous? I also know that an athlete can be crippled for the rest of his life if he does not get a proper treatment for their knee injury. Anyway anybody here knows when goh v shem is going for his knee surgery? The knee injury has hampered his movements at the court.

Then I also heard that tee jing Yi is also having a serious thigh injury. When is she going for her thigh surgery? Then I heard that goh Liu Ying just returned to play after her knee surgery. I heard that due to goh v shem serious knee injury, he seldom have the opportunity to train with tan wee kiong before tournaments. Wow with so much of injuries on the Malaysian player side how can they perform well and win in tournaments. I heard Chong Wei Feng is injured too. He has been skipping a couple of tournaments. Anybody knows why so many Malaysian badminton players are injured?

18. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    [TABLE="class: ruler matches"]
    [TR="bgcolor: transparent"]
    [TD="align: right"][TABLE]
    [TD="align: right"]Soniia Su Ya CHEAH[/TD]
    [TD][​IMG][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [TD="align: center"]-[/TD]
    [TD][TABLE]
    [TD][​IMG][/TD]
    [TD]Anna MIKHALKOVA[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [/TD]
    [TD]21-11 21-15[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

If you are talking about this girl, then you can see her in Polish open which is currently active now. The link for the tournament is
    below.

http://bwf.tournamentsoftware.com/sport/matches.aspx?id=E9D68642-0350-4BFD-A608-DA7415D88278

19. event

event Regular Member

I think there's a long list of career-ending injuries in any national programme. In Korea, one of the youngest was Jeon Jun Beom, one of Yoo Yeon Seong's earliest partners. Also, Jun Jae Yeon, Hwang Yu Mi, Kim Min Seo, Park Sung Hwan. Hwang Hye Youn was laid up with her leg in a cast when Sung Ji Hyun and Bae Yeon Ju reached consecutive Superseries finals in January 2010 and that was the end of her dreams of going to the Olympics.