Balance/stiffness: MX80 vs MX70 vs BS10

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Nauroa, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Nauroa

Nauroa Regular Member

IT Geek
    Hey Victor fans and others.

I own a MX70 and a BS10 and have my eye on the MX80 but I have some question about the MX80, and since I can't try one before a buy I have to rely on your experience.

The MX70 is about as head heavy as I can handle/like. Is MX80 more head heavy than the MX70 or is it just stiffer?

The BS10 is about as stiff as I can handle/like. Is the MX80 stiffer than the BS10 or just more head heavy?

Thanks. :)

2. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I haven't tried the BS10 so I cant be entirely accurate, also it depends which code you have for BS10 as to what stiffness it is...

AFAIK, MX70&MX80 are the same head heaviness
    As far as Ive read, MX80 is stiffer than BS10...

3. visor

visor Regular Member

I have both mx80 and mx70. Former is 85.4g naked, and latter exactly 2g heavier at 87.4g. Both bp exactly same naked at 291mm. Mx80 is the stiffest of all rackets I've tried for sure. In terms of head heaviness, don't just look at bp, but more importantly the weight of the head frame.

If you think, you can't handle more than a certain head wt of the mx70, then you should bring a digital scale to the store when you pick your mx80, to make sure you get a weight you can handle. Just a simple 3u designation is not good enough as a 5g difference is very significant in terms of swing wt and speed and power.

4. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

i'd say the MX80 is very similar to your BS10. eventhough its slightly heavier head (299mm instead of 297mm bps strung & grippped) in terms of power and stiffness it feels the same. The MX80 is more accurate though the BS10 is slightly easier to use.

However, I think the MX80 is more repulsive so it feels like your shuttle contact time is shorter definitely due to the 80-hole system.

5. bigpanda

bigpanda Regular Member

Hi visor,

Do u recommend buy X70 and go for a try before buying X80? coz they are not much differ, not different in stiffness.

6. visor

visor Regular Member

huge difference in stiffnes... mx80 has one of the stiffest shafts around

probably the only reason why it can still generate enough power is due to its aerodynamic octagonal frame cross section... its unusually very fast for its bp and wt

not many people will like extra stiff rackets, because it requires excellent timing and can be hard on the joints, but the payoff is the incredible accuracy and feel that is appreciated by a more tactical player