Kason Twister C7 Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by wana2125, Jan 9, 2012.

1. wana2125

wana2125 Regular Member

military man
    hi evrbdy, im looking to buy this racket, anybdy who hv this racket plz let me know about this racket, i hv done survey in this forum but not much info i get from it, what i know is just this racket is head heavy and stiff, can anybody compared (similar feeling) to other brand like Yonex and Li ning, thanks for any input:)

2. wana2125

wana2125 Regular Member

military man
    im now using Yonex AT900P and Lining N55ii, both racket suit my playstyle, i like an aggresive and offensive action, for me At900P give me more power on smashing, N55ii slighty less power on smashing,

3. paulierand

paulierand Regular Member

I bought the Kason Twister F9. I'll give you my review here. I think the C7 would be a great buy, you should get it.

I've only had 9 hours of court time with the F9. My previous/other racket is a Panda Power Ultra 2.
    The first thing i noticed about the F9 is that it's very light and it's not head heavy. It's balanced.
    It's strung with yonex bg 95 at 27lbs. I think the string is very bouncy compared to the bg65, bg 80, or zymax 70 i've tried before. The racket has a lot of vibrations at the net and also in general. I'm hoping that changing strings will change that.

Smashes and drives are absolutely awesome with it. Last night when i smashed with it i swore they sounded like gun shots (but i know they're tiny ones). Although the shaft is flexible, and I'm used to stiff, it still smashed very well and accurate. It makes a monstrous sound, like a pop or a rip. Drops are just ok. Clears are good. I repeat, this racket is very light, and has really good drives. Perfect for doubles, however my net play could be better.

I used a li ning grip forgot model, but it's has a pattern on it. I don't like it. Perhaps after a change of grip and string, this racket will sing.

I am very curious to see how a Kason C7 plays. Perhaps thats my next racket.

4. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    The C7 is a really nice racket. It's strange in some ways as it doesn't feel particularly stiff anywhere, but it has a great tactility to it and really nice repulsion off the stringbed. Keep in mind though that it is a head-heavy design - mine has a BP of about 305 - it's not the headlight speed racket you might expect CY to be using. Overalls though its a really sweet piece of kit. The quality is unbelievable, it looks great and plays great. Get one. :)

5. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Is that balance point with or without strings?

6. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    That's a Net BP, but it doesn't really matter because usually strings and over grip only change it by +/- 1mm unless you have some especially bulky grip style.These days though I prefer the TSF500 @ 300mm - it's just a tighter piece of kit. The C7 is great, but it doesn't seem as cohesive a package and is in some desperate need of stiffening up.

7. Aryan

Aryan Regular Member

Hi Maklike, what did u mean by "as cohesive a package and is in some desperate need of stiffening up" in relation to C7?

Thanks.

8. Aryan

Aryan Regular Member

Thanks wana2125 for opening this dedicated thread for C7. So far, there is no proper thread for C7 which is worth mentioned and shared among the forumers.

I have used the C7 for several months. I am also using MX80, SW37 4U and VT ZF 4U (I hv just sold off). I like C7 the most for the time being. In term of power generation, it is the best. Although it is a stiff racket, I never feel the stiffness at all as compared to MX80. This make myself easier in using it. It is slightly head heavy than MX80 but no problem to maneuver at all in double game. It is a very good attacking racket for double (as I play double most of the time). Even though I am quite tired at the end of 2 hours session, it is still performing well for me. Unlike MX80, I can't handle it after 1 hour of play as its stiffness is very demanding. No doubt, the feel of MX80 is top notch.

Normally I will start my game with MX80 and then followed by C7. Both feels are quite different, the control, accuracy, net play and defense are very good for MX80 but C7 have no problem in these areas at all plus the its power is top notch also. The power and strength needed to use C7 after switching from MX80 require some adjustment. It is a matter of getting used with both them, I am getting better and better in using them.

So far, I enjoy using them. Now, I am interested to find out how BS LYD, MX JJS and Kason F9 perform. Hopefully I can reach out to them soon :)

#8 Aryan, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  9. aiexrlder

aiexrlder Regular Member

i have a C7 and tbh i find it quite difficult to use.

It is quite head heavy but i would actually say it's pretty flexible. Together it makes timing difficult for me coming from my normal racquet (tornado800). For me this means i struggle with the quick taps as it feels like the racquet has lag. It's certainly not the sort of racquet you might expect a net player to use. Overhead shots are nice and powerful and the head heaviness does make attacking easy, just not drives/clips.

Quality wise it's very good, extremely sturdy. Interestingly, the sound it makes when you swing it sounds significantly faster than any other racquet. Not sure if the racquet is actually faster but it's still pretty cool.

10. aiexrlder

aiexrlder Regular Member

i have a C7 and tbh i find it quite difficult to use. <br><br>It is quite head heavy but i would actually say it's pretty flexible. Together it makes timing difficult for me coming from my normal racquet (tornado800). For me this means i struggle with the quick taps as it feels like the racquet has lag. It's certainly not the sort of racquet you might expect a net player to use. Overhead shots are nice and powerful and the head heaviness does make attacking easy, just not drives/clips.<br><br>Quality wise it's very good, extremely sturdy. Interestingly, the sound it makes when you swing it sounds significantly faster than any other racquet. Not sure if the racquet is actually faster but it's still pretty cool.

11. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    I would love if someone can compare C7 with MX JJS and see how both play..

12. soulsync

soulsync Regular Member

Thanks Aryan for the comparison view, i'm having MX80 as my main in most games but recently hurt my elbow. With the injury and MX80 stiffness is getting hard for me to play in good form. I'm thinking to try out C7 but with concern on the shot's feeling. May i know the BP of your C7 ? Hows the swing speed compare to MX80 ?

13. Aryan

Aryan Regular Member

I never measure the BP of my rackets. Correct me if I m wrong. First I get the centre balance point, then measure from the point to the end of the racket handle.

For C7, I get 295mm. Whereas for my MX80, it is 288mm.

The swing speed of MX80 is slightly faster than the C7. I think it is due to the its head and shaft which is lighter than C7.

14. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    I don't understand why if you have an MX80, you'd get a C7 to switch to when you get tired. You'd be better off getting an MX60 - it would be much easier to transition to.

The issue I have with the C7 is it's lack of torsional stability. When you hit a shot in the sweetspot it feels great, but anything a bit loose and it feels wobbly as hell. It almost feels like a 'training racket' where you get punished for anything a bit loose or casual. It's like a Chinese badminton bootcamp :D

I do love the feel and the weighting of the racket though. It's super tactile. But I just don't know why it's not stiffer. I have two prototypes of my own brand which have the same specs as my C7 but made from nothing particularly exotic but they're far more torsionally stable than the C7, which makes me wonder what the heck it's made from. There's another two I have which are the same spec but use a woven head and they're more stable to a scary degree.

All-in-all the C7 is a nice racket, but as the weeks go on, the TSF500 trumps it more and more. I'd love to see how it stacks up against the TSF300Ti which I'm yet to try.

15. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    So when will the prototypes turns to production? :p

16. Aryan

Aryan Regular Member

I tried MX60 before, but I wasn't able to unleash power from it. It is quite light and I like to use slightly head heavy racket.

I agree with you that C7 is not as stable as Mateor rackets. Its control is slightly not as good as my MX80. I think it is due to MX80 is stiffer than C7. But in overall, I don't feel the C7 control is lacking very much that it affects my game. I just need to make some adjustment when I switch to use it from MX80 or vice verse.

Hope also to know more about TSF500 as u mentioned. Do share a review in future.... :)

17. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    I would want to buy a C7 based on just its appearance... clean and sweet...

18. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
  19. sraoo

sraoo Regular Member

Student
    Is the K TC7 less head-heavy than the VT 80 and is it recommended for beginner/intermediate players?

20. Maklike Tier

Unoccupied
    Ge the F9 if you're a beginner.