Victor NS-660Ti string (NS660 Ti / NS660Ti)

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by kwun, Jan 9, 2012.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    has anyone tried this? i just got one sample and will try it out on my SW35 next.

sL8xtKdZMoFC8RNJl30NbKYPeWkSKY.jpg

Excellent resilience - super clear hitting sound.
    NS-660Ti uses 0.66mm super fine high strength fiber from Japan, through nano and titanium alloy technology, is joined more tightly to the nylon molecules, giving unprecedented repulsion and an enhanced crispy clear sound.
    Color:white、black、blue、Lucifer green
    Size:0.66 mm× 10m
    Feature:High Resilience
    Feel:Medium
    Material:Nylon

2. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Your sample is "from a source in Taiwan?:p"

Let us know how it plays, I haven't done much in the way of playing with strings and tension recently, so this could be a starting point.

Will have to get some with my SW30:)

3. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

so is this suppose to be like the 850 but with much better hitting sound?

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i have many sources. :)

i cannot tell u my source or i will have to kill you. ;)

i just strung 9 rackets over the weekend so i don't feel like stringing anymore until this weekend. will let you know how it plays. i also got a babolat 0.66 string so i can compare.

5. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Ok, I choose to keep my life:p I'll just have to ask my small number of sources:p is this a new string? Going to get a few to try:)

That's fair enough, no rush:)

6. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    Victor is coming out with several new strings for 2012 did you happen to get the other two as well?

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    there should be 2 more, the NS880 and the NS760. but no i haven't gotten my paws on them yet...

anyone care to guess why this time around the string has NS prefix instead of VS? ;)

8. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

"New String"?

wait the the next generation VNS.

9. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    correction. the new strings are VS760 and NS880 and NS660Ti.

10. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

so many new strings to test.... maybe the ns 660 is a good replacement for the vs850

11. anthemtwins

anthemtwins Regular Member

Software Developer
    I think the NS-880 would be the logical 'replacement' or alternative to VS-850 as they are both 0.68mm diameter.
    At 0.66mm the NS-660ti would be more like an updated VS-650.

12. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

The thing is that vs850 is a medium feeling string

NS880 - hard feeling
    NS660 - medium feeling

Either way, if the don't work out. I can just stick to my current favourite strings of nbg98/vs850

13. anthemtwins

anthemtwins Regular Member

Software Developer
    Good point, I wasn't allowing for that.
    Mainly because I find that diameter has a bigger bearing than feel when comparing two strings.
    A medium string (from the same manufacturer at least!) will nearly always feel softer than a hard string at the same diameter, but thinner strings always feel a bit firmer/crisper, assuming tension remains constant that is!

Either way I'm looking forward to getting my hands on these new strings and trying them out myself!

14. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

ns880 - made in taiwan
    ns660 - made in taiwan
    vs760- made in japan

15. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i managed to string up my beloved SW35 with NS660Ti @ 25lbs and played one evening of pretty hard games with it. my poor SW35's which have been neglected in the past few months sitting in the corner finally got laced with a string that it deserves.

firstly, the physical. the sample i got is a black colored one.

it is a thin string as can tell from handling it. the coating is fair stiff and texture is lacking, overall it is a pretty smooth surface string which is borderline shiny.

stringing it on the machine provide little problem aside from the fact that it is black and my stringing station isn't the most well lit at night, which creates its own challenges but not the fault of the string itself. weaving and lacing was a breeze with the smaller diameter it goes through grommet holes pretty easily. nowadays i avoid using the string mover unless necessary and i believe i only need to use it 2 times to weave a couple of shared grommet. which is pretty decent already given the really tightly spaced pattern of the sw35.

i strung the racket only an hour before i started playing with it and it took a little while for it to stretch to its natural length. the initial hits were a bit dull and lifeless. however, after 10 mins of warm up plus a game or so, the string started to come alive. the string as advertise has a "medium" feel which for most of us means that it has a soft feel. people who like soft strings like zm67 or bg66um will be more suitable for this string. however, unlike bg66um which often comes off as dull, the NS660Ti feels surprisingly crispy at the same time. which i think makes this a very good soft feeling string.

touch shots are ok but not quite to the level of stiffer strings like vs850 ( i dont' think we will ever have a string that will match vs850 in terms of feel ) but also at the same time, not erratic like zm67. perhaps it will take a slightly higher tension than 25lbs.

on the side of repulsion, being slightly softer means that there is slightly higher dwell time in the string, the slightly more hesitation is something that need to get used to. however, despite that, the repulsion is really quite good and i can totally feel the shuttle being propelled off the racket. on super hard hits it also give off a nice boom sound which is often lacking in super stiff strings like vs850.

overall, i think Victor has another of a winner in the NS660Ti. esp for people who prefer soft strings and wants to try something with more feel and crispiness in their shots. i normally being a stiff string user actually find it quite refreshing to use and will explore more of it in the future.

16. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    related. so apparently Victor found another factory/OEM to manufacture their strings, and strings from this new factory will have a different designation. i have 2 sources that told me similarly.

17. awekuda

awekuda Regular Member

Pemukul Bulu
    hope this string are more durable than bg66um.. yeszzaa... bg66um replacement for hardcore victor fan :D...

18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    no report of durability at this point, obviously. but honestly i am not giving much hope on durability when it comes to 0.66mm strings.

however, as mentioned that the outer coating is rather stiff so there is some amount of hope there.

real durability review may have to depend on future users of the strings as i tend to flipflop a lot between different rackets and it is hard to do a reliable durability evaluation that way.

having said that, i will be switching to testnig a totally different racket and then also testing another string the coming week. the SW35+NS660Ti will have to sit in my bag for a little while before that is done.

19. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Guess what my source said?

NS660Ti not available for sale at this time:( I want it though, so I guess I'll wait till I order my strings...

20. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it is not. :D :D

but i got one. :D one precious one. :D

i actually don't know when it will be released but probably soon as Victor already put it in their website.