User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have an ArcSaber without the zipper. I got the ArcSaber 5DX with the zipper on the handle.

I just thought it was weird because my friend got a ArcSaber 008 and the full ArcSaber case do not have the zipper.

ARCSABER Bags without zippers apparently is LEGIT. I have seen it now at SportChek all over Canada with ArcSaber bags without the second zipper, the rackets are all the ArcSaber Made in Taiwan models.

ArcSaber 3FL-Z-Slash all have 2 zippers. It was confirmed by some of the replies.

But of course, if you buy a Arc3FL or a 5DX or others do no guarantee that you will get a 2 zipper bag ESPECIALLY if buy from the SportChek RETAIL LOCATIONS lol

The people at SportChek retail stores normally have the bags in the back inventory, and has the rackets with the anti-theft tags hanging on the shelf.

When you buy the racket, one of the SportChek staffs will go to the back to get the bag...

I have instances where some of the WORST STUPIEST SportChek employees.

I bought a MusclePower 21 from them in the past, and they gave me a Yonex Isometric 3/4 bag.
    I told them to go back and check again, then they gave me a Yonex MusclePower 3/4 bag.

I then checked my MusclePower 21 on BadmintonAlley (which is in the US NOT CANADA), the MusclePower 21 comes with a FULL SIZED YONEX MUSCLEPOWER Bag....

I think the bags also varies depending on region as well.

ALL OF MY genuine Yonex rackets are CD coded.

So far, the only fake Yonex I have is this one I posted a few days ago, the VT-80.

I don't think SportChek dares to sale fake Yonex stuff.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    The bag font is not "spot on". It has the classic mistake in using the wrong "O" with flat sides ... (and from your other post: an arcsaber bag without zipper is a fake bag afaik, probably has some other flaws if you took a pic and posted it)

Here is evidence that ArcSaber Full Size bag has 2 versions, with 1 zipper or with 2 zippers.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Genuine-Yonex...item2561c3f444

The seller sell genuine products, check his other listings lol.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have used this fake VT-80 for a while now, and oh yeah, I am planning to get a REAL VT-80 in the next few weeks because of how the FAKE VT-80 feels.

Okay on with the fake VT-80

The fake VT-80 came with Fake BG65 strings at around 22lbs

I restringed it with a authentic BG80 at 26lbs on the cross, and of course, after using it for about 3 weeks, the tension probably dropped to about 24 or 25lbs...

With my first hit, the feel of the fake racket is pretty amazing....

The shock from the hit is not as shaky as I thought it would be coming from a fake VT-80.
    The fake VT-80 vibration reduction seems to be pretty solid, so no problems there.

The fake VT-80 has a pretty stiff shaft, compared to my genuine VT-70, I think the fake VT-80 is just a little tad more flex than the VT-70

The fake VT-80 is very head heavy, feels like the real VT-80 when it comes to balance.

Since this fake VT-80 came with a small grip, the grip has been built to about 4 layers...lol Now the head is just a very very tad lighter.

I took it to the courts, come people thought it was a real VT-80. I IMMEDIATELY told them it was a fake LMAO, I don't want to ruin my reputation just yet...

When I played the fake VT-80, OMFG!!!!! It feels good....

Since this was my first fake Yonex racket, it feels pretty good, vibration is not bad.

My clears were very easy, and the power output from this fake VT-80 is HIGH!!!!

My smashes were very fast, and the bird sound pops with lower frequency (It does not have that "Ting" metal sort of sound)
    It sounds very solid.

At this point I was extremely happy with the fake VT-80 until.....

I was happy until I started to do close to court drops, the control of the fake VT-80 is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! PERIOD!!!!!!!

The fake VT-80 is DEFINITELY not accurate for drops or slices in the front of the court.

But the fake VT-80 is pretty decent at smashing accuracy though.

I clashed lightly with the fake VT-80 a couple of times, and it still seems to hold fine after using it for a couple of months.

I used the fake VT-80 to scope up the bird with the frame scratching the floor, and the racket is holding up fine. No paint chips yet lol...

I wonder how long this fake VT-80 can last though... I have searched the forums in the past week and saw members with fake MusclePowers that cracked at the handle.
    But looking at the date of the post, it was from circa 2004-2005...

It is now 2012, the fakes might have gotten better in quality, but still does not compare to the real thing.....

I had a genuine MusclePower 99 from many years ago, and it held up fine from weekly heavy usage, clashed a few times but not very hard, and still holds up very well. The frame looks to be in good shape, no deformation, no bends, no cracks etc... I eventually sold it in 2010.

When I do use the VT-80, I use it mainly for the power or just use it as a lending racket to people asking to borrow rackets.

If I do use it on the court, I always switch between the fake VT-80, VT-70 and my ARC-5DX... Sometimes I still rock my old MusclePower 21 though.

My ARC-5DX and MusclePower 21 are EXCELLENT for control and precision. Smash on the ARC-5DX is pretty good, but on the MusclePower 21, it is a little bit weak. But the MP-21 is a VERY FAST defensive racket though..

I use the VT-70 for more power shots, and sometimes switch to the fake VT-80 for doubles in case if there is a clash, knowing the VT-80 is fake reliefs me quite a bit, and still having the same smash power of VT-70 with me, but without much of control. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just from reading your post, the paint, durability and weight might actually surpass a genuine VT-80 LOL. A real VT80 chips easily, some people have experienced cracks from a clash, and weird shaft rattle. Head heaviness wise, it's nothing to write home about when compared to the AT700. You might actually like your fake version more even after you buy the real thing~ I know I wasn't too impressed with this thing.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mms6a View Post
    I don't have an ArcSaber without the zipper. I got the ArcSaber 5DX with the zipper on the handle.

I just thought it was weird because my friend got a ArcSaber 008 and the full ArcSaber case do not have the zipper.

ARCSABER Bags without zippers apparently is LEGIT. I have seen it now at SportChek all over Canada with ArcSaber bags without the second zipper, the rackets are all the ArcSaber Made in Taiwan models.

ArcSaber 3FL-Z-Slash all have 2 zippers. It was confirmed by some of the replies.

But of course, if you buy a Arc3FL or a 5DX or others do no guarantee that you will get a 2 zipper bag ESPECIALLY if buy from the SportChek RETAIL LOCATIONS lol

The people at SportChek retail stores normally have the bags in the back inventory, and has the rackets with the anti-theft tags hanging on the shelf.

When you buy the racket, one of the SportChek staffs will go to the back to get the bag...

I have instances where some of the WORST STUPIEST SportChek employees.

I bought a MusclePower 21 from them in the past, and they gave me a Yonex Isometric 3/4 bag.
    I told them to go back and check again, then they gave me a Yonex MusclePower 3/4 bag.

I then checked my MusclePower 21 on BadmintonAlley (which is in the US NOT CANADA), the MusclePower 21 comes with a FULL SIZED YONEX MUSCLEPOWER Bag....

I think the bags also varies depending on region as well.

ALL OF MY genuine Yonex rackets are CD coded.

So far, the only fake Yonex I have is this one I posted a few days ago, the VT-80.

I don't think SportChek dares to sale fake Yonex stuff.
    I know what you mean ...

And yep I guess the Made in Taiwan's come without the extra pocket (I knew it was your friend's but I didn't recall you mentioning the model nor can I even find the thread back ):

Name:  ARC008-312986189404d675a3caaa3e13013265214d90aab9817b6.jpg
Views: 1102
Size:  70.1 KB

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    I know what you mean ...

And yep I guess the Made in Taiwan's come without the extra pocket (I knew it was your friend's but I didn't recall you mentioning the model nor can I even find the thread back ):

Name:  ARC008-312986189404d675a3caaa3e13013265214d90aab9817b6.jpg
Views: 1102
Size:  70.1 KB

Lol, I still find the padding on ArcSaber bags a bit thin.... Not a very beefy bag.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Optiblue View Post
    Just from reading your post, the paint, durability and weight might actually surpass a genuine VT-80 LOL. A real VT80 chips easily, some people have experienced cracks from a clash, and weird shaft rattle. Head heaviness wise, it's nothing to write home about when compared to the AT700. You might actually like your fake version more even after you buy the real thing~ I know I wasn't too impressed with this thing.

I have yet to own the real VT-80, but I have used the real VT-80 borrowed from friends for a short rally and game in the club.

The shaft rattle feels alright, not too rattly, but the real one rattles a bit softer compared to the fake.

Chipped paint and cracked frames, I do not know since I have only used the real VT-80 for a short time.

However, I did find on BadmintonCentral forums where some members have cracked VT-80 frames, but most of them are from clashes, (I imagine the clash would be probably harder than the clashes I have experienced with the fake VT-80)

Also of course the MAIN DISADVANTAGE of the fake VT-80 is the LACK OF CONTROL...

But when it comes to power and smashing-wise, the fake VT-80 works great!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

we need to see more pics of this good quality fake. can you post pics of the serial number area, as well as close up of the handle cap and grommets?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will post pics of the shaft code, butt cap, and grommets.

I cannot post the handle since it has been wrapped with 4 layers of grips, it would take me too long lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will post pics of the shaft code, butt cap, and grommets.I cannot post the handle since it has been wrapped with 4 layers of grips, it would take me too long lol.
    Try and get some up, we're all very interested in fakes infiltrating north American markets. I've never seen a fake CD or US

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Will post pics of the shaft code, butt cap, and grommets.

I cannot post the handle since it has been wrapped with 4 layers of grips, it would take me too long lol.
    4 layer of grips?
    that's too much, I prefer smaller grip and usually use 1 replacement grip only

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    4 layer of grips?
    that's too much, I prefer smaller grip and usually use 1 replacement grip only
    Well the fake racket has a very small grip... The label says 3UG5 lol... I built it to fit my big monster paws lol.. Now it is much more comfortable. OH YEAH, I did not use the ultra thick grips, I used overgrips.

If the racket was a G4 or G3, I would have use only 1 overgrip and thats it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, I just came back from a session with the fake VT-80 again to test durability.

My goal is to use this fake VT-80 until it breaks and count how many times this fake VT-80 can take.

So far, the VT-80 is a beast and did not show any signs of wear and tear UNTIL TODAY!!!!!!!!!

Just now when I played, I had a bit heavy clash with my partner when playing doubles, and OMG, the fake VT-80 has a chipped paint...

Also, what SURPRISED me what that the fake VT-80 actually has a very thick layer of white UNDERCOAT paint below the cool graphics. Normally I would not really expect this kind of under paint situation in fake rackets though...

But hey, I can't really say since this fake VT-80 was my first fake Yonex lol.

Anyone out there know what other fake rackets paint quality is like?

From the fairly heavy clash, (My partner has a ArcSaber Z-Slash, I don't know if his Z-Slash is genuine or fake, but he has a pretty big chip, and his Z-Slash did not have a very thick underpaint so the chipped areas are just black carbon...

After I came home, I inspected the fake VT-80 and found no cracks, only can see the small paint chip.

Since there is a thick layer of white underpaint, it is not really noticeable since the chipped paint area is where it says Trivoltage System, and on that part of the racket the color is also white.

The chipped paint took parts of the "Trivoltage System" words out lol...

Pic will come in 5 mins

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Pics added

Attachment 0

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by mms6a; 01-13-2012 at 02:58 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't been on for months. Miss me demolidor? lol!

Those pictures you have taken - dead give away. Can see the font of the serial is slightly off in comparison of the genuine item.

In case you may not know, I use to comment a lot on people's rackets on the forum sicne I can tell pretty easily if it's fake or not.
    Last edited by Matt; 01-13-2012 at 04:18 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

one thing for sure
    getting a racket with 2888 is a dead giveaway
    usually fake maker loves to put "888" in the serial number so the seller can say
    oh, I have a VT80 with good number! wants to take a look?

and they give you 888 (since 888 is lucky for Chinese people)

another fake that I spotted today:
    Yonex Voltric 80
    Shaft: 2889878
    Cone: 208828JP

same as yours, they put many 8 in the shaft serial and also in cone code
    too bad you didn't show me the cone code

don't forget the butt cap please?
    because usually the butt cap is an easy give away to determine if it's genuine or not

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

208828JPfrom 2012/88/20????? I thought we only have up to dec lolAnyways for me the dead giveaway for this racket being a fake was the holo stickerthe fake Yonex holo sticker is too reflective and it has been confirmed by the shop with the yonex hologram authenticator card lolI still feel that this fake quality is not bad other than the lack of controlbuild quality is not bad tooon BadmintonCentral I have seen many members with real VT80s that has cracked shafts and frames after just a short period of usagequality of fakes are catching up thoughYonex on the other hand might actually be decreasing in qualitymy VT70 and my Arc 5DX chips quite easily..My older MP21 and MP99 are used for many years now and almost has no chipsall my rackets has been clashed once or twice at least lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast