COUNTERFEIT YONEX VOLTRIC 80 Racket VT-80

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by mms6a, Jan 10, 2012.

Tags:
  1. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    I received a Voltric 80 about a month or two ago when I purchased off the Internet

At first glance, the racket looks almost genuine, the code looks fine also, butt end looks fine (compared to my 5DX and Voltric 70). The sticker looks fine as well.

The number on the cone is an -US coded Voltric 80....

Even the Yonex hologram sticker looks legit.

The paint quality is top notch (for counterfeits that is).
    The entire racket paint is smooth, with printing of the words and the "tribal waves" there is a bit of protruding texture.
    ----->> You can actually "FEEL" the text and the tribal patterns when you run your hand on the racket.... ^_^

Even the little ridge on the middle top of the rim to guide stringers when stringing is there. (LOOK AT THE PICTURE, but it is a bit hard to see since the racket color is white)

The part where the shaft meets the cone is silky smooth, and the paint of the shaft is perfect.

The Voltric Bag is nearly identical with the original bag (the bag that came with my Genuine Voltric 70).
    THE ONLY DIFFERENCE on the bag would be the shape of the bag, but it may vary due to the nature of counterfeit products.

The YONEX bag printing quality is extremely sharp and the colors are correct or extremely close to being correct, and the material is dead on for both the exterior and interior. Thickness of the bag is also almost identical when compared to the genuine.

How did I realize that this is a fake racket?

I used the Yonex authenticator strip on the hologram sticker, and the sticker is visible at both windows of the authenticator...

I found out the shape of the bag was a little big off.
    The VT-70 bag does not have such round corners, the corners are a little bit square-ish.

I paid around 120USD for it.. Shipping was free, and was shipped from the USA.

Even though the Voltric 80 is a fake, but it feels extremely like my Voltric 70.

The fake VT-80 shaft was pretty stiff, and the weight is about a 3U anyways.

I have the fake VT-80 stringed with Yonex BG80 @ 28lbs, and after about 2 months of heavy playing, the frame is still handling it well.

I even has about 2 or 3 light clashes when I was playing doubles, and dropped the racket on the floor a few times, and the racket paint still haven't chipped, and the frame still holding on well with NO scratches nor chipped paint......

I wonder if I got a higher quality counterfeit Voltric 80. lol Anyways, I will see if I can return it, if I can, I will return, if not, then I just keep on using this fake VT-80 until it breaks...

These counterfeits are getting more and more close to the real thing. Both in looks, security features, and feel when playing... I am aware of lower quality counterfeits that do not have good paintjobs nor bags for that matter, and I also heard that some of the lower quality VT-80s have very flexible shafts and misprints...

BUYERS BE WARNED, not all US sellers are genuine.. lol And if you do get a counterfeit like mine, use these pointers and then see if yours is a genuine VT-80 or not.

HERE ARE THE PICS:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    if you have the access to the Yonex strip. it doesn't get more definitive than that.

where did you buy it?

3. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    I actually received this one as a gift from my parent's friend before christmas.

He bought it from craigslist and I don't think he knows a lot about badminton rackets when he bought it and gave it to me as early christmas gift.

After learning my VT-80 was a fake, I went to the store and bought myself an ArcSaber 5DX.

4. Iori

Iori Regular Member

Buying a racket from craigslist without knowledge is not a good idea, no matter where you are. I assume your friend met the seller in person, in that case you should call him and ask for a refund. If you do your homework, you can save money by buying online like a boss. If you're lazy and just cheap, prepare to get scammed like a chump.

5. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    Lol I didn't buy it

I received it as a gift. So no loss for me. But it is quite amusing since this is actually my first fake counterfeit racket knockoff... I'm surprised how real a fake racket looks and feels lol.. All I read on the net was fakes have very bad looking bags, weird off color butt caps, bad font printing, or incorrect balance/feel and flex... I checked for fake information after.

But hey, after owning one, I now have confident in APACS lol... Now I just need to find a place to buy one until I can save up to get a genuine VT-80....

I currently own these genuine Yonex rackets:
    1. VT-70 SP
    2. AS-5DX CD
    3. MP-21 CD
    4. ISO-24VF

6. Iori

Iori Regular Member

Let your friend know because he thought he was getting a genuine. Just in case he falls for it again. Fakes are $30, all over ebay. I've seen fakes break at the t-joint almost taking someone's eye out. The thing with fakes is you never know what you're getting. Buying a $30 dollar low end racket from yonex, head or wilson from your local sportchek is more reliable.

You can buy from apacs here, http://www.apacscanada.com/.

7. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    You sure it's fake? Can you take more pictures of the butt Capp, serial, and some more overall macro mode pictures? This is the first time I've seen a fake US.

8. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    The racket is weird grip size for counterfeits

It is a VT-80 3UG5

I have about 4 overgrips on this boney handle. I can show you the butt cap though.

And yes, 100% I am sure this racket is fake.

9. alanwong76

alanwong76 Regular Member

Interior Deco
    mind showing the cone and shaft code ?

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    he mentioned he used the Yonex hologram strip. which is a little card the size of a pack of chewing gum with 2 windows. when viewing the hologram on the cone, one window should be dark and the other one bright.

this is a rare and somewhat unknown/secretive tool that usually only dealers have access to. and the identification result should be definitive.

i have only seen it once.

11. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    So...if it's a gift...how did he get this rare tool? And where can the rest of us get one?

12. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    my guess is he brought the racket to a local store and they happen to have onen.

we cannot get one. it is not something that is for sale. only some stores have them.

13. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    His quote above says "gift". Unless he's friend with a store owner or Yonex Canada dealer/distributor...I'm not sure how he would get his hands on this "rare" tool. Puzzling....:confused:

14. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i think he was referring to the racket and not the tool.

he got the racket as a gift, which originally came from craigslist. and with suspicion that it maybe a fake, he took the racket to a shop which has the tool.

that's just my guess of course. i don't think anyone can buy that tool from Yonex. every store who showed me it kinda wants to keep it a secret.

15. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    so.. what is the shaft serial and cone code?
    and could you please show me photo of the butt cap, T joint, frame, and the area of shaft serials and cone code
    yes, the bag looks really off, however, the quality of the bag is pretty good, it's quality of genuine Yonex bag

I wanted to learn about this fake US code
    after 1 year looking at fake racket, this is the first time I see fake US code

16. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    I do not have a good camera on me right now. As the shaft code is laser etched but still blackish in color. It is hard to see unless in broad sunlight.

Instead, I will just copy paste the codes here when I get back to my room to get my fake VT-80.

Yes, I agree, the bag shape is really off. But the YONEX logo and the VOLTRIC logo printing are both dead spot on. Both the logos are printed extremely sharp, and the logos looks good (good spacing and good fonts etc.) The good color seems to be pretty accurate as well.

The Yonex bag material both inside and outside are extremely similar to the original, and the padding of this FAKE Yonex bag is actually BETTER than my GENUINE Yonex ARCSABER bag lol.

My genuine Yonex ArcSaber bag padding is so so and not as thick. This fake Voltric bag has much thicker soft padding within the case.

But overall, my fake Voltric bag does not look as "wrinkly" as the other fakes I've seen...

@kwun

Your assumption is spot on. When I received this racket, it was already strung with BG70, but just by looking at the string logo and the strung job and uneven tension on the stringbed, I knew the string was fake and the stringer is definitely a n00b. lol

After comparing both the fake Voltric bag with my real one, I took to a local dealer to confirm and hologram is definitely fake.

When I look at the hologram sticker in the broad sunlight outside, I can see the sticker is too god damn shiny and reflective. The real Yonex oval stickers do not appear as shiny as the fake Yonex oval holo sticker.

The older style genuine Yonex silver round rectangle holo stickers are a bit more shiny than the newer gold oval holo stickers though.

17. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

The bag font is not "spot on". It has the classic mistake in using the wrong "O" with flat sides ... (and from your other post: an arcsaber bag without zipper is a fake bag afaik, probably has some other flaws if you took a pic and posted it)

18. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    I don't have an ArcSaber without the zipper. I got the ArcSaber 5DX with the zipper on the handle.

I just thought it was weird because my friend got a ArcSaber 008 and the full ArcSaber case do not have the zipper.

ARCSABER Bags without zippers apparently is LEGIT. I have seen it now at SportChek all over Canada with ArcSaber bags without the second zipper, the rackets are all the ArcSaber Made in Taiwan models.

ArcSaber 3FL-Z-Slash all have 2 zippers. It was confirmed by some of the replies.

But of course, if you buy a Arc3FL or a 5DX or others do no guarantee that you will get a 2 zipper bag ESPECIALLY if buy from the SportChek RETAIL LOCATIONS lol

The people at SportChek retail stores normally have the bags in the back inventory, and has the rackets with the anti-theft tags hanging on the shelf.

When you buy the racket, one of the SportChek staffs will go to the back to get the bag...

I have instances where some of the WORST STUPIEST SportChek employees.

I bought a MusclePower 21 from them in the past, and they gave me a Yonex Isometric 3/4 bag.
    I told them to go back and check again, then they gave me a Yonex MusclePower 3/4 bag.

I then checked my MusclePower 21 on BadmintonAlley (which is in the US NOT CANADA), the MusclePower 21 comes with a FULL SIZED YONEX MUSCLEPOWER Bag....

I think the bags also varies depending on region as well.

ALL OF MY genuine Yonex rackets are CD coded.

So far, the only fake Yonex I have is this one I posted a few days ago, the VT-80.

I don't think SportChek dares to sale fake Yonex stuff.

19. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher

Here is evidence that ArcSaber Full Size bag has 2 versions, with 1 zipper or with 2 zippers.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Genuine-Yone...554021956?pt=AU_Badminton&hash=item2561c3f444

The seller sell genuine products, check his other listings lol.

20. mms6a

mms6a Regular Member

Smasher
    I have used this fake VT-80 for a while now, and oh yeah, I am planning to get a REAL VT-80 in the next few weeks because of how the FAKE VT-80 feels.

Okay on with the fake VT-80

The fake VT-80 came with Fake BG65 strings at around 22lbs

I restringed it with a authentic BG80 at 26lbs on the cross, and of course, after using it for about 3 weeks, the tension probably dropped to about 24 or 25lbs...

With my first hit, the feel of the fake racket is pretty amazing....

The shock from the hit is not as shaky as I thought it would be coming from a fake VT-80.
    The fake VT-80 vibration reduction seems to be pretty solid, so no problems there.

The fake VT-80 has a pretty stiff shaft, compared to my genuine VT-70, I think the fake VT-80 is just a little tad more flex than the VT-70

The fake VT-80 is very head heavy, feels like the real VT-80 when it comes to balance.

Since this fake VT-80 came with a small grip, the grip has been built to about 4 layers...lol Now the head is just a very very tad lighter.

I took it to the courts, come people thought it was a real VT-80. I IMMEDIATELY told them it was a fake LMAO, I don't want to ruin my reputation just yet...

When I played the fake VT-80, OMFG!!!!! It feels good....

Since this was my first fake Yonex racket, it feels pretty good, vibration is not bad.

My clears were very easy, and the power output from this fake VT-80 is HIGH!!!!

My smashes were very fast, and the bird sound pops with lower frequency (It does not have that "Ting" metal sort of sound)
    It sounds very solid.

At this point I was extremely happy with the fake VT-80 until.....

I was happy until I started to do close to court drops, the control of the fake VT-80 is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! PERIOD!!!!!!!

The fake VT-80 is DEFINITELY not accurate for drops or slices in the front of the court.

But the fake VT-80 is pretty decent at smashing accuracy though.

I clashed lightly with the fake VT-80 a couple of times, and it still seems to hold fine after using it for a couple of months.

I used the fake VT-80 to scope up the bird with the frame scratching the floor, and the racket is holding up fine. No paint chips yet lol...

I wonder how long this fake VT-80 can last though... I have searched the forums in the past week and saw members with fake MusclePowers that cracked at the handle.
    But looking at the date of the post, it was from circa 2004-2005...

It is now 2012, the fakes might have gotten better in quality, but still does not compare to the real thing.....

I had a genuine MusclePower 99 from many years ago, and it held up fine from weekly heavy usage, clashed a few times but not very hard, and still holds up very well. The frame looks to be in good shape, no deformation, no bends, no cracks etc... I eventually sold it in 2010.

When I do use the VT-80, I use it mainly for the power or just use it as a lending racket to people asking to borrow rackets.

If I do use it on the court, I always switch between the fake VT-80, VT-70 and my ARC-5DX... Sometimes I still rock my old MusclePower 21 though.

My ARC-5DX and MusclePower 21 are EXCELLENT for control and precision. Smash on the ARC-5DX is pretty good, but on the MusclePower 21, it is a little bit weak. But the MP-21 is a VERY FAST defensive racket though..

I use the VT-70 for more power shots, and sometimes switch to the fake VT-80 for doubles in case if there is a clash, knowing the VT-80 is fake reliefs me quite a bit, and still having the same smash power of VT-70 with me, but without much of control. lol