Suggestion for a new racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by bigpanda, Jan 11, 2012.

1. bigpanda

bigpanda Regular Member

Hi all,

I wanna buy a new racket and I am considering victor X70/X80. I am currently using a victor racket called challenger ti-70 light classic ( dunno whether anyone knows it). I used to play with my Yonex arc10, but it is a little bit heavy for me so I changed to ti-70. But I found that Ti-10 is a bit light. So I am looking for some rackets which is even balance and performs similiar with these 2 rackets.
    Let me tell you guys more about myself. I usually play doubles. Used to smash a lot, but due to not smashing as hard as others (maybe I am too short), now change to staying in front playing netting. So I wanna have a racket which give me fast reaction and good placement and adding a bit smashing. I had seen so many posts saying that X70/X80 is fast and stiff and a bit head heavy (I get used to play stiff racket, but sometimes if I dont do enough warm up,once I play tight game with Arc10, I feel pain on my wrist only on the day not the day after) so I suppose these 2 rackets suit me.

Plz give me some advice and comments. thanks in advance

2. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    As i have only played with MX80, the racket really suits your requirement. It is fast for defense & yet powerful for smashes. Just try MX70 & MX80 before buying it. If you could not try, then, i would recommend you to buy MX80

3. bigpanda

bigpanda Regular Member

Thanks for your reply. I have read plenty of posts mentioning about X70 and X80. Some people saying that they are not much different, only thing is X70 not as stiff as X80. If it is the case, is it better to start with X70, once get use to it and feel good then go for X80?

4. bigpanda

bigpanda Regular Member

I would also be good if someone have both X70 and X80 and tell me which one should I go for.
    Thanks

5. Benwilluk

Benwilluk Regular Member

Marketing
    i have played with both the MX80 and MX70 and personally prefer the 70 due to the slightly more flexible shaft. I also felt that i wasn't compromising too much power by opting for the 70 but maintained the speed in defence and flat drives.

Of course thesis just my personal preference as i prefer slightly more flexible and slightly head heavy rackets.

6. visor

visor Regular Member

i have both mx70 and mx80

for what you require (front player, netting, touch shots, placement, drives), the mx80 would be best for the job

because of its extra stiffness, it is very fast, almost telepathic knowing where you want the racket to be even before you know it

also due to its extra stiffnes, it has great feel, and is very accurate... perfect for drives and shot placement

the only caution is to choose one around 84-86g, not more, as it'll be a tad slower from the wt

#6 visor, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  7. bigpanda

bigpanda Regular Member

Thanks for reply. The question is why dont I pick MX70 instead, isnt it not as stiff as MX80 so can react faster?

8. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

try to consider ns 9900 r VT 80 or Arcsaber 7

9. visor

visor Regular Member

ya, mx80 is faster, more feel and more accurate because its stiffer... i replied in the other thread too

10. bigpanda

bigpanda Regular Member

have tried ns9900 and VT 80.

9900 a bit head too light for me.
    VT80 a bit head too heavy.

11. bigpanda

bigpanda Regular Member

O...but i thought mx70 is faster and mx80 smash better..

12. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

well the mx80 and the sw35 are one of the stiffest racket around.

I think the main different is that mx70 is slightly more forgiving.

The mx 70 is rated S○●○○○F HH○●○○○HL and that seems to be victors theme for this year.

Meteor X- 2012 London
    Bravesword LYD
    Bravesword 15
    Superwave 30

13. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

arc 10 too head heavy? maybe cause of the almost like medium stiffness even though its rated as stiff :p

anyways, if arc 10 is too head heavy then MX70 and 80 should be out for you, its around 295mm bps. i suggest you try its about 288mm bps (wet), SW37 is quite powerful or the BS12 is fast and good for front/forward doubles play :D

14. bigpanda

bigpanda Regular Member

Actually is the total weight of Arc10 not the head. The head is alright, coz my first racket is YY MP100, it is totally too heavy. After it has been broken, I changed to YY AT 900P which is obviously head heavy. But I dont feels like I can play with it in doubles well, then I changed to some even balance racket. I am sure that I am not suitable on using head light racket.
    BTW do u know is MX70/MX 80 is lighter than ARC10?? I mean total weight. I can play with ARC10 in fact, but not non-stop playing.

15. bigpanda

bigpanda Regular Member

R u meaning that MX70 is more easier on defence comparing to MX80?
    To be honest it is too hard for me to choose which one

16. bigpanda

bigpanda Regular Member

one new question: anyone know about victor challenger ti-70 light/classic light??

I really want to find a racket between this and ARC10. I guess both of them are even balance and stiff.

17. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

18. Mr Norak

Mr Norak Regular Member

I vote for Bravesword 12. I have used an MX80 and own a VT80 and Arc10 but I like the BS12 for doubles too so I think you might.

19. bigpanda

bigpanda Regular Member

how is MX80 differ from MX80. Also, can u tell me more about BS12.
    R u smash lover in doubles? I prefer control and defence more.

20. Mr Norak

Mr Norak Regular Member

I think you mistyped your first sentence.

The BS12 is a lighter racquet in its feeling through the air than the MX80, Arc10 and VT80. It is less head heavy than those racquets but not so much that it makes it difficult to get power from. I usually don't like this as it would make higher powered shots like a smash or clear more difficult to do but I didn't find that. It is a very aerodynamic racquet so it cuts through the air very easily making defence easier too. Obviously the other three racquets have more overall power but I still felt like I could easily dig the shuttle out from down low and clear it if needs be.

For singles I would stick with my Arc10 or VT80 but for doubles I would use a BS12 or my Arc10 as it is both quick and has enough power.

I do smash and I guess I am more power orientated than other players (women for example) but I also like drops and net shots. Overall I find it a good racquet for both MD and XD.