LCW's new coach ;-)

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by shutterbug, Jan 11, 2012.

1. shutterbug

shutterbug Regular Member

Hey ppl, remember don't look at your opponent's face if you want to win ok? (hmm, then look where ah?)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KUALA LUMPUR: Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor has urged all badminton fans to support world No 1 badminton player Datuk Lee Chong Wei when he plays in the Malaysian Open, Thomas Cup and All England competitions.
    “I pray that Chong Wei will give his best during these tournaments,” she said after receiving a courtesy call from Lee at the Prime Minister’s residence here yesterday.
    During the visit, Lee presented a pair of new badminton rackets to Rosmah, while the latter gave Lee a souvenir to congratulate him for winning the Korea Open.
    The Prime Minister’s wife had given some advice to Lee which helped him win the Korea Open on Sunday.
    Rosmah, who spoke to Lee over the phone before the big game against his nemesis Lin Dan, told the 29-year-old not to look at Lin’s face during the game.
    Lee was instead advised to focus on playing the game.
    Lee said he was more confident now after winning the Korea Open.
    Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) president Datuk Seri Nadmi Salleh said the next three competitions would be crucial for Lee but the main target would be on winning the gold medal at the London Olympics.
    He added that BAM would also come up with new strategies to ensure that Lee returned victorious from the Olympics for which he will be preparing over the next few months.

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    you know when we were a kid and have stage fright, what did our teacher tell us to do?

"imagine the audience naked."

that's my coaching advice to LCW.

3. visor

visor Regular Member

Imagine LD naked?! :eek: Eeeew! :p :D

4. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I would like to be playing in XD against Reiko then :D

5. visor

visor Regular Member

On a more serious note, why does LCW even bother with receiving those regular phone calls from Datin just before the finals matches? What can she offer him that his coaches haven't already done?

Just before the game, he should be fully focused and pumped up physically and especially mentally... I don't think getting a call from her is gonna help with his preparation any one iota.

As a matter of fact, it'll more liklely have a negative effect on his already weaker mindset, especially if she keeps harping about winning it for his glorious country bla bla bla. :(

#5 visor, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  6. axl886

axl886 Regular Member

Cos he is in no position to refuse these calls.

Also, everyone likes to be associated with winners... esp. politicians. ;)

7. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

i think is the datin implying that LCW is so scare of LD that he must avoid looking at LD..

i dun think its a good advice...

its as good as asking someone to avoid the problem n hope the problem will disappear..

unless LD suddenly retire..... quite impossible to make LD disappear...from LCW face...

8. AzrinRain

AzrinRain Regular Member

I think that Datin thinks that LD has a face problem. :)

I am more interested in looking at LCW's reaction to that "advice".

9. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    That's a good advice

To me, that's a good advice.

As a coach, I always tell my charges to focus completely on the shuttlecock, and not to opponent's behaviour, gamesmanship, antics, etc, etc, ......

So to LCW, I would also tell him to pay complete attention to the shuttlecock, and not to his opponent(s).

10. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    shouldn't player look for opponent's weaknesses?

11. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

yeah, i heard the commentator mentioned that lee yong dae always look at how the player is gripping the racket and attack the opposite side.

i was like "sure or not...?", i'd be too busy looking at the shuttle and getting to my base position :p