calibrating digital tension head eagnas combo 5060

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by arrguz, Jan 11, 2012.

1. arrguz

arrguz Regular Member

businessman
    anyone can help me guys how to calibrate my eagnas combo 5060 with tcg100 calibrator.i have to calibrate coz last month my machine stop on pulling the string and result to bring my machine to electrician lucky the only problem is weak wiring system .it seems like it was different from manual stringing machine..hope theres someone who can help me with my problem....im newbie in stringing:) thanks a lot guys

2. Alexccs

Alexccs Regular Member

Stringer ES8protech
    This model is not available at US market now, you may request the user manual from Eagnas. A Suggestion, to calibrate a electronic machine, you better use a digital calibrate. The TCG100 do not has the precision you need, the scale is too small (I know because I own and use one before).

#2 Alexccs, Jan 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  3. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

let me check if I still keep the manual for combo-8010.
    it is different model, but at least may give you some idea especially to do a calibration.
    please let me know your e-mail via PM

4. Alexccs

Alexccs Regular Member

Stringer ES8protech
    This may help you, this is the main electronic control board from Eagnas Plus-8000 and Combo-8010. They are two small blue resister regular on the top left corner of the picture, one for calibrate the high tension and the other one for the low tension. To do the calibration, you have to open the tension head case, using a small screwdriver, for high tension, set the tension to 65 lbs and for low tension set to 30 lbs. By personal experience, I never reach to have precision on high and low tension at the same time, I can only set for one, of cause, I set to the low tension for badminton. Still, Eagnas Plus-8000 precision is +/-2 lbs, so I that was my last Eagnas String machine, that are all I can recall now.

IMG_0112.jpg

#4 Alexccs, Jan 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  5. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    +/- 2 lbs? My goodness, I might as well use a crank!

6. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

this is from Combo-6010, but almost the same with Combo-8010 aslo, just try to find VR1 and VR2 ...

CALIBRATION

Step 1.
    Calibrate the Eagnas electronic tension head when the Eagnas Combo 6010 stringing machine does not perform properly. Note: It is recommended to wear safety glasses during the calibration.

Step 2.
    Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Step 3.
    Remove the turntable from the turntable base.

Step 4.
    Place a small stick against the dowel pin and use a hammer to apply a light force to the dowel pin as shown. Push the dowel pin out of the string gripper housing.

Step 5.
    Carefully lift up the string gripper from the string gripper housing. Do not lose the spring.

Step 6.
    Using a 4mm Allen wrench, loosen two screws that hold the cover of the electronic tension head to the base.

Step 7.
    Using a 5mm Allen wrench, loosen four screws that hold the cover of the electronic tension head to the base.

Step 8.
    Carefully lift up the cover from the electronic tension head and put it on the side of the electronic tension head. Make sure the cables are still connected to the connectors on the tension controller printed circuit board.

Step 9.
    Re-assemble the string gripper back to the electronic tension head. Plug the power cord into a properly grounded wall outlet. Turn the power on. The power indicator on the electronic tension head cover comes on.

Step 10.
    Set the tension setting knob to 60-pound position.

Step 11.
    Use the Eagnas string clamp to secure the string on one end of Eagnas TCG-100 tension calibrator and place the string that is attached to the other end of Eagnas TCG-100 tension calibrator into the string gripper.

Step 12.
    Press the pushbutton tension switch to activate the tension pulling. Check whether the tension indicated by the Eagnas TCG-100 tension calibrator is the same as the tension setting of the electronic tension head.

Step 13.
    Press the pushbutton tension switch again to release the tension pulling.

Step 14.
    Repeat steps 12 through 13 four or five times to have correct tension indication on the Eagnas TCG-100 tension calibrator and avoid poor calibration due to string stretch.

Step 15.
    If the tension indicated by the calibrator does not match the tension setting of the electronic tension head, adjust the potentiometers "VR1" and "VR2" on the tension controller printed circuit board slightly. NOTE: There will be a range of tension from the maximum tension at which the electronic tension head stops pulling, to the minimum tension at which the electronic tension head starts pulling again. The difference between the minimum and maximum could vary between 2 - 4 pounds depending on the string and tension calibrator used to calibrate the electronic tension head. Therefore, it is recommended that the tension setting of the electronic tension head shall be calibrated on the maximum reading to ensure the consistency in the calibration procedure.

Step 16.
    Set the tension setting to 60-pound position.

Step 17.
    Press the pushbutton tension switch to activate the tension pulling. Check whether the tension indicated by the Eagnas TCG-100 tension calibrator is the same as the tension setting of the electronic tension head. If not, press the pushbutton tension switch again to release the tension pulling.

Step 18.
    Use a small screwdriver to adjust the potentiometer "VR2" slightly. To achieve higher tension, turn this potentiometer "VR2" clockwise. To reduce the tension, turn it counterclockwise. NOTE: Do not apply excessive force; this will damage the potentiometer.

Step 19.
    Repeat steps 17 through 18 until the tension calibrator reaches 60-pound position.

Step 20.
    Set the tension setting to 30-pound position.

Step 21.
    Press the pushbutton tension switch to activate the tension pulling. Check whether the tension indicated by the Eagnas TCG-100 tension calibrator is the same as the tension setting of the electronic tension head. If not, press the pushbutton tension switch again to release the tension pulling.

Step 22.
    Use a small screwdriver to adjust the potentiometer "VR1" slightly. To achieve higher tension, turn this potentiometer "VR1" clockwise. To reduce the tension, turn it counterclockwise. NOTE: Do not apply excessive force; this will damage the potentiometer.

Step 23.
    Repeat steps 21 through 22 until the tension calibrator reaches 30-pound position.

Step 24.
    Repeat steps 16 through 20 four or five times to reach the right tension.

Step 25.
    After calibration, turn off the power. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet. Disassemble the string gripper from the electronic tension head. Carefully install the cover back to the electronic tension head. Use a 5mm Allen wrench to tighten four screws to hold the cover of the electronic tension head to the base. Use a 4mm Allen wrench to tighten two screws to hold the cover of the electronic tension head to the base. Re-assemble the string gripper back to the Eagnas Combo 6010 electronic tension head. Mount the turntable on the turntable base.

7. arrguz

arrguz Regular Member

businessman
    whooa,,this one will surely help me..thanks a lot guys...wil open it tommorow.. will post after,,,god bless

8. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

9. johnlowe88

johnlowe88 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    Eagnas Plus 8000 calibration

Hi,

In case anyone has a Eagnas Plus 8000 - this machines comes with the two adjustable resistors VR1 and VR2 accessible from the back cover - next to the voltage selection switch. No need for disassembly.

10. arrguz

arrguz Regular Member

businessman
    Hello guys my eagnas combo got problem again. This time regarding the pulling tension. Cant automatic pull with 27lbs. If 28lbs can already. Both cross and main can pull only 28lbs. Hope there's someone can tell me why! Someone said I have to reset the VR1 and VR2 but I don't how to do that. Can someone help how to fix it. Thanks so much

11. stardalkar

stardalkar New Member

hi guys its great pleasure to join this forum. i would like to have some help from all the experts out there. i have bought this EAGNAS combo 5060 model and it has issues. It's not working as per the set tension. tried repairing at local market but the person said their is issue with eprom. i have no idea about it. tension head is working to and fro but the calibration has gone. i mostly sting badminton rackets but sure like to keep machine for tennis and squash racket ready. it has two small pot screws at the back so don't need to open the cover. if i need to calibrate. but i dont know which is vr1 and vr2.attaching the machine image. Can any one help me to solve the isssue. thanks in advance combo-5060.jpg

12. johnlowe88

johnlowe88 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    stardalkar,

Hi. I have been away from this forum for a while so did not see your post, but anyway - there should be a label next to each adjustment, however - another Eagnas tension head came in yesterday for me to repair, when looking at the back of the tension head, VR1 is on the left and VR2 is on the right for this one - but it might be different from yours. The only way to know for certain is to open the box, and trace the blue wires back to the circuit board, which will be labelled.

Now, if your unit is working, but you are not getting the right tension, you may just be better off doing a calibration chart. Use a digital luggage scale and pull at various tensions, i.e. from 16 to 30 in steps of 2 lbs, then record what the luggage scale displays. Do this a few times at each setting and average the results, and you will get a chart that you can then use to extrapolate what setting is need to get which desired tension.

If your unit doesn't work at all, then the troubleshooting can be more complicated, so it will be necessary to describe how it isn't working, knowing what does work - does this make sense.

Anyway, the tension head I am repairing came with the gripper removed and when I opened the case, the chain had been removed, and all the internal cables disconnected. The chain had not been disconnected properly but had been unfastened from the load cell. After only a few minutes looking at this unit, I can see that the microswitch for the gripper appears not to have been assembled properly hence the unit will not pull. A replacement circuit board had been sent out to this customer, but obviously they had problems doing the replacement, which is why it came back to the shop and I was asked to look at it. Now I need to remount the circuit board, attach all the cables, put the chain back and then test it with a correctly adjusted microswitch, and fingers crossed - it should work, since the unit is brand new, but with bad quality control before shipping from the factory.

-John

13. stardalkar

stardalkar New Member

thanks john for the info. after few calibration i was able to start the machine an was able to string. some issues were at times the string will pull the tension from .5 to 1 pound. or at times it will stay at specified pounds. any ways it atleast it started working that was a big enough for me. now after a month or so i had new issue. my tensioner pulls but it is not returning to initial position after pressing switch. it just get stuck. after lot of switch pressing it went. but i am have this issue. can you help me in this. regards
    satyajit tardalkar