Are the limited edition green NS9900 not as good as the original?!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by hn8790, Jan 12, 2012.

1. hn8790

hn8790 Regular Member

Business Systems Manager
    Have anyone used both of these rackets that can share their thought on if there are any differences between the green ltd edition NS9900 and the original NS9900.

I previously had 1 NS900 (orange) and loved it, probably the best racket I have ever used, the control was amazing and so was the power once I had got my timing right. Once I got used to it power felt so effortless!

Unfortunately the frame broke and I ended up buying 2 of the green NS9900 ltd edition. I've really stuck with the frames now and it's been 6 weeks of using them. Firstly the control doesn't feel as solid. The rackets vibrate a lot more (one more than the other). And the power doesnt come as easily and overall not as powerful.

I'm really hoping that it's just me and I'm imaging it all, but after 30/40 hours playing I don't feel the ltd editions ones feel as good.

The rackets are from an authourised UK reputable seller so defintely aren't fake. I just can't help feeling that the ltd edition are a cheaper made inferior racket. Anyone felt the same?!

Thanks, Hai.

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    just to clarify, did you use the same string and same stringer and strung at the same tension?

sometimes a differently done string job can make a lot of difference in the overall feel of the racket.

3. hn8790

hn8790 Regular Member

Business Systems Manager
    Thanks good point, yes just to clarify I restring my own rackets. In all instances I'm using Yonex BG80 string at 24 lbs.

4. bigfishoz

bigfishoz Regular Member

Manager
    Remember every racket is different in someway i.e. weight, balance point, stiffness - even it is the same brand same model - and sometime you get a lemon. For the avg Joe, it cannot tell, but if you are pro, you will find the different.

5. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Yes i agree, racket do varies.
    IMHO, For racket comparison, you need to do the following :
    1. For the same racket type: both brand new, coming from the same batch & Production code (eg:SP)
    2. Stringer, string tension, type of string must be the same & strung it at the same time
    3. specs have to be the same (eg:3U/G5)
    4. Grip that is used on the racket have to be the same as well, applied at the same time
    5. Have to be test on warm up time & game time
    6. Our physical condition may also influence our feel to the racket, therefore longer time have to be spent with both of the rackets.

IMO, For racket comparison, although you compare both arc 10 but they come from different batch or production code, the result may varies. Additionally, if you compare Arc 7 & Arc 10, the above condition are still enforceable.

6. hn8790

hn8790 Regular Member

Business Systems Manager
    After 9 months of owning the rackets I still dont think the limited edition green model is not as good a racket as the original. I went into my local yonex stockist and the guy there who is something of an expert (with actual experience of the rackets) strongly agreed with me. I've now written off to yonex asking if I can get them changes.

Is there anyone else that has used both limited edition green and the original who thinks the same?