Protech Masterpiece vs Victor Champion No. 1

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by axl886, Jan 12, 2012.

1. axl886

axl886 Regular Member

So I dropped by Honly last week and both were going at the same price.

Generally speaking, which is better in terms of flight characteristics and durability? I read from some threads here that the Masterpiece quality isn't as good as it used to be - is that still true? :confused:

Thanks.

2. dingboy

dingboy Regular Member

Administration Executive

Hi bro ..... :)

One of the members in my group used to buy the Protech Masterpiece for our weekly games ....
    It was fine at first when the shuttle was fresh .... but after a while, the cork started to deform somewhat and the bird started to 'slow down' quite a bit. eg; during mid-flight, it would slow down and then just 'drop' down. :(

As for the Victor Champion No.1 , i bought a tube before to try.
    Shuttle was fine ..... but the feathers just don't seem to last very long ..... maybe i got a bad batch. :(

We have since changed to using the G-Class 500 for our games.

It's a good shuttle, with a one-piece cork, good durability and consistent flight ..... one shuttle can easily last 1 - 2 games of intermediate Men's doubles ~ 21 points. (provided you don't mishit the poor bird too many times)
    We have no major issues so far, except for some who say that the bird is too fast (especially when they fail to retrieve an opponent's smash) :D :D :D

You should try it ..... they also have 'lower' ranges like the 200, 300 and 400. :)

3. axl886

axl886 Regular Member

Oic... thanks for the feedback dingboy. :)

How much is the 500/tube? Izzit selling in JB too?

Thanks again bro.

4. dingboy

dingboy Regular Member

Administration Executive

Hi bro .... no worries. :)

The 500's cost $29 per tube .... if you get 10 tubes, they'll give you one tube free.
    It's not exactly the cheapest around .... but given it's durability and quality, i feel that it's worthwhile.

I don't think it's sold in JB, as the G-Class is a local brand.
    Check out the link below for details and prices :

http://www.badminton-network.com/badminton-marketplace/content/G-Class-Shuttlecock/446.html

The shop (MB Sports) is located near the Bishan interchange.
    You can drop by and have a look, or just buy a tube to see if it's worth the price.

disclaimer: i have no affiliation to the shop whatsoever ....... just my honest opinion, that's all. :)