User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Carlton Xelerate X67, Carlton power pulse 70TI

Has anybody tried these strings, what is the performance like durabilty repulsion ect also what are the thoughts on power pulse 70ti does it compare well agianst yonex BG65ti. Only asking because I was thinking of buying a reel of each.
    Kind regards james

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Smash Jim View Post
    Has anybody tried these strings, what is the performance like durabilty repulsion ect also what are the thoughts on power pulse 70ti does it compare well agianst yonex BG65ti. Only asking because I was thinking of buying a reel of each.
    Kind regards james
    most of my carlton rackets came with the xelerate x67, so i figure i'll buy a fresh pack since i enjoy the stiffness of the string. for some reason, the string is so soft and repulsive that it lacks any stiffness at all. my prefer string is victor vs850 by the way just so you have a reference to what i mean by stiff string. anyway, i had it strung at my usual 24x25 on a wilson bLX force which is a head light flexible 3u racket. all my drives and smashes were all over the place. absolutely no control whatsoever!!!

never tried power pulse so i can't comment on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

havnt tried 70ti but i have carlton air edge and air sonic rackets that come by default strung with x67. as it was not strung at my preferred tension. so i re-strung them with same x67 again at 26. its not a bad experience. its durable, repulsion is good.and control is also not bad. i normally use bg80 at 26, but x67 is not not bad at all. i liked it and i have ordered more packs of it. good luck