String Review: Toalson Nano Premium 66

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by demoniez, Jan 13, 2012.

1. demoniez

demoniez Regular Member

Hey guys,

Bought many strings to try out over the past few weeks and would like to share my experiences with you guys here. More reviews to come :)

Toalson Nano Premium 66

Gauge: 0.66mm

Core: ultra thin multifilament
    Outer: special braided super tenacity ultra thin nylon monofilament
    Coating: nano bonding

Tested on:
    FLYPOWER WARRIOR 7
    Tension 29 x 31, Yonex 4 knots
    2 months, 3 hours per week at least

Benchmark:
    Yonex BG66

Review:

1) Stringing
    Stringing is a breeze. There is ample nano coating on the string outer just like Yonex NBG98 but certainly not as slippery during gameplay (Note that NBG98 JP is an entirely different story from NBG98 SP). The string did look like a true 0.66mm unlike the dubious claims like Yonex do.

2) Gameplay
    Oh my, this string is explosive! It is surely on par with BG66 in terms of repulsion and i dare say this has the same feel and control as BG66 if not better. You can feel very well where you want every shot to land on. Hitting sound may be abit muted as it isnt considered a hard string but absorbs shock well due to its relative softness.

But i feel like cutting this string in anger after 2 months of usage. BECAUSE IT SIMPLY DOESNT BREAK. EVEN AT 29x31!! NOT A SIGN OF IT! COME ON PLS FRAY AND DISINTEGRATE, I WANA TRY A NEW STRING :)

Conclusion

Repulsion: 8/10
    Durability: 9/10 (incredible for a thin 0.66mm string)
    Hitting Sound: 7/10
    Shock Absorption: 9/10
    Control: 9/10
    Feel: Medium feeling (Similar to BG66)

sleepdeprived likes this.
  2. dsmbooster

dsmbooster Regular Member

financial analyst
    anyone else in the forum , using this nano 66 string? I try to find more reviews online, but very limited. interested comparision to bg66, 66ultimax, nano 98, and victor 850,

3. nws56

nws56 Regular Member

guitar maker
    more on Nano Premium 66

I'd had a set of this for a while now but never got around to trying it. The arrival of a second (identical) Z force recently meant I could now make meaningful comparisons . Manually pre stetching it revealed a different feel to the usual Yonex popular strings, and it didn't twist or kink much either. At 25lbs. tension it was compared with Nanogy NBG98 , both being the same .66 guage and both boasting the nanoscience thing. The Toalson immediately impressed with its firmer,more positive feel with none of the numb sensation which many criticise the NBG98 for. It seemed nicely placed between the softness of Ultimax 66 , NBG98 and the hardness of BG 80. Firing a boxfull of shuttles underarm from the backline at maximum effort showed that the NP66 was just as powerful as the Yonex string, and I never would have expected that. Add that to a more lively feel and I think I've just found my new reference string. Will compare it soon with Nanogy 99 which seems to be the best all round string so far from Yonex .

4. nws56

nws56 Regular Member

guitar maker
    Nano Premium 66 versus Nanogy 99

Anyone still reading this ? Want more comparisons ? Over 6 hours play logged on the Toalson string and time to try it against my candidate for 'best all round string if you're not sure what to use ' - Nanogy 99. Strung it one pound higher ( at 26 ) to compensate for the thicker guage . Having always liked it at 22 on a VT 70 it came as a nasty surprise to find it dull and fairly lifeless on the Z force. Power seems to be very similar to the Toalson , but there's just no feel to it , no sense of precision like the thinner string gives you. Searching for reasons to make some sense out of this ..... 1 made a mistake with the stringing 2 some racquet / string combinations really are synergistic 3 the CH packet of NBG 99 is different to the SP ones I've used before 4 Toalson Nano Premium 66 is more suited to my slowly developing style The only negative thing so far with NP 66 is the movement of the string bed , it requires adjustment after every session . Not quite as bad as Zymax 62 , but headed in that direction . Some folk may find this a deal breaker , and I would normally be included with them , but I can forgive this Toalson string it's one minor foible. Go on , give it a try.

5. dsmbooster

dsmbooster Regular Member

financial analyst
    good tension holding

for about 3 weeks now, the tension is still holding well, dropping 1lb max. strung at 23x23, but a dull like NG 98,
    well may be the nano coating does its job to keep tension. I find this is the best string for non Yonex strings. very close to NG98 for a fraction of cost, about 1/3 Yonex price. unbeatable perfomance: price ratio.

6. Mel-Tony-bourne

Mel-Tony-bourne New Member

Perfect!
    Just the review that I've been looking for.
    Thanks!:)

7. xZhongCheng

xZhongCheng Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    I started using this string in feburary, didnt like them as much as the BL8000s, but i gave it another go.

They seem to work very well with my Nanoray 700RP. I strung it at 28X30, prestretched for a few days using a 10 pound weight (Tied to a pole, wrapped around with the weight hanging. If anyone wants pics to this let me know)

These strings lose tension VERY fast without prestretch, but with it, its simply awesome.

The pure power that comes is awesome. Control is pretty good at the high tensions, and also extremely durable.

My friend did tell me that he hates these strings, saying its bad quality. He plays with feather birds, and I just use nylon. I can say with nylon, these strings work very well.

8. swettfly

swettfly New Member

These strings lose tension VERY fast without prestretch, but with it, its simply awesome.[​IMG]

9. msitpro

msitpro Regular Member

IT consultant
    Surprised by those saying about the loss of tension...

My experience with this and the "Biologic" BL8000 has been awesome.

Note that the Nano Premium 66 reads "BL6600" on the string as well as "NP66" (at least the 2 packs I've had do), and they seem like they are basically the same string in different gauges.

Both models are incredibly durable, I've not managed to break a set of either this or the 8000 in 2-3 months at 30+ lbs off the machine. Audible frequency suggests tension holding around 27-28lbs. Playing for 1-3 hours, 3-4 times a week.

String is very repulsive, doesn't seem to lack 'grip'...

The coating on the string seems almost rubbery.

10. oledgless

oledgless New Member

you are right,These strings lose tension VERY fast without prestretch, but with it, its simply awesome.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. wguan126

wguan126 Regular Member

agree with the rubbery feel. Just strang it. Will give it a go tomorrow.

12. RSLdude

RSLdude Regular Member

Manager
    I tried this and it felt dull and with less power.

I cut it right away and went back to my usual Ashaway Microlegend.