User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 29
  1. #1
    Regular Member yurimaster2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    MY
    Posts
    1,006
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Your fav. grip color and why?

    my fav grip color was used to be black or dark blue coz when its got dirty you wont notice it so much...
    however i come to know that brighter color like pink, oren, lime then to get a better tacky feel on the grip...
    i wonder what the theory behind from these myth...

    so share us your fav color grip, why and your believe or experience...

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    78
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I mostly use black ones because as you say you don't notice the dirt and they look good on every racquet. Depending on the racquet, I also use red and yellow grips (on my N-90 II I have a yellow one for example). What annoys me about my red grip (Yonex SuperGrap AC-102) though is that it actually looks more like pink

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    26
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yves. View Post
    I mostly use black ones because as you say you don't notice the dirt and they look good on every racquet. Depending on the racquet, I also use red and yellow grips (on my N-90 II I have a yellow one for example). What annoys me about my red grip (Yonex SuperGrap AC-102) though is that it actually looks more like pink
    Truely agreed with yves! Ac-102 black is my favourite grip!

  4. #4
    Administrator kwun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Santa Clara, California, United States
    Posts
    35,945
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    i like light color ones specifically because when it becomes yucky it shows up. it reminds me disgusting stuff are probably growing inside and it is time to change to new ones.

    otherwise they will start making babies and having grandchildren

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    TW, SG, HK
    Posts
    7,314
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I use yellow 80% of the time, but sometimes I'll use white. Might start using darker ones just to try

  6. #6
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,486
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    The tackiest of the rkep elite g09 that I use are pink, white, yellow, lime.... So those are the colours I use.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Andy05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Stockton-on-Tees, UK
    Posts
    476
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I choose my grip based on how bright the colour is, then you can see the dirt and change it too.
    Ashaway PU Super Grips are what I'm using at the moment.

  8. #8
    Regular Member yurimaster2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    MY
    Posts
    1,006
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    The tackiest of the rkep elite g09 that I use are pink, white, yellow, lime.... So those are the colours I use.
    any reason or theory why bright colors tend to be more tacky?

  9. #9
    Regular Member george@chongwei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    29,946
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    yellow colour because it looks nice and neat

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,474
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    White and light colours. So when it's dirty...it's time to change the grip.

  11. #11
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,486
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yurimaster2010 View Post
    any reason or theory why bright colors tend to be more tacky?
    My unscientific guess would be that darker pigments somehow negatively affect the tackiness of the grip by permanently binding to the tacky receptors on the surface of the polyurethane grip material.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    816
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i prefer anything less black n white

    maybe its becoz my life is always in black n white... hence.. i dunwan see such colour anymore

    lolz..

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    449
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    rkep g09 purple. guess I just like the colour purple.

  14. #14
    Regular Member yurimaster2010's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    MY
    Posts
    1,006
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    My unscientific guess would be that darker pigments somehow negatively affect the tackiness of the grip by permanently binding to the tacky receptors on the surface of the polyurethane grip material.
    that was a good guess, no wonder most of the sport shoe dont select dark color for their bottom padding..

  15. #15
    Regular Member Blitzzards's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    GMT-04:00
    Posts
    1,437
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yurimaster2010 View Post
    that was a good guess, no wonder most of the sport shoe dont select dark color for their bottom padding..
    Badminton or indoor court shoes are non-marking, meaning that they bottom sole should not be coloured (that yellow colour you see is the natural colour of rubber) as the colour pigments will come off with friction and stain the courts.

    On the other hand running shoes (also sport shoes) all have black coloured bottom soles. So your logic does not seem to apply.

  16. #16
    Regular Member Nauroa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen - Denmark
    Posts
    325
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I like to match my grip with my racket, so red, yellow and white goes with most of my rackets.

  17. #17
    Regular Member suetyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    8,047
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i prefer pink! coz pink is one of my favourite colours and pink is sharp!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FS: New Yonex armortec 700 old color and mint Muscle Power 88 old color(USA)
    By skywalker in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 3
    : 12-09-2011, 02:13 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    : 03-02-2009, 11:45 AM
  3. grip color choices
    By zigatz in forum Grip
    Replies: 15
    : 03-13-2008, 06:49 AM
  4. Grip and String Color on AT800OF
    By ITR111 in forum Badminton String
    Replies: 5
    : 08-22-2004, 03:37 AM
  5. Grip color Vs durability
    By Brave_Turtle in forum Grip
    Replies: 3
    : 02-23-2004, 05:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •