RKEP Ti-70

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by BengGuan, Jan 14, 2012.

1. BengGuan

BengGuan Regular Member

Stringer
    [​IMG]

Any BC members have tried RKEP badminton string ? Just get it from Eric, 0.70mm, Medium to Hard Feeling, Easily generate Power and have good control.

2. Shuffler

Shuffler Regular Member

Philanthropoid
    I also posted in this forum to get feedback on rkep strings. No responses. I plan to order a reel regardless. Please share more about your experience with them. Thanks.

3. BengGuan

BengGuan Regular Member

Stringer
    After spending so many hours with this string, this string hold tension maybe one of the best ever i have tried. For the others point i think it's depends on players. Like repulsion, feeling also control. Just my 2 cents.

4. kingzzz

kingzzz Regular Member

Ordered a reel, price to good to pass, $31usd shipped plus 4 free grips.

5. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Please give your review!:)

6. kingzzz

kingzzz Regular Member

Received it today, super fast shipping as always. Strung on my AT700 @ 25lb.

Stringing:
    It's got a very slippery and smooth surface, Weaving was a breeze, just glides through. However the string tends to easily kink when pulled through a sharp angle or against new ungroved grommets (rotated some grommets on my AT700 for stringing). Usual issues with going through with shared holes as with all thick strings.

Performance:
    Cant say much here only had a short go at it today. There was a nice 'ting' sound when hitting the shuttle. Will update once it gets more time court time. If the durability is there, could become a good cheap replacement for bg65/bg65ti

7. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

How is it going w/ the RKEP string? I am also interested to try it out

8. PowerBoss

PowerBoss Regular Member

Student full time & part time in restaurant
    I just bought 200m ti-70 in "bright green" (much more of a yellow to be honest). According the ebay page, the seller will have this string available in white, bright green, red and black before March 31st...so they are finally stocking a variety of colors in 200m.

I strung one of my rackets with the string last night. Overall a very easy stringing experience for weaving and threading... except for shared grommets/holes, this string is a little on the soft side, which makes it hard to put through such tight spaces. Sometimes kinks form on tight pulls (as someone else stated). I ended up making paths in the shared grommets for the string by using a scrap piece of another harder string (Head super power 71) and forcing it through with the pliers, then putting the Ti-70 through after clearing the path.

It sounds very metallic and nice but I have yet to test it.

[​IMG]

9. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

any reviews yet? i'm thinking of getting some

10. PowerBoss

PowerBoss Regular Member

I will be playing with this string with plastic shuttles on Friday and feathers a couple of times next week. I'll let you know how it goes then.

11. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Did you string the cross string bottom up?

12. PowerBoss

PowerBoss Regular Member

Spot on, yup :)

13. johnnxiv

johnnxiv New Member

Your job
    sorry for a noob question, what is the name of this racket?

14. PowerBoss

PowerBoss Regular Member

Not really a noob question, not many people use it. This is Fleet Super High Tension 9000. It's most well-known in Malaysia, but not many other countries.

15. kingzzz

kingzzz Regular Member

Ok after some extended use. Strung at 25lb play with both plastics and feathers. Tension has dropped slightly but much better compared to bg65. Feeling wise its not as good as the thin strings, shots feel slightly dull (this is comparing to Zymax67). I think due to the slippery surface, the string likes to move a lot, especially on slices. Have not settled yet after about 2 weeks of playing. No fraying whatsoever yet.
    I would personally still prefer to play with the Zymax67 but I can see this being a very cheap but good replacement for BG65 at 1/3 the cost.

16. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

I recently purchased a reel of black Ti-70. Amazing price, only about $1 per set. I strung my BS12 with it at 24 pounds thinking that I should lower my tension because this was labeled as a hard feeling string (I like BG80 at a slightly lower tension because it's so hard) but that turned out to be way too low, shots were flying out everywhere. :p This is definitely not a hard feeling string and maybe not even medium. As PowerBoss stated earlier, this string tends to be really soft on stringing and gets bent really easily, sometimes making it hard to fit through those shared holes. But with better feel, better repulsion, and cheaper (1/4 of the) price compared to BG65, who cares?

17. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

Has anyone else tried these strings yet? I just ordered 6 for $16 CAD. If all goes well, I will probably pick up the 200m reel in the future. I was going to go straight for the 200m reel just because it's at such a good price point. But it's safer to save money until I'm ready for it.

18. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

They're decent quality strings especially for the price. Personally I would rather pay more for better-performing strings though.

You only got 6 for $16? Why would you do that, the reel only cost about $20 US anyway. :confused: Should've just spent the extra 4-5 CAD and gotten 14-16 more sets of it if you're considering getting the reel in the future anyway... but of course in the end it's your choice.

19. phaaam

phaaam Regular Member

For Canadians it's $25 + $6 for the strings + 4 grips (no other options that I saw, though it was 4am), lol. If it was $20, I would have obviously gotten 200m. But as you said it's not the best string, so having so much laying around is such a waste, since I already have 200m of another string haha. Thanks for the info =D

20. aikakira

aikakira Regular Member

Student
    Great String

Hey Guys,

Thought I'd post a mini review here for everyone.

Bought them from Eric 200m Green with 4 grips, strung my Apacs Nano 900 with it @ 30lbs, strings holding in well no signs of problems.

Played 2 hours with it today, strings perform on par with BG65Ti, lovely sound and very crisp. Im changing to this string the price and quality is just too good!

Hope this helps everyone !