Sliding cross strings with BG-80

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by santos, Jan 17, 2012.

1. santos

santos New Member

Hi,

I have a problem and question about sliding cross strings after restringing a racket. After restringing a racket with BG-80 @ 21x23lbs tension by myself, I have the following problem: The cross strings are sliding while playing with the racket. Does someone has an idea what the problem is?

2. Mr Norak

Mr Norak Regular Member

Not necessarily with BG80 but I find my racquets tend to do this for a few hours after being restrung. They seem to stop doing it and stay stable after that, perhaps they have bedded in. Do you find that too or do they constantly slide around?

3. santos

santos New Member

Unfortunately they keep sliding with this tension and this string. I did not have this problem with Yonex NGY98 and Victor VS850. I do not know if this tension is to low for BG-80 or if this happen because of different tensions btw. main and cross strings.

4. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

It may take several good long sessions on court for it to settle in. But it probably will. I've not had a problem with that string at that tension.
    Apart from sliding strings, how is it playing for you?

5. maxout

maxout Regular Member

I had just restrung with BG80 at 21x22ibs and had EXACTLY the same problem ... hopefully, it will "settle down", quite annoying haing to tweak after each rally ...

I hope it is not a technical mismatch between the tensions and BG80, it is great string as I get better feel and clears with it !!

6. karyaw

karyaw Regular Member

Students
    if u dont want ur string to run track..it need high tension..so the string wont slide

7. visor

visor Regular Member

You need higher tension if you don't want it to slide around. It'll also bed in after some time, meanwhile make sure to reposition the strings before you put away the racket after play so that it'll bed in at the right spots.

8. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

The strings will settle in at any tension. There is no need to go higher tension than what you are comfortable with.
    I use thin string at low tensions and after a couple sessions everything is fine.

But, as others have mentioned, it is often a good idea to let the strings settle in for a few days after a string job. And ensure they are straight before you put the racket away after a session.

9. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Thanks guys for the tips :)