SP vs JP

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by pcll99, Jan 19, 2012.

1. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    i just looked at the packaging of the Yonex string.. I just realised both the SP and JP versions are made in Japan.. If they are both Made in Japan, why do the JP version cost so much more!!!!

What is the difference between SP and JP versions then?

what about shoes? shirts? shorts?

2. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

I have no idea whether sp and jp are different. ALso, even though you buy the same item for comparison. Different batch dates will result in difference in quality.

However, as far as I know. In Japan, they are not allow to discount that much from the retail price.

3. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

What about the search button?

4. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    sorry, i think i am an idiot.. i search "SP JP" in keywords and it says "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

5. winstonchan

winstonchan Regular Member

CBO (Chief Babysitting Officer)
    i just looked at the packaging of the Yonex string.. I just realised both the SP and JP versions are made in Japan.. If they are both Made in Japan, why do the JP version cost so much more!!!!
    no published answer from Yonex, but Yonex is using this trick to take advantage of consumer's behaviour and psychology to make more $$$$...

What is the difference between SP and JP versions then? no published answer on quality difference except we all know they are distribution codes and are meant for sales in their respective regions.

what about shoes? shirts? shorts? the list goes on - shuttlecocks, socks, grips, bags, etc....

Aren't we all a fool under the clever marketing of Yonex empire?

The fact that a lot of people are still buying Yonex means we are a fool or some people are willing to be a fool after weighing out the pros & cons.

6. aramistuscany

aramistuscany Regular Member

For racquets and strings there are probably no difference. But for shoes, clothes and bags there are clearly tangible difference in quality and durability between SP and JP.

7. istringforyou

istringforyou Regular Member

As a stringer, i am very sure there is a difference between the strings. So much that they seem like an entirely different string. Eg: NBG98 SP and JP. Rackets are subjective as even the similar coded rackets may not feel exactly the same.