What Racket for Blue Yonex plastic shuttles

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by meteor, Jan 19, 2012.

1. meteor

meteor Regular Member

I am playing from time to time in a competition that uses only Yonex Blue plastics.
    I would like to hear your recomandations on what type of racket (flex/balance/tension/string model) and what specific racket models you experienced to be good with these shuttles.

Cheers!

2. ssgg007

ssgg007 Regular Member

personally, I find the plastic game to be faster. So a fast racket is a prerequisite for me when using plastic shuttles.

3. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    I'm using a VT80 with BG80 @ 26lbs. I'll probably get it restrung at 24-25lbs.

4. visor

visor Regular Member

Only a few adjustments needed when switching from feather to plastic. You'll need the racket 1-2g heavier total, or slightly head heavier. Strings 1-2 lbs less tension, thicker softer (ie. no bg80 or bg66um).

5. Mr Norak

Mr Norak Regular Member

Why do you recommend a lower tension, thicker and softer strings for plastic?

6. visor

visor Regular Member

There's something about plastic birds that make it feel harsh on strike and repulse immediately off the string bed. My theory is that it's because most of the wt is in the cork head and also the plastic skirt is soft and doesnt help in guiding; hence it feels almost like hitting a rigid ball.

7. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

yup, the plastic definitely feels heavier. like you need to punch it rather than hitting it.

so use your current racket and adjust your string to 1 or 2 bls lower OR change to a thicker string with same tension. I'd recommend ZM70.