User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 170
  1. #18
    Regular Member drew tze en's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,250
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Today I also went to ESL it is good! They provide SHB-65FT and SHB86 which is good I bought 2 tubes of Aerosensa 30s at HKD185 each to bring back to England... They also sell clothes which I need a good look at, I also bought 2 Yonex Towel Grip DX

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fastmiele View Post
    Do you have the contact information for these shops ?

    Thanks.
    http://www.e78.com.hk/

    http://www.cyfbadminton.com/set_cyf.htm

    Maps and contacts are in the links. For CAB 20, Rose doesn't stock them, and they charge more for accessories, etc. The mainlanders love Rose tho.

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    http://www.cyfbadminton.com/set_cyf.htm

    It's actually the most expensive of stores that been mentioned in BC consider it's in TST and all that. However, the stuff they carry there is amazing. Almost the entire YY catalogue can be found there plus the Li-Ning stuff.

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    toronto
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LemonPepsi View Post
    http://www.e78.com.hk/

    http://www.cyfbadminton.com/set_cyf.htm

    Maps and contacts are in the links. For CAB 20, Rose doesn't stock them, and they charge more for accessories, etc. The mainlanders love Rose tho.

    Thanks for the links.

    Why do the mainlanders love Rose ? I went there twice before and to be honest they are a bit rude, lied and ripped me off. I am not from HK and I bought some rackets from them. One of them cracked very early and I emailed the person I purchased all my rackets from. He said he would take it back and get me a replacement. My friend dropped it off and I never heard back from them. They stopped answering any of my emails and such. The only reason I am not so angry is because I knew before buying the rackets that Rose had a poor reputation for customer service, so its buyer beware and once you leave the store you are on your own.

    The one thing I have to say is the store front looks pretty good and you have all the nice rackets hung up behind the glass cabinet.

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    manila
    Posts
    164
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    does e78 have an english website?

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    For e78, u can email the guy in English. As for glass cabinets showing off the rackets, almost every store in HK does that, some of them don't even have the glass just like any big sport outlets in the States/Canada with better selection.

    Rose sports, it's great to window shop, I wouldn't buy anything from them tho. In fact, I wouldn't buy anything from the baddy shops in MK unless you have no other choice. U will probably find better deals else where without the hassle of mingling with godzillion of people.

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LemonPepsi View Post
    Rose sports, it's great to window shop, I wouldn't buy anything from them tho. In fact, I wouldn't buy anything from the baddy shops in MK unless you have no other choice. U will probably find better deals else where without the hassle of mingling with godzillion of people.
    Where would you shop besides in MK? Where do you usually buy your equipments from?

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by limsandy View Post
    Where would you shop besides in MK? Where do you usually buy your equipments from?
    Lots of places in HK. Just give you some examples, I bought my VT80 and the new logo CAB 21 from CYF Badminton on TST cos of the knowledgable owner. I have my string jobs done at E78, again the owner may not say much, but there is nothing to complain about when it comes to his string jobs. I got my shuttles from Kai Shing Badminton in Hung Hom and just yesterday I placed an order for a CAB 50 at my badminton store (yes, it is in HK island at the west end of the island MTR line, u can actually go to the shop to buy stuff, although i just emailed the guy and do a bank transfer.) There is actually a post about my badminton store in BC.

    MK is easiest for tourist if you would like to get everything in one place. However, if you have the time or you know your way around (the shops above are all within walking distance from MTR) you don't have to shop in the hell hole that is MK. I guess I am too mean to MK lol.

    If you have something in mind that you would like to get in HK, post here, the HK memebers in BC can surely point you to the right shop.

  9. #26
    Regular Member drew tze en's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,250
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    When I went to Mybadmintonstore their shop was closed I was pretty disappointed but I bought a new Yonex T-Shirt near Po Lam Station in Gallop Sports Products Co.

  10. #27
    Regular Member drew tze en's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,250
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The address for Gallop Sports is G39 Metro City, Phase 1, Tseung Kwan O, NT, HK Telephone is 2177 0976

  11. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drew tze en View Post
    When I went to Mybadmintonstore their shop was closed I was pretty disappointed but I bought a new Yonex T-Shirt near Po Lam Station in Gallop Sports Products Co.
    Wow, you surely know your way around HK, Po Lam is on the far east side of the penisula.

  12. #29
    Regular Member drew tze en's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,250
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LemonPepsi View Post
    Wow, you surely know your way around HK, Po Lam is on the far east side of the penisula.
    I know, I arrived from Hong Kong this morning but in Hong Kong I was staying near Hang Hau MTR Station and I went all the way to Sheung Wan to look at MBS but it was closed

  13. #30
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LemonPepsi View Post
    Lots of places in HK. Just give you some examples, I bought my VT80 and the new logo CAB 21 from CYF Badminton on TST cos of the knowledgable owner. I have my string jobs done at E78, again the owner may not say much, but there is nothing to complain about when it comes to his string jobs. I got my shuttles from Kai Shing Badminton in Hung Hom and just yesterday I placed an order for a CAB 50 at my badminton store (yes, it is in HK island at the west end of the island MTR line, u can actually go to the shop to buy stuff, although i just emailed the guy and do a bank transfer.) There is actually a post about my badminton store in BC.

    MK is easiest for tourist if you would like to get everything in one place. However, if you have the time or you know your way around (the shops above are all within walking distance from MTR) you don't have to shop in the hell hole that is MK. I guess I am too mean to MK lol.

    If you have something in mind that you would like to get in HK, post here, the HK memebers in BC can surely point you to the right shop.
    How does the pricing from CYF, E78 and MBS compare to ESL or racketshop? What does BC stand for? Thanks, LemonPepsi.

  14. #31
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    38
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    E78 is the cheapest, CYF is the most expensive. Everyone else falls in between. However, we are only talking about 20-30 bucks difference here for rackets. First string jobs bg66 UM cost 100 bucks at CYF and 85 at e78. Just some benchmark for u.

  15. #32
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    manila
    Posts
    164
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    i've been to ESL raquets and sports way back 2009 and bought a couple of yonex bg65Ti string and a pair of shoes. nice store though quite hard to find coz you have to look for their store sign on a busy street. btw, they give discounts on strings if you buy more than 5pcs.

  16. #33
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    came from the SAR
    Posts
    3,868
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    just curiously, how do they ship a racket overseas? in a box?

    BTW, Mister Keen's shop is very beautiful...

    http://zh-tw.facebook.com/pages/Mist...738581?sk=info

  17. #34
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    449
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    lemonpepsi,

    how much does e78 normally charge for bg66 UM restringing?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hong Kong Badminton stores
    By jenny in forum Market Place
    Replies: 41
    : 11-22-2012, 05:46 PM
  2. Hong Kong Tennis Stores
    By Sealman in forum Chit-Chat
    Replies: 0
    : 02-20-2008, 02:17 AM
  3. good stores in Hong Kong, or near there?
    By danlinwanabe in forum Market Place
    Replies: 19
    : 10-28-2006, 07:30 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    : 07-01-2005, 05:49 PM
  5. KWUN - Hong Kong Stores
    By TG in forum Market Place
    Replies: 2
    : 08-07-2001, 10:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •