Badminton Stores in Hong Kong

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Justheretoplay, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Justheretoplay

Justheretoplay Regular Member

Student
    I'm going there during the spring break in March, and i was wondering what good stores there are that i can buy some rackets and shoes at.

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    HK is kinda big. where are you staying?

3. Justheretoplay

Justheretoplay Regular Member

Student
    I'm staying around the Kowloon area, but I'll be going all around HK

4. vcrpex

vcrpex Regular Member

sales
    go to e78 store near diamond hill mtr. they have the map at www.e78.com.hk

5. istringforyou

istringforyou Regular Member

There are a row of shops at from 1-97 Fa Yuen Street. Notably Rose sports and Kin Yee at 97 Fa Yuen Street. Not the friendliest of guys there though.

In Jordan, via exit C2, go to Parkes Street where you will find Luxis Sports. The young guy may not be the friendliest of all but i rate his stringing with ES5PROTech highly.

E78 is actually in a small dilapidated industrial building called Yip Fung industrial building in 9 Sheung Hei Street, in between Wong Tai Sin and Diamond Hill MTR and he is on the 17th floor. You may have to cut through the Choi Hong Market/CC/Playground/Basketball/Tennis Courts coming from the MTRs to reach Sheung Hei Street. Once you are out of the lift, walk out of the lift lobby to the corridor and turn left where he is in the 1st shop you see. The door may seem shut like a residential unit but just push it and the bell on the door will alert Mr Chan, hiding in a unseen corner doing stringing. One of the best prices you can find in HK. Friendly guy but only speaks Cantonese :)

#5 istringforyou, Feb 8, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  6. johnv

johnv Regular Member

IT
    Fa Yuen street in Mongkok has many sports shoe shops, a lot are sports/fashion oriented. Rose sports is a serious badminton shop. It is at 39 Fa Yuen St in Mongkok, closest MTR exit is E2 (Bank Centre). Look for "Aunty" Rose there for best service, she is usually in minding the shop. They have lots of stock on display and a gallery of pictures of most of the top 5 players in recent years.

gmap ref: http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?m...&t=m&z=15&vpsrc=6&iwloc=00049690b6c22ba90721e

Luxis sport is also a go to place. At 41 parkes St and 1 floor up from street level - fairly discrete from the outside with only 1 small yonex sign to look out. Dont let that fool you, it is a shop worth visiting. And they have a website www.luxissportnet.com

gmap: http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?m...906,0.007939&z=17&iwloc=00049690a5a96dba17b70

Thanks istringforyou for info about E78, its near my office but never been there. Time for a lunchtrip over there.

7. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

I know Mybadmintonstore is in Hong Kong and hopefully I'll be able to visit it during my stay in Hong Kong

8. johnv

johnv Regular Member

IT
    Yup, MBS is in Sheung Wan district. Can walk there from Sheung Wan MTR exit A1 and the Western Market trams pass even closer.

The area boasts antique shops, dried seafood shops and some of the increasingly rarer heritage buildings. Well worth a visit, Cat Street and Hollywood Road are both nearby.

MBS has garnered lots of praise from BC's both online and offline (in the real world) see http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/71457-STORE-PROFILE-mybadmintonstore.com.

gmap: http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?m...&t=m&z=11&vpsrc=1&iwloc=0004a018431c7d2d052da

9. drew tze en

I plan to go there

10. limsandy

limsandy Regular Member

I have recently bought a box of nanogy 98 and two orange bg-80p strings from ESL. They really do stock a lot of strings and the young man/stringer next to the front door was quite helpful and he spoke decent English.Next, I went to racketshop to purchase 4 rackets and shb65 shoes. Alan, whom I believe is one of the owners, also speaks decent English and very helpful in my purchase. I found that racketshop has the best pricing on yonex rackets and they also sell tennis rackets.My opinion on badminton shops in Mong Kok area:Always go up to shops in the first floor as shops in the ground floor typically pay higher rent, and they had to charge their customers more to as reflected in their prices of goods.

11. fastmiele

fastmiele Regular Member

sorry, don't really want to highjack a thread, but since we are on the topic of HK, where is a good store to buy rackets like Yonex Carbonex 20 ? My friend went there last month with family but only had time for shopping in the morning. To his surprise most shops did not open till noon'ish, so he kind of missed all the real stores. He even got as far to Mr. Keen's store near Ocean Park but they just moved so once again he left empty handed. I ordered some Cab 20's from Mr. Keen 6 months ago for 600 HKD. Is it best I send my friend there or tell them to go to Rose Sports ? My friend doesn't know any prices so I want to send them to a straightforward place and not get ripped off. Thanks.

12. drew tze en

I might be visiting Rose Sports again I'll find the price for you.Walking into that store is like badminton heaven!! There is a glass cabinet filled with loads of rackets!! There was even an Armotec 700 (2008 Olympics)limited edition!!

13. LemonPepsi

LemonPepsi Regular Member

N/A
    For the nichie models like CABs, you may wanna give e78 a call, or CFY Badminton in TST as they stock almost everything. The shops in MK area mostly stock the more popular ones. I had just recently got a new logo CAB 21 from CFY due to the fact that I couldn't find it anywhere else except E78.

14. King's

King's Regular Member

Guys and gals any idea whether Emmy Sports and ESL Sports are the same or originally one company? Which has the better Yonex racquets offerings/selections (specially JP coded) and better customer service? Thanks in advance.

15. fastmiele

fastmiele Regular Member

Do you have the contact information for these shops ?

Thanks.

16. fastmiele

fastmiele Regular Member

I have to give it to you on that point, it was pretty exciting seeing those rackets behind glass.

17. drew tze en

Today I got my Voltric 80 so happy :D !! I got it for HKD1280 + HKD50 for BG66UM, it is 4UG4 to be honest I would prefer to have a 3UG5 version For me this is a bargain as in England it would cost me £161.49 but I bought in Hong Kong for about £105 saving about £55, I could have bought it at a cheaper price but my parents are lazy to walk. I bought my new Voltric 80 at Kin Yee Racket Shop on Fa Yuen Street it is small but still I got a new racket to add to my collection... :D

18. drew tze en

Today I also went to ESL it is good! They provide SHB-65FT and SHB86 which is good I bought 2 tubes of Aerosensa 30s at HKD185 each to bring back to England... They also sell clothes which I need a good look at, I also bought 2 Yonex Towel Grip DX :)

19. LemonPepsi

N/A
  20. LemonPepsi

N/A
    http://www.cyfbadminton.com/set_cyf.htm

It's actually the most expensive of stores that been mentioned in BC consider it's in TST and all that. However, the stuff they carry there is amazing. Almost the entire YY catalogue can be found there plus the Li-Ning stuff.