Private Coaching

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by Anvte, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Anvte

Anvte New Member

I used to take group adult advanced lessons in ClearOne on Thursday nights, but due to my school schedule this semester, I wasn't able to continue to go to the group lessons on Thursday nights. I requested for private lessons, and the staff at the counter said they will give me a call since apparently there is 3 people before me on the "waiting" list, and I did not request any specific coach. And it has been 2 full weeks, and I still haven't gotten any calls, so I am a bit frustrated. So I want to know if there are any recommendations for other good private coaches in different facilities? Also providing the name of the coach will be great, thanks.

2. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    You need to keep calling and ask them. Don't wait for them to contact you. Also tell them your availability.

3. Anvte

Anvte New Member

Apparently I actually visited clear one twice last week and called them three times this week. And, yes I did leave my availability times for them.

4. CanucksDynasty

I just changed our (my friend and I) private lessons from Thursday to Wednesday night (with the same coach) at ClearOne Browngate.Good luck in getting your lessons.

5. vanrakt

vanrakt Regular Member

which type of private lesson u like ,1vs1 \2/vs 1 or more vs 1?

6. Anvte

Anvte New Member

doing 1v1 now. Apparently i got assigned with a coach the day I saw Darryl. Seems like the office guy I kept talking to, doesn't really do anything, I just have to go straight to find the head coach.

7. CanucksDynasty

I think Darryl is the owner (or at least part owner) of C1.

Darryl Yung, 1996 Olympian, Canadian Open Champion and three-time Canadian National Champion, founded the first ClearOne Badminton Centre in May of 2003.

The office guy just takes the money and does the booking of courts. And relay messages if possible. If you like Darryl as your coach...I'd advise you to get his phone number or email...so you can keep in contact (ie. emergency cancellation of a session).

What days are your lessons?

8. vanrakt

vanrakt Regular Member

Darryl is the owner of the Clearone, he is one of the best coach in our local, I worry he couldn't have enough time to do 1vs1 lesson,because he has lots work to do. U can ask to change the private coach to other one in Clearone on frontdesk,that's could be save your time. Another way can try to other club.

9. Anvte

Anvte New Member

@CanucksDynasty
    ummm my lessons are tuesday morning from 930 @ Leslie, Im not with Darryl though he assigned me with Ronne.

@vanrakt
    still prefer clearone overall actually comparing to the other facilities out there.