User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meteor View Post
    I was under the impression that Centralsports are the only ones...
    That's going to reflect badly on Victor. Wonder how long their contract with Victor for distributor rights is for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just about to buy!!! really?! looks like a great racket to me. Now i dun trust them anymore...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I think this was a one off. Central Sports was very unhelpful as my feelings have been made clear earlier on this post.

I managed to get a good deal on another MX80. And I've been dealing directly with Victor International in Germany to get this resolved and again, they have been more than helpful so I'm back to being happy with Victor as a company, it's Central Sports who I will never do any business with again.

No bad word on Victor! It's their UK representatives who are letting them down it seems! Someone else needs to get their distribution!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Well said

Many thanks to that review. The problem now i think is the way to find the dealer. I dun seem to find a proper dealer in the UK except from Central sport for a good price.

I am still thinking between victor or Yonex. I had a cheap Victor rac and love it but i wonder about if quality increase proportionaly interms of price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My choice was between the Victor MX-80 and the Yonex VT-80. One of the guys I play with has a VT-80 and I prefer the feel of the MX, whereas he prefers the feel of the VT.

There's not really much in it.

It is a very good quality racket, hence why I was so surprised at the way it broke, but I suppose these things happen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mate, the MX80 isn't a patch on the VT80. We've danced this dance already!!!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The VT-80 is unwieldy and lacks all the finesse of the MX80. In my eyes it's the VT which doesn't hold a candle to the MX, but at least I know that's because I prefer balanced rackets, and not because I follow a company blindly. So far, Yonex rackets have been of rather disappointing durability on top of that...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To you it may be unwieldy, but to those of us who know how to win wars on and off the badminton court, it is the perfect weapon to crush the badminton n4zis. Success guaranteed!!!
    Last edited by f1rst; 02-25-2012 at 04:09 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha
    Well, this is actually a thread about the MX80, so while you're totally entitled to your opinion about how it compares to the VT80, please continue writing about that in a thread about that racket, as you've obviously formed an opinion and don't seem willing to back it up by facts and experience with the MX80

Spouting stereotypes won't exactly help your point, by the way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a good friend of shahzad and was there when his broke. What I said was more a personal comment about how we both view are rackets. A kind of mine is better than yours. Please don't take anything I've said personally. I like a good wind up!!! Just look at ants' voltric z force threads for proof.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tehe. Must've been quite a sight^^ Well, that's how it is around here as well - most people have rather strong opinions about the racket companies, especially when they're younger...I've come to the conclusion that my game is nothing impressive regardless of the racket, so (mostly) I use some that cost half of a VT80 (or a German MX80) and still have decent quality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by f1rst View Post
    I'm a good friend of shahzad and was there when his broke. What I said was more a personal comment about how we both view are rackets. A kind of mine is better than yours. Please don't take anything I've said personally. I like a good wind up!!! Just look at ants' voltric z force threads for proof.
    I should refuse to know you! Our most recent war, you couldn't handle the smashes that were coming at you! You and your VT80 need to go away and come up with another strategy, maybe use it to start playing squash or something!

Update: racket is currently on its way to Germany to Victor Gmbh so hopefully they will have a chance to look at it and come up with some sort of reasonable conclusion. They have been very helpful thusfar though so I am hopeful

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just heard back from Victor, they have agreed to replace the racket!

Many thanks Victor!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shaz

Your racquet should have been replaced free of charge without any discussions regarding what else was potentially wrong with it. Afterall it's very rare that a shaft splits and I think the accusation is rediculous. This is a case where the retailer should send a replacement from stock and argue the case with the manfacturer.

There have been a lot of changes with Victor in UK and things are only just being sorted now.

What you should expect to see soon is the old Victor-sport.co.uk website working again fully with details of current UK stockists. However, only Central Sports are allowed to sell online - don't ask because it's complicated and confidential. But, you can still purchase form other retailers even though there will only be a few around UK offering Victor products.

If you live in Manchester or in the surrounding area, then you are lucky as BWS Sports already stock Victor and they are currently increasing their stocks. They have some clothing, shoes and racquets and they also carry demo racquets too but not in every model as they have to pay for the racquets. Expect a lot more from BWS over the next 3-4 months as they develop the range.

I hope this helps.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Paul for the information as I might be considering to buy a Victor racket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, thinking to buy Yonex VT Z Force, Yonex shoe and Yonex bag from CentralSports...have to think twice now due to the treatment you got from them...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cyteh84 View Post
    wow, thinking to buy Yonex VT Z Force, Yonex shoe and Yonex bag from CentralSports...have to think twice now due to the treatment you got from them...
    I recommend you buy your items from Directsports.co.uk or Directbadminton.co.uk
    the second website is dedicated to badminton products

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast