My broken Victor MX-80

Discussion in 'Broken Rackets' started by shaz`, Jan 20, 2012.

1. shaz`

shaz` Regular Member

Playing yesterday and my shaft on my MX-80 imploded. Never seen anything like this, especially on a 2 month old racket. Happened as I hit a smash, felt like I broke a string or something, then realised my shaft was .... destroyed.

Pictures attached. SAM_2035.JPG SAM_2034.JPG SAM_2037.JPG SAM_2036.JPG SAM_2038.JPG SAM_2039.JPG SAM_2040.JPG SAM_2041.JPG SAM_2042.JPG

Sad times

2. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Send these photos to victor UK, they will send you a replacement without much hassle...

3. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Had a short chuckle at "my shaft was....destroyed". :D Yeah, I'm immature that way.
    Anyhow, sorry to hear about the racket, but as LD said, if you send pictures their way, they'll replace it...perhaps you'll also need to send in the racket as well, but I'm pretty sure you'll get a replacement in the end.

4. shaz`

shaz` Regular Member

Yeah I got it from central sports and they've said to send it back (it's on its way) ... and spoke to the Victor UK rep and he says if it's as I describe then there would be no issue in replacing... just I need it for matches this coming week so don't know how soon it'll be replaced.

Just bought some BG-66UM to put on this bad boy too!

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    bummer.

that does look like it is manufacturing issue. very few cases have i seen shaft self destruct like that!

6. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Yeah, like I said, it shouldn't be a problem judging from the pictures.

You'll probably get a new one this week at some point.:) (maybe Wednesday?)

7. meteor

meteor Regular Member

Glad to hear you have it replaced. Got mine from centralsports too but hasn't snapped yet :)

8. shaz`

shaz` Regular Member

Yeah I've never seen a shaft self destruct like this. Central Sports say they can't guarantee replacing as they have to send it off to Victor. But I spoke to Victor UK and they said it shouldn't really be a problem.

9. shaz`

shaz` Regular Member

Well got a phone call from centralsports again today, not what I was expecting to hear. Basically they are saying that there are chips to the head of the racket (which I knew about, only cosmetic) and that there is a crack in one of the grommets due to the way it was strung (which I didn't know about) and that the accusation is that I broke the shaft of the racket INTENTIONALLY to ensure a replacement.

Now I don't take these kinds of accusations lightly so will be following this up as far as I can and never buying from this company again.

I contacted the former victor uk rep and he told me to send images and info through to someone at victor international, so we'll see where that takes us.

10. meteor

meteor Regular Member

Where is the accusation coming from, Victor or Centralsports?

11. shaz`

shaz` Regular Member

Accusation from Paul at Centralsports.

Basically told me, under no circumstances, would I be getting my racket replaced through central sports.

So I am contacting Victor direct, and going to be contacting trading standards and whoever else I can, posting on internet, etc. I'm pretty irate at the way I was spoken to.

I was going to call and buy 2 more of the mx80s from central sports in the mean time whilst I got this sorted, but not now, I'll pay extra to have them shipped from Asia.

12. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

That is completely out of order...

13. meteor

meteor Regular Member

Sorry to hear this mate... I am sure you'll get some positive answer in the end, it's ashame you have to get through all the hassle.

14. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

I feel that I have to speak up here.

Victor themselves will replace it. Unfortunately, some dealers in the UK will look for any reason not give you a replacement. This is out of order from central sports, this is not the first bad thing I've heard about them.

If you were still able to buy from victor direct, I'm sure they would have replaced this no quibbles...

15. shaz`

shaz` Regular Member

Yeah, I'm actually very irate at this. Basically his words were:

"There was a crack in one of the grommets on the frame due to stringing, so to us it looks like you broke the shaft of the racket to try and get a free replacement" at which point I essentially started shouting at the guy... at which point I told him that I'll never buy from them again.

Then when I emailed to request my racket be returned to me, they started asking me for details for my stringer and whether he pays his taxes etc, at which point I told them I would not provide them with ANY information due to the treatment I got, and to return my racket asap as it's still my property.

Seriously not impressed.

Currently waiting on a response from Victor International regarding this.

16. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

It's unacceptable the way they have treated you, and I would write a complaint to Victor UK about your treatment. Maybe also write to other people, and show your serious.

I have been put off from buying here in the past, as my friend ordered an Arc10, and asked for 27lbs, which they said they'd do, but when he got it, it was maximum only 22lbs, this shows that they didn't have the balls to string at the requested tension, and tried to pass it off as something it wasn't. When he phoned up, the guy gave him the usual nonsense about them stringing for professional, but refused to give him another restring.

Even though they are selling victor in the UK, just order from Asia or Germany...

17. meteor

meteor Regular Member

Some merchants tend to use arguments no matter how retarded to save money.
    If there was a crack in one of the grommets then why would someone want to break the shaft to get a replacement?.. And even if you did break the shaft - the crack in the frame still means the product was faulty.

Having said that, there's no point in yelling at them, only makes them angry.
    Best is to keep your voice down and use words like "unnaceptable" and "outrageous" and threaten you going to complain everywhere.

18. shaz`

shaz` Regular Member

Well I did, but the guy essentially said that I will NOT get this racket replaced through Central Sports under any circumstances. So at that point, I essentially told them where to stick it!

19. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Point them in the direction of this thread. Maybe se should create a "boycott CentralSports" thread. I've certainly done that.

20. shaz`

shaz` Regular Member

Yeah I'm tempted to, but to be honest, I want nothing to do with them any longer.

I just dropped Victor an email via their website also putting in a complain about Central Sports.