Voltric 80 vs Arcsaber 8DX

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by GUENNIIIII, Jan 21, 2012.

1. GUENNIIIII

GUENNIIIII Regular Member

Industrial Manager
    Hey GuysI tested many rackets Voltric 80/70 Arcsaber 10 z-slash armotec 900/800 nano speed 9900I liked the Voltric 80 the most. But yesterday I played with a Arcsaber 8DX and I liked it much more the extra stiffness brings such a good control in angeled shots and in every area of my play, thE lightness brings a better defence and a faster swing by fast drives. The power and repulsion was nearly the same! Someone also made this experiences or is it just a placebo? The new Voltric of LCW maybe also comes extra stiff? What do you think a about that?

2. NanoBatien

NanoBatien Regular Member

The headlighter rackets for me seem to have about the same power or near enough. But the main difference is the consistency and ease of use, since with headheavier rackets if youmishit a bit it still gives a decent shot, while with headlight it goes wrong. If in position its not too bad, but when out of position a slightly heavier racket helps.

3. NeverWalkAlone

NeverWalkAlone Regular Member

Arcsaber 8dx is even balanced and slightly head heavy, btw. It helps with accuracy and consistency. The smashes angles are pretty bad a$$ also.

However, i have mixed feelings with the racket. It does not have that extra feeling, as compare to my at700. I think it's as NanoBatien mentioned, the racket does lack a bit, when u are out position. I prefer to use it doubles and in singles, against inferior opponents, as their shots tend to land micourt and easy to kill with arcsaber 8dx.

4. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Anyone tried Nanoray 700FX/RP yet?? are they similar to ARC8DX or ARC series?

5. diverdan

diverdan Regular Member

graduate
    Hey Genui. I have owned both the vt80 and arc8dx. I found the vt80 to be head heavier and more flexible when compared to the arc8dx. To use the vt80 if you are used to even/head light rackets you need to adapt your game and get used to the extra heaviness. Timing is an issue and correct weighting of shots can take a while to master. However if you are used to head heavy rackets this shouldn't be a problem. The flex in the shaft is more suited to single or rear court players.The arc8dx is a lot more responsive and percentage of accuracy is higher. It is a good doubles racket.Power wise there is not much difference and is mainly dependant on what string and tension you use plus your technique and positioning.My racket of choice would be the arc8dx as it suits my game more.

6. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I've not tried the VT80 but I do have an 8DX. It's one of the best racquets I own. I bought it because I wanted something that was as stiff and light as my old MP100 but was a little more forgiving in off centre shots. The 8DX seemed to fit the bill nicely.

As someone said earlier, it is not a headheavy racquet and so will not be as forgiving if you mishit badly but I think there is enough "forgiveness" for it to be up there with the best. I also much prefer the colour scheme on it over the similar playing Arc10.

I would recommend this racquet to anyone who wants a stiff but not too headheavy racquet. I can see that this racquet will be a classic one day.

7. NeverWalkAlone

NeverWalkAlone Regular Member

I'll have to change my statements. lol. After changing the strings from BG65 to BG85, it's now my favourite racket for doubles. After purchasing VT80, i only recently noticed how light and manouvarable the racket is. However, the smashes are less powerful than VT80. Other than that, it stands equal