User Tag List

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe Nbg 99 alothough a good string but cost Sing 25-27 here is singapore, a bit expensive!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Anyone tried the NBG 99?

Anyone tried the NBG 99?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a fan of BG65Ti as I find it easy to extract power from it, but have never tried NBG99.

My only gripe with BG65Ti is it's tension loss and mediocre feel.

Are there any other fans of BG65Ti who have tried NBG99?

How do they compare given there is only 0.01mm difference in thickness?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 65ti v nanogy 99

Quote Originally Posted by R20190 View Post
    I'm a fan of BG65Ti as I find it easy to extract power from it, but have never tried NBG99. My only gripe with BG65Ti is it's tension loss and mediocre feel. Are there any other fans of BG65Ti who have tried NBG99? How do they compare given there is only 0.01mm difference in thickness?
    They may be close in thickness but 99 feels closer to 66um for me. Compared to 65ti , the nanogy is slightly sharper and livelier , letting you feel more of the shuttle. But if that shuttle is plastic , feeling more of it is not necessarily going to be pleasant. The thicker, soggier 65ti cushions the nasty plastic shuttle feel and could be preferred by you . You're just going to have to try it for yourself .

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nws56 View Post
    They may be close in thickness but 99 feels closer to 66um for me. Compared to 65ti , the nanogy is slightly sharper and livelier , letting you feel more of the shuttle. But if that shuttle is plastic , feeling more of it is not necessarily going to be pleasant. The thicker, soggier 65ti cushions the nasty plastic shuttle feel and could be preferred by you . You're just going to have to try it for yourself .
    Thanks. Its difficult to describe why I like BG65Ti. I have tried quite a range of strings but just don't get along with thin strings. Yes they're great for net shots, touchy feely shots and are very repulsive, but I just cannot get any power from thin strings for some reason.

BG65Ti to me is like a sledgehammer, whereas thin strings like BG66UM more like a watchmaker's hammer - precise and communicative.

I hoping that someone who can relate to this and have tried the NBG99 let me know what they think of the NBG99.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate this string. I just cut my 27lb NBG99 JP today to replace it with VS850. The string feels dead, not as repulsive as BG66UM, and is very much outshined by BG66UM around the net area. The only positive thing I can say about the string is the nice, lower "thud" sound when you hit the sweetspot with your smash. Disappointing string.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mew1838 View Post
    I hate this string. I just cut my 27lb NBG99 JP today to replace it with VS850. The string feels dead, not as repulsive as BG66UM, and is very much outshined by BG66UM around the net area. The only positive thing I can say about the string is the nice, lower "thud" sound when you hit the sweetspot with your smash. Disappointing string.
    What tension did you have your NBG99 at?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like my NBG99 a lot! Have it strung on my N90 at 26lbs and AT700PR at 27lbs... I really like the control I get... The power is not as strong as my other N90 strung with BG80P but it's much more precise...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is quite long time since this string have been tested now.
    Is there any conclusion about tension retention, playability loss over time and durability now?

I'm interested in this string since i hardly break a string but i may have to cut 66um frequently due to performance loss over time of 66um is not quite acceptable for me. If this string's feeling is close to 66um and hold tension better, i should give it a try....@24lbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It holds tension really well... It really moves around on me. I've played with it over the last 3 weeks... I personally like it a lot more than the BG66UM...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@woozy so from your experience you said that the nbg99 holds tension and doesn't have that dead feel that bg66um gets? I used my z force that's been in my bag for a while until tonight. Whenever I hit the shuttle the strings were moving around and feltnreally dead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After 3 months of 3-4hours avg per week @30LB on MX80 used by a heavy bomber, there are no signs of fraying and tension retention is merely ~1LB loss (MX80 may be a factor). Though feel degradation is starting to weigh in, it is considered very normal after such usage. I agree with the medium - soft feel shown by Yonex Japan chart but can't really agree on the durability of only 7. It should be at least 8 in my opinion. Definitely more durable than NBG98.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by decoy View Post
    @woozy so from your experience you said that the nbg99 holds tension and doesn't have that dead feel that bg66um gets? I used my z force that's been in my bag for a while until tonight. Whenever I hit the shuttle the strings were moving around and feltnreally dead.
    It moves around but not to the level of BG66UM... But then again I switched stringer from when I had my VT80 with BG66UM. And definitely no dead feeling on my N90 and AT700PR with NBG99 on them. Just really sharp and really accurate each and every time.

I try to keep a rotation on which rackets to use... I try to give each and every racket a workout every session :P Maybe that's why the strings still feels good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got 5 packs of these recently and put them on some of my rackets, must say I hated these strings... I was using BG66 Maxima on my N80 before the strings snapped, so strung up the racket with the 99's and when I played with it, the racket feels dead... I tried it also on my F9 and it also feels dead... Maybe it's because I'm playing with plastics today, will be playing with my feather group tomorrow, so will see how they perform with feather birdies... But with what I experienced today it was totally unexpected... If this continues guess I'll need to cut and restring

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its dead because ur tension too LOW , usually for thick string u should string the tension higher to improve the performances. I did 29 lbs with nbg 99, its performs as well as bg 66um
    BUT , the vibration make ur elbow feel pains
    Last edited by apachesun; 09-28-2012 at 02:21 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by apachesun View Post
    its dead because ur tension too LOW , usually for thick string u should string the tension higher to improve the performances. I did 29 lbs with nbg 99, its performs as well as bg 66um
    BUT , the vibration make ur elbow feel pains
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

I'm a fan of thicker strings, to get an equivalent repulsive feel and sound to thinner strings you need to string to higher tensions. I now use 27lb down from 28/29lb to ease the pain in my shoulder.

There's probably more power to be had with thinner strings when strung at low tension, compared to thick strings at the same low tension, but when it comes to high tensions, thin strings tend to lose a lot more power compared to thick.

I've still not used NBG99 yet, I'll probably cut my BG68Ti from my 8DX this weekend and give it a go. Having tried and loved NBG95 on my Z-slash, I am really looking forward to trying NBG99 on my 8DX. My only gripe with NBG95 is the lack of feel. There is no shortage of power and control wise I think it is adequate. If only it had more feel and if only it came in white!

Will report back once I've had a chance to try the NBG99.

Btw, does anyone know what is the difference between the SP, CH, JP, UK etc versions of NBG99?

I see they differ in price on MBS but I really don't understand why. Ok, if it's a racquet I can see that a JP version may be worth more than SP but surely strings should be the same???

Has anyone tried the different versions before?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I once strung 2 of my VTZF with Nanogy 99 JP and SP code

both VTZF were strung by the same stringer, who using the same engine YY5Espro, and applied 27x27 Lbs / 2 Knots.

I felt that the SP code seems to loose the tension quicker, whilst the JP code would last longer in holding its tension.

IMHO

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast