User Tag List

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carbonex 30 Muscle - 29 lbs ECP

what a sniper this combination has become

well as mentioned above, I agree that this is probably the best allrounder. "Control" category is not exxaggerating at all. Apart from its price

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Short review

Since Monday,

I trained 2 times and played 2 session with the Nanogy 99 at 30 x 32 on my MX80.

Coming from theBG66 UM which was my go to for last saison, I can say that this string performs very well and is a great allround string.

The access to the power of this string was quite easy. It doesn't have the repulsion of the BG66UM or BG80 but is quite powerful. I would say that the BGG66UM and BG80 are a bit more powerful, maybe because they are thinner strings. Compare to BG80 the NBG99 is nearly on par. Only a little difference.
    The NBG99 feels very familiar at first time. Smashing was a joy and I send alot of deadly rockets. The feedback was good.
    Clears and Backhand clears were effortless and the control is great. Every shuttle goes to the point which I aimed.
    Definitely an improvement compared to NBG95 which was very slippery.
    Sliced shots are very sharp and easy to perform.
    At the net this string performs very well, too. Net shots, crosscourt net drops were accurate and very close. Here the control really shines again. The feeling was medium. Not hard at all, but not too soft IMO.
    About holding tension and durability I can't say anything at this time, because the string is freshly strung.
    After all this string is a good string in all aspects. There was nothing which was disappointed or disturbs me. It's a nice string. Compared to my BG80 on the second MX80 at same tension, it lacks a tiny bit in terms of power. Don't get me wrong. It's just an observation and marginal.
    I think this strings fit for allround and controlled players who didn't choosed the BG80 due its hard feeling. It's excellent for people who do alot sliced shots because of its rough surface. For offensive players, who are looking for the ultimate power, it's maybe not the perfect string.
    Will I string this string again? Yes. I need some more time to figure at every little margin between BG80 and NBG99. Especially holding tension is important for me. At the moment for me the BG80 is slightly the better one because it fits my liking and requirement of a string and I know from previous stringing jobs that it holds tension very well. But NBG99 is definitely a string which is worth to give a try and can compete with the BG80. Especially for users who like the BG80 but don't like the hard feeling can choose NBG99 without any doubts.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@ucantseeme thanks for the review. I'm also interested in the tension retention of this string. You can use a free tuner app for smartphones to keep track of the tension by measuring the dominant frequency. CarlTune for Android, and one for iOS that I can't seem to recall atm.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    @ucantseeme thanks for the review. I'm also interested in the tension retention of this string. You can use a free tuner app for smartphones to keep track of the tension by measuring the dominant frequency. CarlTune for Android, and one for iOS that I can't seem to recall atm.

I have ClearTune and RacketTune on my ipod touch.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for your advices.
    I tried carltune on my xperia and it doesn't deliver any satisfied results. Frequencies between 1200 and 1700 Hz are the results, depending if I use my fingernail and which cross or main and hitting slightly the middle with different force makes a difference. Sadly, but true.
    For me it works best to change every game the racket and which string feels for a longer time comfortable or doesn't break might be the more durable string.
    Maybe I try the iphone app on a friends phone.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crazy apps. Tried several apps with different results. One of my profs said in the past "Wer viel misst misst Mist." Translated it means: Who measures much measures muck.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ucantseeme View Post
    Crazy apps. Tried severals with different results. One of my profs said in the past "Wer viel misst misst Mist." Translated it means: Who measures much measures muck.
    I like that saying. Try strumming the stringbed with your 3rd and
    4th fingernails and let it ring next to the mic. Should read btwn 1100 to 1400 or so Hz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought a pack of NBG99 SP from Mybadmintonstore. The stringer told me it's fake. Can anyone confirm this?

Regards,

HF07

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is it???????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hairfreak07 View Post
    I bought a pack of NBG99 SP from Mybadmintonstore. The stringer told me it's fake. Can anyone confirm this?

Regards,

HF07
    Lots of people have brought nothing but genuine products from mybadmintonstore, so it's highly doubtful that it's fake.

Why did your stringer think it's fake?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TBH, one of my stringers said that it "felt" fake. It wasn't strung on my racket, it was strung on my friend's racket @ 22 lbs. The string moved around constantly around each shuttle hit. However, there are no issues with the string yet...so maybe this stringer never strung 99's before.
    I'm going to give BMS the benefit of the doubt because it seems to be a trusted seller from BadmintonCentral.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yonex agent should conform this

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strings will usually take some time to "settle in", i.e., start to form notches and not move around anymore. So it's pretty normal that the strings will move around when hitting the shuttle.

I doubt that MBS would ship a fake product. Declaring it fake because it "feels" fake is pretty subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by Limited328 View Post
    TBH, one of my stringers said that it "felt" fake. It wasn't strung on my racket, it was strung on my friend's racket @ 22 lbs. The string moved around constantly around each shuttle hit. However, there are no issues with the string yet...so maybe this stringer never strung 99's before.
    I'm going to give BMS the benefit of the doubt because it seems to be a trusted seller from BadmintonCentral.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never said that it was fake. It was the stringer who said it. And I also put in quotes 'felt'. I also know that is takes time to settle, and no issues with the string which is why I never brought this up as an issue. My wording might have offended the seller@ mbs but wasn't intentional. Just sharing my experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueTornado View Post
    Strings will usually take some time to "settle in", i.e., start to form notches and not move around anymore. So it's pretty normal that the strings will move around when hitting the shuttle.

I doubt that MBS would ship a fake product. Declaring it fake because it "feels" fake is pretty subjective.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 weeks after my review I would to add something.

I played alot of games and had several training sessions with the NBG99. Compared to the BG80 which was strung at the same day, on the same machine with the same tension by the same stringer, the NBG99 lost a bit more tension compared to the BG80. I used carltune to messure the frequency after 2 days after stringing job and today. It gets a bit to soft for my liking and feels a bit dead. Not dead at all, but I notice that the performance dropped. Maybe the coating, tension loss, I don't know.
    I terms of control I must correct myself. I can't perform such accurate shots like crosscourt dropshot or longline smash anymore. Both went often a tiny bit out. If I use the BG80, every shot is sharp and on the line. Mybe the tension loss or coating. I can't find an explaination for this. Maybe I can't make such quick adjustments to the different strings.
    After 3 weeks, my conclusion is that I will stay with BG80. NBG99 was a nice adventure and freshly strung a superb string, but after a few weeks for me BG80 works a bit better. So I will stay with BG80.
    I ordered a package of Zymax from Eric. Reviews of 62, 65, 67 and 70 will follow in the next months in the Zymax thread.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@ucantseeme

What were the frequencies of the
    2 strings right after
    stringing
    , and today?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also found it harder to make cross drops and smash with NBG99. For me it goes WAYYYY out! I'm gonna blame it on the repulsiveness of NBG99 :P

Shots that I can make with BG80P and VS850, I can not make with NBG99

It may have something to do with the texture of the strings for me... But I'm quite a noob... So what would I know

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast