Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    @ucantseeme

What were the frequencies of the
    2 strings right after
    stringing
    , and today?
    Firstly, I must correct myself. Taking a look at my calendar the first measurment was 4 days after stringing instead of 2 days.

Today, BG80: 1163 Hz , first measurement: 1251 Hz, difference: 88 Hz
    Today, NBG99: 1131 Hz , first measurment: 1233 Hz, difference: 102 Hz

Didn't measured right after stringing. You know, I had problems with this fancy app.
    Is nearly on par, but performance wise the NBG99 lost feel, crispyness and control compared to the previous performances. I think the coating or something else must be the reason.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    @ucantseeme thanks for the review. I'm also interested in the tension retention of this string. You can use a free tuner app for smartphones to keep track of the tension by measuring the dominant frequency. CarlTune for Android, and one for iOS that I can't seem to recall atm.
    I'm not sure if I understand you. Are you saying that there are apps that can help determine the tension of the strings?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yonex NS9900 @ 25x27
    Yonex AS FB @ 25x27

I've been using NBG-99 (200m reel SP coded) for a few months now, it's a very durable string, on par with BG-65. Retains the tension a lot better, and doesn't fray as fast.

However I do feel that for pure smashing power it's not the best string, but the control is extremely nice, especially for slice/net rolls.

The string is also very soft, making stringing kind of annoying :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried the NBG99 on a 4u Voltric 80 @ 26lbs and i must say, i'm surprised at how repulsive it feels in comparison to some thinner strings i've used (BG80, BG80 power, VS850, BG68ti). Can't really compare it to the 0.66mm diameter types as i stopped using those a long time ago due to lack of durability. Control is superb, and personally i feel it trumps the BG80 and VS850. The touch and tactile response of shuttle on stringbed might not be as pronounced as the aforementioned strings, but surprisingly the end result is that i seem to get better directional control and quality of shuttle placement. Also the strings didn't seem to move around as much. I'll admit that hitting sound isn't the most crisp or distinct in comparison, however i personally don't place as much emphasis on this aspect as i do on the performance characteristics. Durability is yet to be determined since it was freshly strung and used for only about 2 hours of intensive play. Tension loss at this point is also not objectively comparable as not enough play time has been invested, but it survived the 2 hours with barely any discernible drop in tension (this is based on string pitch comparison with another racket strung at the same tension and not used for play)

All in all, performance wise, I have found the NBG 99 to be quite excellent, and might be switching over from my preferred strings (BG80 and BG80 power) pending the determination of durability and tension holding characteristics with more time and testing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've tried BG80P and BG80, I really like both of those strings, but probably bg80 more, since it has good power. Would any of you recommend this string for me? I usually play at 25-26 lbs.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the noob View Post
    I've tried BG80P and BG80, I really like both of those strings, but probably bg80 more, since it has good power. Would any of you recommend this string for me? I usually play at 25-26 lbs.
    If you like BG80 and like the hardness of it, then stick with it. For me it's a love or hate relationship with BG80. I personally don't like it. But I like BG80P which is softer and I can definitely get more power from it however it loses tension quite quickly.

NBG99 is somewhere between the two imo. It's a fraction softer than BG80, but is almost as powerful as BG80P and doesn't lose tension quickly. Durability seems good as is control and feel. Although there is a little more feel from BG80/P.

It's my current go-to string and is the most popular at my club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is making me curious to try it as my next string. I probably will, because I'm one of the few people who liked the softness of BG80P who also liked the hardness of BG80. Thanks!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently had the chance to play with NBG99. I prefer playing with plastics (save so much on cost, means more/better strings for me), so this might differ from what others might think.

I play at varsity level, and my usual set up is with BG80 @ 23lbs. Since NBG99 is 0.01mm thicker, I decided to just stick with the same tension. I noticed that I don't have to put as much effort to clear as I did with BG80, I guess this means power is more accessible with NBG99. I change my smash style with NBG99, from a big swing and follow-through (BG80) to a quick "snap" (forearm pronation) in order to take advantage of the accessible power.

But, it doesn't have that nice booming sound BG80 has with smashes, which sounds so good in an empty gym. NBG99 instead has a slightly higher pitched sound.

Didn't have an issue with touch at the net or sliced dropshots, I'm generally good at those shots.

I'm seriously considering getting a reel of NBG99 instead of BG80. The price difference is about $15 however

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just to clarify on my previous post, there is a difference between strings for me when playing plastics. I would prefer 0.66mm at or less and higher tension 26lbs.+ for feathers though.

As for forearm pronation, I do it both for big swings and "snaps". I forgot to mention that previously.

Anyway, should I bother prestretching either NBG99 or BG80? It might not make too much of a difference on BG80, but what about NBG99?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phaaam View Post
    Just to clarify on my previous post, there is a difference between strings for me when playing plastics. I would prefer 0.66mm at or less and higher tension 26lbs.+ for feathers though.

As for forearm pronation, I do it both for big swings and "snaps". I forgot to mention that previously.

Anyway, should I bother prestretching either NBG99 or BG80? It might not make too much of a difference on BG80, but what about NBG99?

it could be that i'm a horrible stringer, but when i strung both muscle power tours, one with nbg99 and the other with vs850, same tension, same style of string pattern, same day, the nbg99 loses tension just as much as the vs850. so maybe it is a good idea to prestretch nbg99. my way of stringing does not include prestretching, by the way

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gundamzaku View Post
    it could be that i'm a horrible stringer, but when i strung both muscle power tours, one with nbg99 and the other with vs850, same tension, same style of string pattern, same day, the nbg99 loses tension just as much as the vs850. so maybe it is a good idea to prestretch nbg99. my way of stringing does not include prestretching, by the way
    How do you notice the tension loss? By measurement? Feel? Hitting sound?

I've been playing with NBG99 and I'm really enjoying it. It doesn't have as loud a hitting sound as BG80 but it's definitely a powerful string. I'm considering buying a reel of NBG99, even though I already ordered a reel of BG80

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally broke NBG99 on my racket after about 5 or 6 months. It was strung at 25 pounds.

I would say it's a very good all rounder string. Excellent control, decent power, decent sound, nice durability. The go-to string if you want durability without excessively losing out on the other elements. However, it's a bit pricey and for me, it feels a bit too soft and lacks some power.

Back to BG80 for me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good string overall, but if u hook to thin gauge like me, it's certainly not a bg66um
    However better than 95 & 98 for sure

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots some tension from when it was fresh, only about 6 hours of play though with quite a bit of smashing.

I will experiment stringing 1-2 lbs. higher and letting it settle.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been using NBG99 for some time now and it's one of my favorite strings, but it only seems to be available in white. Has anyone managed to get this in another colour?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

up till now, it is only available in white.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone have any thoughts of this string compared to Zymax 70 given they're only 0.01mm difference in thickness.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast