User Tag List

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phaaam View Post
    How do you notice the tension loss? By measurement? Feel? Hitting sound?

I've been playing with NBG99 and I'm really enjoying it. It doesn't have as loud a hitting sound as BG80 but it's definitely a powerful string. I'm considering buying a reel of NBG99, even though I already ordered a reel of BG80
    i wasn't as technical as others, i just bang the racket frame onto the stringbed and listen to the frequency that way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just pick up VT80 with NBG99 last week man i tell what the boom definately there ! I have VT70 with BG80 but somehow it just not the same with the VT80 NBG99 combo lot more power to me .

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what tension did you use?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I must say, I have become a big fan of NBG99. It's in my top three strings now:
    1. NBG99
    2. BG65 (has to be at high tension, at least 28 pounds)
    3. BG66UM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

26lbs both of them Shinichi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I came across this string when our coach suggested this because it had the power & control of BG80 and the durability of BG65, I went to HK last month and bought a couple to try. Im always excited to try different strings.
    Strung it to my MX-JJS 3U with a tension of 29/27 lbs. and it has the same level of control and power with bg80 but a different hitting sound. I easily liked it except that when i played with for the 5th time, the string broke when I hit a forehand drive...kinda disapointed with that. I do not smash that often as I prefer to set points up.
    But I'm going to give it another try for my Voltric Z-Force and hopefullt it lasts longer...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olibog View Post
    I came across this string when our coach suggested this because it had the power & control of BG80 and the durability of BG65, I went to HK last month and bought a couple to try. Im always excited to try different strings.
    Strung it to my MX-JJS 3U with a tension of 29/27 lbs. and it has the same level of control and power with bg80 but a different hitting sound. I easily liked it except that when i played with for the 5th time, the string broke when I hit a forehand drive...kinda disapointed with that. I do not smash that often as I prefer to set points up.
    But I'm going to give it another try for my Voltric Z-Force and hopefullt it lasts longer...
    I have NBG99 on my JJS 3U at around the same tension too. Feels fantastic, currently my favourite all-round string. I use it on all my racquets now.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R20190 View Post
    I have NBG99 on my JJS 3U at around the same tension too. Feels fantastic, currently my favourite all-round string. I use it on all my racquets now.
    Even for plastics it's quite a beautiful string. I think it's only just less powerful than my experience with BG80. Of course the control is identical to that of the BG80 since the string roughness is about the same. I'm thinking about going down 1 lb. for my optimal tension. It's funny, I play better with BG80 at 1 lb. higher than with NBG99 even though BG80 is thinner.

My top 3 strings at the moment are: BG80, NBG99, and BG66 Maxima.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ended up having a horrible experience with this strings!!
    had it blow out after just a month of play.. 2 times a week tops. Strung at 23(m)x25(c) on a Tantrum 300. Just one month, a handful of sessions.
    The strings characteristics were great! While they lasted, I expected durability to be higher than the 98's I was coming from which lasted around 5 months of 2-3 times a week play.

Something about the rougher coating(which is whats supposed to give it, its control feeling) doesn't seem to allow the strings to slide against each other, resulting in them abrading themselves down in no time at all, compared to the much slicker coating of the 98's. Even though the 98's are thinner at .66

Just about all of the string joints in the sweet spot area of the racket were frayed bad in just a month, i've never seen a string tear itself apart that quickly.. Was I just horribly unluck? it wasn't just one failure point. Did the stringer somehow string these up wrong? It was done at one of Toronto's biggest badminton shops.

Any reason for an experience like this? to have them only last 1 month?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davinci.. View Post
    had it blow out after just a month of play.. 2 times a week tops. Strung at 23(m)x25(c) on a Tantrum 300. Just one month, a handful of sessions.
    The strings characteristics were great! While they lasted, I expected durability to be higher than the 98's I was coming from which lasted around 5 months of 2-3 times a week play.

Something about the rougher coating(which is whats supposed to give it, its control feeling) doesn't seem to allow the strings to slide against each other, resulting in them abrading themselves down in no time at all, compared to the much slicker coating of the 98's. Even though the 98's are thinner at .66

Just about all of the string joints in the sweet spot area of the racket were frayed bad in just a month, i've never seen a string tear itself apart that quickly.. Was I just horribly unluck? it wasn't just one failure point. Did the stringer somehow string these up wrong? It was done at one of Toronto's biggest badminton shops.

strangely i find that with rough strings it's better to string it at a higher than normal tension so that there's less chance for it to rub against each other, at least for my tension and my hitting style. but for more slippery strings, it's ok to have it strung at lower tension and let it slide around a bit. now this is just strictly for preserving the string and has absolutely nothing to do with playability

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like you were unlucky, what are the condition of your grommets like?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didnt realize I had the pictures I took of the stringing and damage to the strings before they snapped, as they were saved in my dropbox..

Here is the stringing job that was done and the resulting damage to the strings from incredibly loose cross strings that had a ton of movement in them, and ended up abrading them selves on the mains. As you can see ALL of the damage is on the crosses, none to the mains. Ill definitely chalk my bad experience up to very poor stringing. Was done at Canuckbadminton in Toronto. I obviously wont be going back there any time soon.. in the fourth picture you can see the outer coating coming off the core of the string. One month and they were toast..

Last edited by davinci..; 03-23-2014 at 07:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm no expert on string jobs, but I'm pretty sure strings don't loop around each other on the racket like that!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's got to be a perfect example of how not to string a racket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didnt realize I had the pictures I took of the stringing and damage to the strings before they snapped, as they were saved in my dropbox..

Here is the stringing job that was done and the resulting damage to the strings from incredibly loose cross strings that had a ton of movement in them, and ended up abrading them selves on the mains. As you can see ALL of the damage is on the crosses, none to the mains. Ill definitely chalk my bad experience up to very poor stringing. Was done at Canuckbadminton in Toronto. I obviously wont be going back there any time soon.. in the fourth picture you can see the outer coating coming off the core of the string. One month and they were toast..

as a stringer myself and also have been using the NBG99 for the past 1 year...

based on how the strings lap on the side of the frame

that's mathematically impossible?

i would be very interested how on earth they managed to do it in the first place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the hell stringing pattern is that......? After playing the game for 30 years and learning to string racquets from YouTube and this very informative forum, I have never ever seen or had any racquet look anything like that! Whoever did that should be appalled and they are not a racquet stringer by any means.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I was charged $35 for the privilege between strings/labor.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast