Pulling crosses pulls racquet on 6-pt mount, HELP!

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Jonster, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Jonster

Jonster Regular Member

University Student
    So I purchased a Pro's Pro Challenger 1 as well as a WISE Tension head. This is a big upgrade from my Klippermate M140 and I am absolutely loving it!

I followed the video by YULitle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rshyofxT_TY on how to mount a racquet on a 6-point mount machine.

When securing the top and bottom posts, I tighten it to the point where I can still move the racquet up and down but it is secure when trying to wiggle it sideways. As for the side-posts, I tighten it to the point where the posts is perpendicular to the racquet, not slanted at all.

As I string the racquet crosses on the bottom half of the racquet, I notice that the racquet literally moves when I pull tension. This unsecures the posts of the side not withstanding the pressure. I am not sure if this is normal or what I should do to secure the posts tighter.

Please help!

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Check the shape of the strung frame against an unstrung one - length/width ratio and symmetry. If everything's straight and in proportion, there's probably nothing to worry about.

If you use extra percentage for the crosses, try reducing the crosses by 1 lb.

3. Valentinas

Valentinas Regular Member

consultant
    Hello

I think what you are trying to tell is that the whole post rotates together with shoulder (side) supports? Try to rotate the post holding it by both hands. If it moves - check the bottom surface of the post and a surface of the metal plate. Try tightening the screw which holds post.

Regards,

Valentinas

4. illusionistpro

illusionistpro Regular Member

From what you describe I'm fairly certain that you dont have your side/shoulder supports in the correct position. Additionally it sounds like you're not tightening the mounts enough.

Here is what e hardest part to learn. Practice mounting your racket a few times. I usually stop when the racket begins to "stretch" about 1mm. The racket should not move up or down AT ALL. Next you have to tighten the shoulders. Again you want them to touch and be firm, however here I dont add any additional pressure. If you hold the racket by the throat and wiggle it left and right it should not move, or move very slightly.
    eagnas 940.jpg