How is MP-33 compared with MP-55?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by komr323, Jul 13, 2003.

1. komr323

komr323 Regular Member

I borrowed my friend's MP-55 @ 21lb for an hour today and played with it.
    I found the racket is very great at smashing but a little too heavy headed for me. (I use ISO 60Light which is a 3u racket)
    Now, I want to buy a new racket as I want to delivery more power to the shuttlecock when playing. I am not strong and I am only 115lbs but I like smashing the shuttle a lot. So I want to find a stiff heavy headed, but light (3U) racket.

Do the experts here tried both of these rackets? Do you think MP-33 can give me the good smashing feeling as MP-55? If MP-33 is not good for me, what other rackets would you recommend?

Thanks for teaching me how to choose rackets.

2. ttktom

ttktom Regular Member

Hi komr323

well the Mp 33 i thnk is good not quite as head heavy as the mp 55.

so i would think that the mp 33 will be good for u. this is just my opinion.

or try a Wilson Hyper Carbon 5.0 it's about as powerful as a mp 33 but a little cheaper. :)

3. Rai_Korei

Rai_Korei Regular Member

Racquet Stringer
    Ugh, perhaps I am biased, but I don't see why anyone would recommend a Wilson racquet...

4. Brave_Turtle

Brave_Turtle Regular Member

Student
    Hi,

Mp55 is very heavy and head heavy, great for smashes like you said while MP33 has a bit of everything even tought its not great as Mp99.

If you smash a lot and want to develop more your smash stick with Mp55 and enjoy. Later on, if you like the feel and the power of Mp55 you will probably want to try out other high end product like Mp-100 or Ti-10.

Don't forget that Mp-55 is usually hard to adapt so be prepared to hate it at first :p

5. calvinlgoh

calvinlgoh Regular Member

Student
    Hi komr323...

Dont know where you are located so this might not apply to you...

MP55s are going for 70% off in Malaysia because they are trying to clear their stock so you might want to consider that.

I think its only about RM 200 which is on $50 USD..

oh well...

:cool:
    calvin