Badminton Partner Kent (ashford or maidstone)

Discussion in 'UK' started by charlotte_alice, Jan 26, 2012.

1. charlotte_alice

charlotte_alice Regular Member

Customer Service
    Hi guys

I am looking for a badminton partner, I am female, 23, work in Maidstone and live in Ashford so two possible areas. I play casually and for a club too, need to improve though, amateur level.

PM if interested

2. Kent Badders

Kent Badders New Member

Badminton England Regional Officer for Kent
    Hi Charlotte,

I am the Regional Officer for Badminton England working in Kent.

Recently we have in partnership developed BadminFIT (Pay & Play) sessions at the YMCA centre in Maidstone on Wednesdays 7.30-9pm. It maybe worth going to one of these to see if you can find a partner or at least more people to practice with.

Also not sure if you ever get lunch breaks but at Maidstone Leisure Centre on Thursdays 1-2pm they have No Strings sessions which are pay & play so it maybe worth trying to take part as well.

I hope this helps, my work email is laurenneve@badmintonengland.co.uk if you need anymore information!

3. prits_88

prits_88 Regular Member

Stour Centre, Ashford

Monday:8-10pm
    Sunday: 11am-1pm

4. ApolloBC

ApolloBC New Member

Scientific Sales
    Well I hope you found a club to play at Charlotte I have to say that I am :eek::mad: re Lauren's response ! Kent Badminton England rep and has the cheek to respond with nothing other than their own pet projects :rolleyes: No wonder league badminton is in decline as this sort of response appears typical of BE attitude to club badminton. A visit to Kent Badminton www.kentbadminton.co.uk links to all the regions in Kent. Ashford has three clubs, Apollo who play North Foreland and Medway, Willesborough and Kennington who play South Foreland. As noted there is a pay and play at the YMCA Maidstone and one at the Stour Centre at Ashford with a league based play and play The Kings at Canterbury. As a 23 year old a visit to Kings might be a good idea as they have a number of strong league based players around your age rather than the remaining clubs who tend to be that bit older :eek: I am sure you would be welcomed at any of the Ashford clubs.