Normal for Left foot to hurt more than right foot?

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by pcll99, Jan 28, 2012.

1. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    I am right handed. after 3 hours of play (but not 2 hours), my left foot hurts. Specifically, the bottom of the left foot. Is that normal?

2. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

beta see a doc

3. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

For a righty, the left is the "push-off" foot, so if one of them is going to hurt, that's the one.

My first instinct would be to get some shoes with better cushioning and see if that helps - ASICS are generally the best for that.

4. vatovey

vatovey Regular Member

IT Technician / Badminton Stringer
    If you only get it after 3 hours of play, might be worth trying to build up the muscles in your foot aswell as getting suitable footwear.

Try playing for 2 hours 15 mins, once comfortable, increase to 2 hours 30 mins etc.....

Might also be worth taking a few minutes breaks in between games, this might prevent pain in the latter stages of your sessions.

5. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    ok, thanks all... it didn't hurt after 2 hours. Only after 2 hours and 30 mins did it hurt... (I had 3 to 5 min rest in between games as well.)

the in sole is a bit worn out... hope to change shoes soon.

6. johnv

johnv Regular Member

IT
    Worn insoles? - high time to replace the shoes. By the time the insole wears through the outer sole has also probably worn somewhat and the material of both becomes less elastic from all the impacts.

Expensive yes, consider it as part of "operating costs". Continuing with fading shoes and getting used to them will make it harder to become comfortable in new shoes and may lead to other leg/foot problems (blisters, joint pains, sprains etc).