Opponent always hits shutte to my partner

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by fraser1, Jan 29, 2012.

1. fraser1

fraser1 New Member

I have an issue when playing badminton. I'm a keen badminton player and play 3 times a week. A lot of players I play against hit the shuttle to my partner. If both opponents are doing this then there's a good chance I will not win. When going to new club and playing against new people. Some people automatically hit the shuttle away from me.

When my partner is serving and I'm standing behind them this slightly helps the issue. If I find myself in front at the net and my partner is behind. They will keep on hitting it to my opponent at the back of the court.

any help will be appreciated

2. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

Maybe u r a beta player than your partner. That's y

3. faiyazk

faiyazk Regular Member

^true! opponents always hit the shuttle to the weaker player, obviously.

dont worry they probably are afraid you'll kill em

4. summerseth

summerseth Regular Member

TS Alert Agent
    is this also one of the disadvantage of being always in front instead of you playing side by side with your partner when hitting the shuttlecock? just guessing though.. LOL beginner here ^_^

5. raymond

raymond Regular Member

Top Secret
    You can try rotating your partner out of the back. Look for a video in Youtube by Lee Jia Bok with title something "Helping Rear Player", and in need to do it fast/early in a rally. This is a very common tactic against players who can't rotate.

6. Aphelion-

Aphelion- Regular Member

This Happen A lots during Doubles, because is easiler to win if u focus your shot at the weaker enemy, since they might miss their shots or their return is less dangerous.normaly if i am stuck in this situation during a match ( i am not a pro or anything, is just an idea to get out of the disadvantage situation ), i will ask my partner to clear to enemy back hand so that WE will go back to side side formation, and if the birds goes back to u, u will smash and take attack, which mean ur partner will have to advance to net and cover the front court, and it gives u the formation where u ( who might be stronger ) will be attacking so there is more chance that ur enemy will lose the point

But Normaly , if u are infront and ur enemy keep sending it to the backcourt ( where ur friend is ) , there shouldn't be any problems, cause your team has the attack and all they are doing is defending.

7. summerseth

TS Alert Agent
    wow nice answers... im learning a lot... :p thanks guys... need to catch up reading more posts here, talk to you soon ;)

8. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Sounds like you need a new partner :)

9. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

But if you are stuck with him for the moment, there is no better way IMO to treat your partnership as a XD. The draw back will be that your partner may not improve probably the way he wanted to. But IMO mastering the front court takes a lot more talent and determination, maybe you can tell him that :)

10. summerseth

TS Alert Agent
    Probably... ^_^ since I'm a beginner my partner (which is random) always asks me to stay in front.. but hey i want to practice the side by side thingy... :rolleyes:

11. summerseth

TS Alert Agent
    Probably... ^_^ since I'm a beginner my partner (which is random) always asks me to stay in front.. but hey i want to practice the side by side thingy... :rolleyes:

12. johnv

johnv Regular Member

IT
    Maybe they are being kind. Standard tactics should push the weaker player to the back to be bombarded there.

To get to the back, hit high returns and then go side-by-side, some high returns should come to your side and take you to the back.

When side-by-side if you are a bit forward the opponents may be tempted to try lift over your head (since you will have left more space behind you). Be ready and go back for it.

Are you sure you want to play more from the back? try singles.

13. NanoBatien

NanoBatien Regular Member

If youre bored, hold your racket in your left hand and see what they do :p...

14. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Dont get too crazy about getting into side by side position, cos in fact side by side position is a defensive position. I'm not saying its a bad position to start with, but it's useless unless you can counter attack and defense well.

15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Of course they will do this! It's the tactic to win the game!!:)

IMHO, you can ask your partner to move forward closer to the forecourt area when appropriate.

There are two types of person who do not/cannot do this:

1) they listen but feel they cannot act it out in the game.

2) they listen but they have the attitude, who is this guy telling what the heck to do....I'll do my own thing.

If it's a new club, you have to play through it until you get a more balanced pairing during the evening...or get to know the people in the club better.:) In the end, I wouldn't take this sort of game so seriously.

16. moomoo

moomoo Regular Member

i like the "treat as if you're playing XD" tactic. i usually cover 3/4 of the court and ask my partner to cover front if go back and go back when pick up a drop.

17. amleto

amleto Regular Member

it could be that everyone else is much better than you, and playing the shot away from you will keep the rally going longer.

18. fraser1

fraser1 New Member

I can win points quite easy and maybe this prevents a rally from happening. Sometimes I domainate the game. Also, in some games the opponent still hits the shuttlecock to my partner even if the partner is a stronger player. Do you think I should go up a level? When my partner is strong it loses the effect because my partner will return most shots.

19. Tadashi

Tadashi Regular Member

AE278BB6CBB7487C0FF7AE706177CDE2E45AC583 is my dig
    Practice, practice, practice ... your partner has to learn all the strokes that a rear (hit) player needs. If the other side recognises the new variations your partner can do ... well, they have to look for some other idea than to shoot at your rear; except they're as limited as your partner at the moment.