Moving strings ?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by MistrYpsilon, Jan 29, 2012.

1. MistrYpsilon

MistrYpsilon Regular Member

IT
    When strung racquet and every thing seems fine, but when the game is moving strings,long and short, why? any advice, tips ? thank you and sorry for my English

2. visor

visor Regular Member

when newly strung, the strings will move when bird is struck, especially if sliced

that's normal, just readjust them in between points

as you use the strings more, they will develop slight notching at the intersections of the crosses and mains... when that happens, then your strings won't move as much

3. MistrYpsilon

IT
    ok thanks, I just could not understand, because when you buy a new racquet, the strings are almost not moving, so I thought I was doing something wrong, it is better to give a shorter strings of more than 2 pounds?

4. vatovey

vatovey Regular Member

IT Technician / Badminton Stringer
    strings moving is actually a good sign that you've got decent quality strings in your racket.

If notches are formed during the stringing process + thus don't move alot when playing with the racket, it's a sure sign that the strings used are cheap.

5. MistrYpsilon

IT
    thank you, I bought a new racquet Yonex 6600 and there is a factory string Yonex BG65 Ti, does not move at all, when I stringed racquet Victor 9000 Full Frame Waves with strung Yonex BG 66 Ultimax, strings move, I do not know whether this is normal? So I understand it correctly, that every racquet strung with good strings will be move?

6. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    Sometimes, the racket string stencil ink causes main and cross strings to stick together. This is common with new rackets with stock string.

7. MistrYpsilon

IT
    problem solved, I did not think it will be scattered calibration, the display had to be 10 kg but in fact it was completely different, I was adjusting the machine and now the values ​​are real, I thank everyone for their help, I'm curious how the strings will now move ...