Any pros using 4U even-balanced rackets?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by sautom88, Jan 30, 2012.

1. sautom88

sautom88 Regular Member

I am looking for a light and even balanced rackets for doubles(not just according to the specs but in real world products). However, I wonder if that is strong enough to do decent smashes for advanced doubles (esp. playing at the back). All the recommended or popular rackets seems to have one thing in common, reasonably heavy heads/frames; i.e. 3U even balanced or 4U/5U head-heavy balanced.

Any suggestions, especially non-yonex rackets. No matter what the specs says all Yonex high-end rackets are not really light-weight or light-swing rackets. :confused:

2. mzheng168

mzheng168 Regular Member

that is what i am always looking for! so went and bought a apacs lethal 18 and waiting to try it out next week!!

3. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

I find the 4U victor Bravesword 10 to be light fast and evenly balanced. Does it have adequate power? That's up to you. ;-)If you have access to Panda Power rackets, you might be able to get a Precision Pro like mine - even balance and light. Hits above its weight.

4. Gunnersfan

Gunnersfan Regular Member

Student
    in doubles, speed is more important than power.....
    so 4U suits better than 3U rackets....
    but it depends on you, if your hand is fast maybe you wont have any problem handling 3U racket.....
    im using 4U VT70 and i still can smash quite fast....
    maybe there are some loss in power but i dont think it's too much....

5. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    You should look at Kason Twister F9, used by Fu Hai Feng... it is flexible and slightly head heavy only.. and light.